Saddam Trial - Gen.Ramsey Clarke defends Saddam

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Alright time out!!!

Look, I hate to say this but.....think comes here everyday and doesan't like what he reads...let him blow off some steam...in other words move on...The whole thing is just a mockery, a cheap hollywood B movie...although...some of those were actually very good...drift

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Yes, and I agree with you. However what you say is analogous to excusing Mengele pressured by Hitler, or Krushchev pressured by Stalin. I don't think so. Try again.

Yeah, and when we criticize our government's actions we get the same reaction we do when we criticize your government's...that we're just being anti-American. We do criticize our government though, just as other Americans on this site criticize their (your) government instead of acting as apologists.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

That is how he ends it on a daily basis, by running away. The American way.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well, duh, but you can follow a train of thought from one thread to the next - can't you? And why are my posts being edited? ITN,
they are editing out "Canada" from my posts, too. They can't take it. They are so mortally embarrassed by their own gov. that they lash out at us.

What the hell is this about???????? Uncle, now you are flat out lying :twisted: Shame and tsk tsk on you. Nothing can be edited without leaving a signature.

Jesus uncle, how low can you get, lying about such a lame ass thing as dat 8O

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Another Lie. Peapod's post came after yours where you said you had enough. Another American lie. We are not stupid ITN.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

moghrabi said:
Another Lie. Peapod's post came after yours where you said you had enough. Another American lie. We are not stupid ITN.

OK then, answer the issues I placed to you Mog. Or are you going to sit there and make more excuses?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

When you stop lying the I will have time to find my info. That was a low one ITN.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Reverend Blair said:
Yes, and I agree with you. However what you say is analogous to excusing Mengele pressured by Hitler, or Krushchev pressured by Stalin. I don't think so. Try again.

Yeah, and when we criticize our government's actions we get the same reaction we do when we criticize your government's...that we're just being anti-American. We do criticize our government though, just as other Americans on this site criticize their (your) government instead of acting as apologists.

Right, this board is a hot bed of Canadian criticisms on international issues :roll:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

It's proportional, ITN. Your country commits far more crimes, tries to destroy international institutions and has been involved ina na illegal war for oil for quite a while now. You ignore international laws, commit torture, kill women and children, back dictators, and then stand there and tell us all that we should be just like you.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

Reverend Blair said:
It's proportional, ITN. Your country commits far more crimes, tries to destroy international institutions and has been involved ina na illegal war for oil for quite a while now. You ignore international laws, commit torture, kill women and children, back dictators, and then stand there and tell us all that we should be just like you.

There is no such thing as proportional morality. You cannot take the high road and be complicit at the same time. It's called hypocrisy. So you're not murderers, just accomplices, is that it? Canada has a history of complicity, open crimes and hypocrisy, time to look at yourselves in the mirror.

There are all but a few posters here that look at things evenly, they have criticised Canada, the US and just about everyone else who had their hands somewhere.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Canada has a history of complicity, open crimes and hypocrisy, time to look at yourselves in the mirror

GEE, Zuzz. Of course it has. No one is blind to that or pretending otherwise..........and AGAIN......what does this have to do with the SH trial charade??

btw: rev is right about the US. He capsulates it effectively in a paragraph or two. deflecting to another nation is just a typical avoidance tactic. MIght be a lot more mature if the 'americans" would actually admit to some of these truths instead of deflecting the feedback with game playing.

Why is it such a challenge to get a straight frichen answer out of the americans. Slippery lot they are. Yes, that is a generalization........because it FITS. And attacking the poster is another favored TACTIC.......when they cannot bring themselves to address the REAL issues. The multitude of frichen lies your REGIME/CABAL or whatever that orgnism is that is running your country now.......is nothing worthy to keep either defending or deflecting from. Dirty tactics.......nothing more.

Now .......is it remotely possible to get back to some sensible discussion without the US contingency blasting the topic off track with diversional tactics??? Seems the US contingency has learned well from the last political campagne. as it was the dirtiest one that anyone can remember.

and yes.........that is a "generalization......but the pattern is there for anyone to see......LOUD and CLEAR.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
There is no such thing as proportional morality.

I keep saying that, but I get told I'm just being anti-American. I wasn't talking about the morality though, I was talking about the criticism launched at a lack of it.

So you're not murderers, just accomplices, is that it? Canada has a history of complicity, open crimes and hypocrisy, time to look at yourselves in the mirror.

And we regularly do some introspection because of that, for which we are criticized, and often criticize ourselves, for being too introspective.

If you hate this place and the posters here so much, ITN, then why you do you keep coming back?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:
Canada has a history of complicity, open crimes and hypocrisy, time to look at yourselves in the mirror

GEE, Zuzz. Of course it has. No one is blind to that or pretending otherwise..........and AGAIN......what does this have to do with the SH trial charade??

btw: rev is right about the US. He capsulates it effectively in a paragraph or two. deflecting to another nation is just a typical avoidance tactic. MIght be a lot more mature if the 'americans" would actually admit to some of these truths instead of deflecting the feedback with game playing.

Why is it such a challenge to get a straight frichen answer out of the americans. Slippery lot they are. Yes, that is a generalization........because it FITS.

OK, let's see how much you know, I'll start another thread.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Reverend Blair said:
There is no such thing as proportional morality.

I keep saying that, but I get told I'm just being anti-American. I wasn't talking about the morality though, I was talking about the criticism launched at a lack of it.

So you're not murderers, just accomplices, is that it? Canada has a history of complicity, open crimes and hypocrisy, time to look at yourselves in the mirror.

And we regularly do some introspection because of that, for which we are criticized, and often criticize ourselves, for being too introspective.

If you hate this place and the posters here so much, ITN, then why you do you keep coming back?

You crticise yourselves? HA! That's a laugh and a half. I don't hate anyone, I hate hypocrisy which is why I keep coming back :wink:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

agree.....in fact "we" are probably overly self critical. One thing we are not is arrogant or jaded. or brash. I do think we have a better understanding of humility ...and recognizing when we are wrong.....and to admit it .

very different psychological mindset from the US. In many ways we are more like Europe. ( a good thing IMHO.......as Europe is older , wiser , and a lot more seasoned)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Perhaps your scope is too narrow, ITN. Canadians are known for their introspection. It's considered a flaw by some.

You are about the only person I've ever heard say that Canadians aren't self-critical enough, and it seems to be because you really hate when anybody criticises your country.

Consider this...when Galloway came to Canada and went after us for supporting the war in Iraq, did you hear a huge outcry? Nope. those who support your illegal war and our involvement in it barked a bit, but Canadians overall tucked it away as a little more information.

Now look what your country did, or tried to do, to Galloway.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
They tucked it away because they blew it off as non-sense. Many Canadians still don't believe you contributed to the Iraq war. And yet you have, in many ways. Why wasn't there any criticism about that?

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
You've all seen a number of ITN's posts by now, and you should catch some pattern of some thinking there.

I've seen a number of Reverend Blair's and Ocean Breeze's post and see a pattern.

But you should also see over time the sense ITN has shown over time in a number of his posts.

This guy is no fan of Bush, and no fan of some of things America has done under this administration, but he is no the less for it to question the prevailing prejudice here on this board. Maybe only us outsiders see it, but none of the Canadians do.

And yet we're also aware how you Canadians might process it.

Riddles.

Once again.