Saddam Trial - Gen.Ramsey Clarke defends Saddam

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Karlin wrote:
That would come out in the trial, and it might disturb some Americans if they hear it on their TVs that 9-11 was planned by Bushevites as an excuse to go all the way into Baghdad, as per Rumsfeld's famous quote from 1991 [but most Americans would just say 'so what'] .

incredible indifference, isn't it?? :x

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
America is playing stupid. He is going to tell all I hope.

do you think that the US is 'playing " stupid or actually BEING stupid here??

Gosh, I do hope he gets to tell all...........but one can just hear the americans twist his words to suit THEIR purpose. Can't you hear them calling SH a "lier"??? :roll: LIke their bloke in the oval office is something with integrety./credibility.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
Right, Saddam Hussein is the beacon of truth and justice. :roll:
What can he possibly say that we haven't heard already?

the pot calling the kettle black. Null and void . What can he say?? How do we know , until he says it??

sheesh.

(and if one thinks they already 'know" everything.....they might be in for one magical surprise.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

His vice prime minster died suddenly today. Maybe he had something to say. Strange.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

moghrabi said:
His vice prime minster died suddenly today. Maybe he had something to say. Strange.

did he??? I missed that news tid bit. Hmm. a lot of dying around this case isn't there???

one would think the mafia was involved.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:
I think not said:

the pot calling the kettle black. Null and void . What can he say?? How do we know , until he says it??

sheesh.

(and if one thinks they already 'know" everything.....they might be in for one magical surprise.

You seem to go for the kettle though without any reservations. You're quick to believe a murderer over another (in your view), what does that tell you? Anything?

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Saddam Trial - Gen.Ra

moghrabi said:

Yeah, he probably did. That America forced Saddam Hussein to kill his own people. That would get him off the hook, real nice.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:
I think not said:

sheesh.

You seem to go for the kettle though without any reservations. You're quick to believe a murderer over another (in your view), what does that tell you? Anything?

back to the frichen topic. Sheesh... :roll:

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:
an eye for an eye??? What will this sadism achieve except portray the lust for revenge. Isn't civilization above that??? ........ooops sorry, "civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence. Seems this is no frichen better than what he is reputed as doing.

IF this is what one advises for him........what do the same people advise for those that kill and maim and torture under the guise of elective WARS.??? Sorry, as it stands now.......the USR is hardly
"better" than SH regime. just different.

You is NOT Judge,jury and executioner.

Ya see.......psychology comes into play here. Might be best if he is treated with humanitarian kindness to show him what civility is like.

You didn't mind when I had mentioned Bush needs to have the same fate, did ya? Not a peep out of you.

And yeah, Saddam Hussein deserves that kind of punishment in my opinion. You stopped short of suggesting he be rehabilitated.

Ocean Breeze said:
"civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence"

Bigot. That's what you are plain and simple.

Get on it, ITN - you go, guy! Still laughing my ass off about the
Martin decision on Israel - or indecision - or wrong decision - or whatever.

Such conviction! Such staunch beliefs! Wow - almost Bushly.

Uncle

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Boy what does that tell ya 8O that people can actually have some strange defense of Saddam. It tells you that, the american government is so despised that even a depraved killer garners more defense.

Why is it that depraved dictators only become depraved dictators when the american government has no more need for them. As long as they benefit or assist in anyway, the american government looks the other way, hell, they even do business with them. Yet at the very same time creating the hollywood version of democracy. Their foreign polices have created this, are they going to make it right? are they even going to try? or are they just going to keep killing people, so they in turn can keep killing them. Its about oil, it always as been. Are they going to keep making generation after generation of bombers.

"The past isn't dead; it isn't even past." William Faulkner.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
unclepercy said:
I think not said:
Ocean Breeze said:
an eye for an eye??? What will this sadism achieve except portray the lust for revenge. Isn't civilization above that??? ........ooops sorry, "civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence. Seems this is no frichen better than what he is reputed as doing.

IF this is what one advises for him........what do the same people advise for those that kill and maim and torture under the guise of elective WARS.??? Sorry, as it stands now.......the USR is hardly
"better" than SH regime. just different.

You is NOT Judge,jury and executioner.

Ya see.......psychology comes into play here. Might be best if he is treated with humanitarian kindness to show him what civility is like.

You didn't mind when I had mentioned Bush needs to have the same fate, did ya? Not a peep out of you.

And yeah, Saddam Hussein deserves that kind of punishment in my opinion. You stopped short of suggesting he be rehabilitated.

Ocean Breeze said:
"civilization " and the 'US" don't belong in the same sentence"

Bigot. That's what you are plain and simple.

Get on it, ITN - you go, guy! Still laughing my ass off about the
Martin decision on Israel - or indecision - or wrong decision - or whatever.

Such conviction! Such staunch beliefs! Wow - almost Bushly.

Uncle

hmm. the topic is SH trial. ........ :roll:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
peapod said:
Boy what does that tell ya 8O that people can actually have some strange defense of Saddam. It tells you that, the american government is so despised that even a depraved killer garners more defense.

Why is it that depraved dictators only become depraved dictators when the american government has no more need for them. As long as they benefit or assist in anyway, the american government looks the other way, hell, they even do business with them. Yet at the very same time creating the hollywood version of democracy. Their foreign polices have created this, are they going to make it right? are they even going to try? or are they just going to keep killing people, so they in turn can keep killing them. Its about oil, it always as been. Are they going to keep making generation after generation of bombers.

bravo!!

I don't think it is defense for SH and HIS atrocities as much as the frichen two faced, hypocracy of the Liers Inc. (aka USR) Yesterdays pal is todays enemy. No one can predict where one will stand with the US from day to day.......and that alone breeds anger, resentment and complete distrust.

this whole scenario has brought to the surface some of the sick realities of the USR..... and sadly we (collectively) has expected better than that .......as according to their self proclaimed pronouncements the US is supposed to be civilized. (while we are finding out in living color that it is not. So anything the US says about other despot leaders means nothing) They have no credibility .

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
peapod said:

That they are hypocrits. That there sense of morality is as shallow as their logic.

peapod said:

Because it didn't serve American interests anymore. What's Canada's excuse for supporting tin pot dictators and oppressive regimes?

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I think not said:
Because it didn't serve American interests anymore.

So what you are confessing to (we all knew that) is you use them and then abuse them? Am I correct ITN?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

so you admit to the US being a fickle and unreliable nation when it comes to relationships. As long as a nation SERVES the US interests ......all is copesthetic.......and when the US has no more use ( drained it dry of whatever it wanted from said nation)....it turns on said nation.

and you call this ETHICAL?? :roll: :x

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Ocean Breeze said:

so you admit to the US being a fickle and unreliable nation when it comes to relationships. As long as a nation SERVES the US interests ......all is copesthetic.......and when the US has no more use ( drained it dry of whatever it wanted from said nation)....it turns on said nation.

and you call this ETHICAL?? :roll: :x

No, but I am not a hypocrit about it, like some of you here are. All nations look after their OWN interests, get it? got it? The US didn't need SH anymore because the cold war slowed down, significantly. And Iran wasn't perceived as a threat anymore.

Why did you guys edit out Canada? Still being hypocrits? It doesn't work anymore, you're all as apathetic as everyone else in the world.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Because it didn't serve American interests anymore. What's Canada's excuse for supporting tin pot dictators and oppressive regimes?

Usually it's maintaining our trade relationship with the United States so when we question our government's actions we get called anti-American for that too. :?