Privatizing Aboriginal Reserves

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes you have

No I haven't. Perhaps you should make a point of understanding the issue until you wade in and comment. My issue is that Canadians are treated differently (legally speaking) in this country for no other reason than birthright. I have a problem with that. None of the dodge and weave tactics from the likes of you (or CB for that matter) have managed to explain why this position is bad. Clearly you are either an idiot and can not grasp my position or (more likely) you can't really argue against it so you try and make it about something else.

If you believe that some Canadians should be given rights that other Canadians don't have simply because of who their daddy was or maybe because they were born with a penis or maybe just that they have the proper colour skin, then be a man and just say so.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yup. People are treated differently. You and dumpy are prime examples of how you want to treat people differently. If people are First Nations you and he feel that they should NOT have their treaty rights honoured. You both feel that, for some reason, white boys are better and don't need to live up to their legal obligations.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Forget privatizing reserves and abolish them all together. Reserves reenforce the notion that Native Canadians are different and unequal to the rest of the population, and that's not what our parents taught us. Canada simply does not practice what they preach in regards to equality.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not surprised. You probably think that replacing the bold parts with Jew, cheaper and Christian or Asian, a worse driver, whites is acceptable as well. How about whites, more intelligent and blacks?

Nah, I've known some blacks who are more intelligent than lots of whites. I'm surprised you think Jews are cheap! :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm sure some would. CB and RCS have a tendency to find racists everywhere. Normal people would see that the Norwegian/African skin colour is scientifically defensible (unlike the racist comment about white/aboriginal hunters)

Aboriginal Hunting and Fishing Rights - Canadian-Lawyers.ca

Proof that CB is a liar.

Your ignorance just shifted into high gear. I think hunger is a real scientific reason for hunting! Oh, and don't bother pasting sh*t for me, as I has no idea that the author isn't just as ignorant as you!

Bob and weave.

No need for you to sign your name, we all know who you are!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Your ignorance just shifted into high gear. I think hunger is a real scientific reason for hunting!

LOL...more bob and weave. What does hunger have to do with anything? Is that just another of your feeble attempts to shift attention away from your racist statements.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
LOL...more bob and weave. What does hunger have to do with anything? Is that just another of your feeble attempts to shift attention away from your racist statements.

Not ever having been hungry you wouldn't know! :roll:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LOL...nice dodge yet again.
What dodge? I answered your generalized question with a generalized answer. It's not my fault you're not bright enough to understand that.

Everybody knows that there are different hunting rules for different people. It's too bad for you that you don't get that perk but it doesn't change the fact that it exists.
Your goal post shuffle aside, that isn't what you asked. I'm not surprised I have to explain that to you.

CB and RCS have a tendency to find racists everywhere.
Wrong again.
I didn't lie. I answered you asinine generalized question, with a generalized answer.

But thanks for posting material that supports my position, as Gh pointed out. I hope you'll soon learn that there isn't just one aboriginal group, under one treaty. It would go a long way to prevent you from looking so stupid so often.

From your link...

With each different Aboriginal group and each different province, there is the potential that the nature of Aboriginal or treaty rights will vary throughout Canada.

Like Aboriginal rights, treaty rights in Canada may confer upon an Aboriginal group the right to hunt or fish for domestic or commercial purposes.
As I've said so many times. Given the many treaties, and complex nature of the issue, any generalization, is not constructive. Clearly you are either an idiot and can not grasp my position or (more likely) you can't really argue against it so you try and make it about something else.

Are you not allowed to hunt or fish for domestic or commercial purposes?

Wrong again. I have no problem honouring treaty rights. I think you have been paying too much mind to CB's nonsense.
Ummm...

My issue is that Canadians are treated differently (legally speaking) in this country for no other reason than birthright.
So you do have a problem with honouring treaty rights. Maybe if you were consistent, logically or otherwise, people would believe you and you wouldn't look like such an idiot all the time.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hungry or not hungry has no bearing on whether or not one is a responsible hunter. More bob and weave.

That's where your stupidity and naivity speak loud and clear. I think one hunting for food, has a little more interest in preserving the resource than one who is looking for a "rack" for the wall in the den. And you don't have to keep signing your name.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
That's where your stupidity and naivity speak loud and clear. I think one hunting for food, has a little more interest in preserving the resource than one who is looking for a "rack" for the wall in the den. And you don't have to keep signing your name.

I'm still trying to figure out what this all has to do with your racist claim that aboriginal hunters are more responsible than white hunters. Are you claiming that aboriginals are always hungry or that white people don't get hungry?

But thanks for posting material that supports my position, as Gh pointed out.

I'm glad it supports your position. Since it also supports mine, it would seem that we are in agreement. It makes me wonder what you've been blathering about for so long.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm still trying to figure out what this all has to do with your racist claim that aboriginal hunters are more responsible than white hunters. Are you claiming that aboriginals are always hungry or that white people don't get hungry?

You're off the rails, I wasn't making a racist claim, just pointing out a difference between some of two demographics, there Bob & Weave.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
II'm glad it supports your position. Since it also supports mine, it would seem that we are in agreement.
It was only a matter of time before you got something right, to bad it was simply accidental. Now that you admit it supports my position, I guess you'll be apologizing to Gh.

I see you missed the question, so I'll ask it again. Are you allowed to hunt or fish for domestic or commercial purposes?

It makes me wonder what you've been blathering about for so long.
Clearly you are either an idiot and can not grasp my position or you can't really argue against it so you try and make it about something else. Although it's most likely the former that causes you to do the latter.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It was only a matter of time before you got something right, to bad it was simply accidental. Now that you admit it supports my position, I guess you'll be apologizing to Gh.

I see you missed the question, so I'll ask it again. Are you allowed to hunt or fish for domestic or commercial purposes?

Clearly you are either an idiot and can not grasp my position or you can't really argue against it so you try and make it about something else. Although it's most likely the former that causes you to do the latter.

With all that some;-) say about Native beeing able to hunt anywhere, anytime...
I'm wondering why you bother paying for a license for Deer every year.................:smile: