Privatizing Aboriginal Reserves

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
With all that some;-) say about Native beeing able to hunt anywhere, anytime...
I'm wondering why you bother paying for a license for Deer every year.................:smile:
That's the problem with people like cannuck, who are seemingly intelligent, but not very bright, that generalize all First Nations. They really have such a limited grasp on the complexity of the treaty process, let alone what each treaty entails. So it's easy to make them look foolish. Especially when they rely on myth and misconceptions, to derive an erroneous opinion.

Oddly enough, a close friend of mine, a non Native, had more hunting rights then I did, until I took the trappers course too. Even when I hunt in my treaty territory, which I can do without a tag, I still have to have a tag to leave the reservation and transport the game home. And gawd help me if I'm caught with fresh kill outside the season.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LOL... You don't even know what you have asked?
Yes I do, I just want you to make your answer clear, to remove your ability to say I didn't say that.

I can understand how that would make you uncomfortable, your ego being an extremely fragile thing.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Bear: Getting an admission out of that guy is like trying to fish and catch a ling, once you catch it, the best thing you can do is throw it back in.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bear: Getting an admission out of that guy is like trying to fish and catch a ling, once you catch it, the best thing you can do is throw it back in.
Tell me about it. I've never encountered someone so cowardly with such a fragile ego.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes I do, I just want you to make your answer clear, to remove your ability to say I didn't say that.

I can understand how that would make you uncomfortable, your ego being an extremely fragile thing.

I don't think you have to concern yourself with the clarity of my answer. The real issue is your need to muddy the question. It's just more bob and weave from the special interest shill. As anybody that has followed my position can attest, the issue has nothing to do with whether white people can fish or hunt. The real issue is whether the have the right to fish and hunt. I do not have that right simply because I am of the wrong race. Canada gives that right based on nothing more than birth right. You support this and I don't. Of course, you are aware of that. It's why you have to ask silly questions that try to steer the conversation away from that issue. I'm sure JLM admires your bob and weave.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't think you have to concern yourself with the clarity of my answer. The real issue is your need to muddy the question. It's just more bob and weave from the special interest shill.
LOL. Clearly you are either an idiot and can not grasp my position or you can't really argue against it so you try and make it about something else. Although it's most likely the former that causes you to do the latter.

I'm not the one that won't clearly answer the question, which is of course born from your claims that First Nations enjoy something, not available to all Canadians.

As anybody that has followed my position can attest, the issue has nothing to do with whether white people can fish or hunt.
True, that's just where you directed it, with your claims.

The real issue is whether the have the right to fish and hunt. I do not have that right simply because I am of the wrong race.
You aren't able to hunt or fish because of your race? When did that law get past?

Canada gives that right based on nothing more than birth right.
Not that I recognize your asinine generalized claim, since I have no more right to hunt than you, and I'm Native, you spelled contract wrong.

You support this and I don't.
Yes you do...

I have no problem honouring treaty rights.

Of course, you are aware of that. It's why you have to ask silly questions that try to steer the conversation away from that issue. I'm sure JLM admires your bob and weave.
I'm sure you want people to see it that way, but my questions are specifically geared to your claims. I'm not surprised I have to point that out to you Bob Weaver.

I'm not surprised how answering my questions clearly, would make you uncomfortable. I'm equally not surprised at your back peddling.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You aren't able to hunt or fish because of your race? When did that law get past?

I'm really beginning to think you are just stupid and I've been giving you entirely too much credit. I have said I do not have the right to fish and hunt. Twice I underlined the word and put it in bold. Did you not see it or did you deliberately ignore it?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I would be more inclined to think big EGO, fragile CHARACTER! :lol:

I'm really beginning to think you are just stupid and I've been giving you entirely too much credit. I have said I do not have the right to fish and hunt. Twice I underlined the word and put it in bold. Did you not see it or did you deliberately ignore it?

You must have committed a fairly serious offense, what did you do? Mistake a game warden for a deer or yank his eye out with a fish hook?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You must have committed a fairly serious offense, what did you do? Mistake a game warden for a deer or yank his eye out with a fish hook?

I'm not really surprised that you would make such a comment. You've clearly been out of your depth this entire thread.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm really beginning to think you are just stupid and I've been giving you entirely too much credit.
I'm sure you actually believe that. With an ego as fragile as yours, you couldn't have it any other way.

I have said I do not have the right to fish and hunt. Twice I underlined the word and put it in bold. Did you not see it or did you deliberately ignore it?
And I told you, I have no more right to hunt than you do, and I'm Native. Hell DaS has more rights than I do.

If you didn't form your opinion on generalizations and myths, you wouldn't look so stupid all the time. Didn't you read your own link? It states clearly there is no blanket right to hunt. Even in the cases where there are negotiated and contractual hunting rights, it's location specific, and provides no benefit to First Nations, that aren't also enjoyed by non Natives. Speaking of muddying the question, I having proved that, now you want to argue over the word right. Instead of admit your erroneous beliefs are just that, erroneous.

You would think someone who has argued in favour of collective bargaining, such as yourself, for benefits you claim all Canadians can enjoy, would be more consistent in your views of contractual negotiated benefits.

But that would require consistency and objectivity. Two things that are foreign to you.

I would be more inclined to think big EGO, fragile CHARACTER! :lol:
That too.

I'm not really surprised that you would make such a comment. You've clearly been out of your depth this entire thread.
No more so than you.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bob and weave, bob and weave.
We are all aware of your bob and weave tactics, when you lose an argument, there was no need for a disclaimer on your posts.

But I can understand why you would want to ignore the rest of my post, you don't like being exposed as hypocritical, wrong or ignorant. No need to acknowledge that. Especially with an ego as fragile as yours.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
But I can understand why you would want to ignore the rest of my post

There really is no need to comment on the rest of your post because it consists of nothing more than your usual tactics of putting words into people's mouth. That's a common practice of special interest shills.