Policing Poverty ( Securing Homelessness )

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Do you have any solutions? I live in Toronto and many of the homeless people I see are totally incapable of living on their own or holding a job for that matter, they're mentally ill for the most part. On my way to work this morning, I saw a black gent skipping across University Ave, wearing only jogging pants, singing broadway tunes... yup, he's ready to manage his life.

Did You ask any of them if they had any plans for the future?..Perhaps that Black Gent was happy to learn he just earned a Fortune/a Future..

Or did You just assume they didn't have a future?.

Yes , true , there are a lot who need assistance...Would take it,thankfully, if offered...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Step Up with Solutions

Most of the Problems are due to Addictions/Mental, Physical Disabilites/ Criminal Backgrounds..

Solutions

Mental/Physical Disabilites ....These people need places to live life /Dignity..
.Perhaps appartments specifically set up for these needs...Including proper Security and Social assistance .In house medical.
All in 1 building...

Preferably a Green/CleanTech Building of the Future...Where they can contribute to their own livelyhood..

---------------------------------

Addictions - Most addicts are addicted to pharmaceuticals...Fewer to Street Drugs ..( I am for ..Injection sites )

Appartment Buildings specifically for these addicts...They will be given a place to live provided they attend required classes..
If they fail to attend these required meetings , or spend their rent on drugs ...They will be sent to a more secure Building ...Halfway house, where they will remain, until they prove they deserve their freedom again ...

If addicts do not accept the terms of the rental contract , ending up homeless on the street ...They will be arrested and incarcerated...Only way out is to take manditory classes until the holding facility is satisfied you deserve to leave...

This structure already exists ... Just broken and abused by Government Bureaucracies...This system should be streamlined ..

Yes to injection sites...

Those who want to be helped ... Should be helped ...
Those who don't ..and break the law ...Will be made to conform to the laws of the land...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Criminal Backgrounds... All need a chance for rehabilatation .Unfortunately for all .These people are often not given the chance to prove they can be productive .

Conditional Pardons should be automatically granted after 10 yrs without re-offending....

I believe In Jail House Programs should be manditory... Including addictions programs/ Adjustment programs / Back to work programs\ Living Programs.......

All should be Given Food and Shelter, but continuosly show they deserve it ...

The rest ...Will rot in their cell..

Step Up with Solutions

$12, 000 a yr for food and shelter should be the manditory saftey net ... with Manditory Addictions programs/ Adjustment programs / Back to work programs\ Living Programs

No free Handouts...If An Addict goes to a social worker at a dropin center/Shelter begging for rent money , after spending it all on drugs ..They should be given the money ONLY if they accept the Manditory requirements listed above..

All could Contribute , live a Good healthy/ Productive lifestyle ...in A Green/CleanTech Building of the Future...

Green/Clean Tech

---------------------------------------------------

________________________________________________________________________________________________________...

Living Wage = $12-$14/hr ...$14+ with vehicle ...Is why I think it's important for Car manufacturers to pay a Living Wage...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Another way to go for the previously mentioned Groups (Recovering Addicts/Special Needs/Ex Cons/Homeless) could be a Co-operative Communitee Living model.

Where residents are required to contribute/ Work in their assigned communitee inorder to recieve Housing/Benefits ...
------

" Step up " Model looks something like ;

Homeless - Monitored/Regulated Apartment Building(Green/Clean Tech Building of the future :wink: )
- Co-op Communitee living -Productive Self Sufficient Citizen.

Ex-Con - Halfway House/Shelter - Monitored Apartment Building(Green/Clean Tech Building) -
Co-Op Communitee Living - Productive Self Sufficient Citizen ..

Recovering Addict - Mandatory Rehab facility - Monitored Apartment Building (Green/Clean Tech Building) - Co-Op Communitee Living - Productive Self Suffient Citizen( with temporary, mandatory check ups ) ...

Special Needs - Monitored Apartment Building(Green/Clean Tech Building) - Co-Op Communitee Living - Productive Self Sufficient Citizen( All with necessary assistance) ...

There are always people worse off ...Who have bettered themselves( with necessary assistance )..
I've seen it many times..

These people should be Commended/Rewarded/ Acknowledged for their efforts

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Addition to above

All necessary assistance for the " STEP UP" plan mentioned above;- health care, Police Security , employment/placement workers,Social workers, program/class instructors , etc, would all work/be available in the (Green/Clean Tech ) building / Communitee Living Village..

System already exists but is broken, due in part to bureaucratic bickering/tinkering/hoarding of funds...System Needs to be Streamlined...

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Top 1% saw their Wealth increase by 300%, meanwhile, gap between Rich and Poor Grows ever Larger ...More and More Middle Class continue to fall through the gaping Hole...

....Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely ...

Time The Big Players Give Back ...Or go Exploit the People/Environment/Economy Elsewhere..( Problem is ( Globally Speaking )China could/can Ruin us/it all ...)

A Solution - Green/Clean Tech/Step Up Model, is the best way to ensure Sustainability/Prosperity, now, and as we continue to move Forever Positively Forward, into the Future...

Peace or Pieces?

Peace...

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Surrey MLA Jagrup Brar takes vow of poverty for a month - Jagrup Brar - NDP Politician will live on Welfare for 1 month.

I've been homeless 3 times ( in Ontario )...Never seemed to be eligible to receive anything.(Dot an "i" wrong, and you can be denied benefits.)
Lived off $300 a month for 1yr.
Lived on streets for 1yr.
Lived in shelters.
Lived in Car.
Mostly though, I've have been caught up with the Working poor , in a cycle of poverty, for the greater part of 10 yrs. Constantly/Continuosly In and out of $10-$11/ hr jobs.( Do to lays offs/End of Contracts/Shortage of work( majority of the times through temp.agencies )).Making just enough for Food/Shelter and Transportation ...Enough to get to work and back ..Little more..

What makes things ever harder is that my passions lie with Music, Writing, Creative Art...It is a constant battle to survive, to suffer through, to be a " Zombie Slave Drone ", an Entrepreneur, in todays diminishing industry..

The system is failing many( More so.. Young to middle age men( Women, Children,and Seniors 1st of course)

This cycle of poor to bust poverty must be addressed and changed immediately..

Best of luck to the Anti-Poverty Coalition and Jagrap Brar ...Especially with A Rep./Con.Harper Gov. Majority...

-------------------------------------------
Wealth gap widens to 30-year high - Business - CBC News - Poor-Rich Gap Continues to Widen

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Change needed Immediately - Could you please spare some change?..- Sincerely yours - The Hopeful Homeless

- Layed off again!..
- Not Eligible for rent bank /food bank
- Shelter time running out
- Resume is a mess ( due to continuous layoffs and Dead end Temp. work)
- No job security
- Never seem to be eligible for any Gov.programs , including E.I.
- Took 2 months before Gov. even processed my claim to decide I wasn't eligible for benefits..
- Actively looking for work despite high anxiety/ growing feeling of hopelessness -- No I won't give up/Give in...There's got to be something better out there...Somewhere..!
- Swallowed my Pride/Dignity - Applyed for Social assistance...With no Shelter will be lucky to get $200 a month - If accepted at all ...

There has to be something better than this out there --- Somewhere...

The system is broken ....The homeless are broke..

Change is needed..immediately...

Could you please spare some change ?...

Yours sincerely, Humbly ;

The Silenced, yet still hopeful, Homeless..

------------------------------------------------------

( This was written on a Bad day / A Sadurday... )

Heads up ;):)

Peace..

Why should the wealthy be taxed higher ? ...Should be ...Why the Rich should be taxed higher?( again philanthropists, an Exception/ Exempt)

Through tax loop holes/Biz exemptions and other Political/Bureaucratic back scratching; Rich don't pay more; they pay way less than average citizens; yet enjoy the same social programs( + private programs)...Money is continuously stripped from the middle/poor and given to the rich - under the banner of Globalization ..Same ol' same Ol' ...Steal from the middle give to the Poor/Rich..So who needs it more?

...............Time to call in RobinHood?......:)

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Hopes fade for humane welfare system in Ontario - thestar.com - Carol Goar " As the conversation ended, they tried to explain what it’s like to be poor and disabled in Ontario. “It’s like you’re always being judged and found guilty of some crime,” Koo said. Smith gave it a name: “the crime of being sick.”( and tired)..."

We must all work to ensure that All those who need assistance receive it; can Live(More than just barely survive)off it; and get a hand stepping up, out of; the dizzying/entangling/ensnaring/entrapping(umm?.uh.well..You get the point)cycle of poverty; and Into, a more fair, meaningful, productive lifestyle; where All can move forward; contribute;... where they are able.

Those who have never lived in poverty are ignorant of the system and the fixes that are needed..People in the system know the problems, but most seem unwilling/unable/incapable/powerless to do what needs to be done..

The social system needs to be streamlined/consolidated into categories; into living communitee's; that can better assist/address, more specifically, the needs of people, who need it.

There are solutions, where there is interest; and it is in everyone's interest that all people find a place/a home in our Cities/Towns/Neighbourhoods.

There's a saying; Things don't get any better being bitter..( uh?..or is that, things taste better with butter..Anyway...doesn't matter..rant continues)....
It's hard not to get bitter/withdraw when you never seem to see things getting any better.
Real positive change never seems to come quick enough/when it does at all..

It doesn't have to be this way.

All too often Politicians/Employers seem to, all too conveniently forget, they also rely on public funds.

Ok..Won't get into the blame game. Have to stay positive..

We gotta continue to Move,Forever Positively Forward, into the Future..Together..For the betterment of all..

OK...A solution?.

See "Step up" model above..(a basic solution)

End of Rant .....For now..

Peace...

This rant was your fault Cliffy!(along with the article above)....You got me all riled up on the Artistic Expression site.http://forums.canadiancontent.net/a...artistic-expression-written-word-speak-4.html

I just didn't want to go off topic..Damn you, Cliffy .;)..

....and breath....Aaaah..Ok.... stress released....For now...

Man.. I wish I could sleep...:)

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This rant was your fault Cliffy!(along with the article above)....You got me all riled up on the Artistic Expression site.http://forums.canadiancontent.net/a...artistic-expression-written-word-speak-4.html

I just didn't want to go off topic..Damn you, Cliffy .;)..

....and breath....Aaaah..Ok.... stress released....For now...

Man.. I wish I could sleep...:)
Dude, there is no such thing as poverty in this country. This country has untapped riches that most people do not know how to utilize: wild food. It grows everywhere. Get a good book on edible wild plants, go fishing, go camping, get out of the stifling sickness called cities, out into places where there is still "crown" land. Get a good book on building simple shelters.
Your insomnia is caused by the stress and worry of poverty mentality. You need to get proactive. Sell your computer and anything else that is keeping you tied to the mindless consumer society and head for the hills.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
"TEMP"(manufacturing)Jobs are NOT Real Jobs....They are, False/Unsustainable/Unrewarding/Unhealthy/Negative to 0 economic growth, Jobs/Positions...Hence the name "TEMPORARY".

"TEMP" Jobs lead to nowhere but Poverty/Homelessness...

Solution:...Initiatives/(worker)Incentives/innovation/ingenuity(Invention)/permanent, "In" employment.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
"TEMP"(manufacturing)Jobs are NOT Real Jobs....They are, False/Unsustainable/Unrewarding/Unhealthy/Negative to 0 economic growth, Jobs/Positions...Hence the name "TEMPORARY".

"TEMP" Jobs lead to nowhere but Poverty/Homelessness...

Solution:...Initiatives/(worker)Incentives/innovation/ingenuity(Invention)/permanent, "In" employment.

I have a couple young friends (30 ish) who right now are on camp jobs in northern Alberta after leaving poor paying dead end work in BC. They are unskilled but make very good money, stay in camp and do not run out to blow money.
They will build themselves a nest egg to further their education or start a business. Both will likely succeed if only because they do not whine and call themselves "artistic" and therefore are not above utilizing the obvious, work and sacrifice. Nor did either of them cry for assistance from people who have already paid their dues, other than advice.
btw, one of them hitchhiked to Alberta with a sleeping bag, backpack, and nearly no money. Suck it up buttercup.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Not likely skookumchuck...Bin there, done that...But all the best to them anyway.Good if you like travelling, adventure, no family. Is Still Unsustainable "Temp" work...Hope it all works out for them ...If it doesn't,..would be good to know there's a safety net, that works, for ALL who NEED it..

The Light is Green; The Future Clear..Green/CleanTech is Now, it Is the Future.

.....Just Sayin'...;):)

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com

Oh ...Just re-reading last couple posts ..Seems I left out ...Investment..;):)

_________________________________________________________________________________

What Do I Really NEED/WANT(to be happy)?
Hmmm..(Basically)

Family(Son)/Cloths/Food/My Own Shelter/Friends/Laptop/Internet = Happiness.Pretty Much Sums it up.
...$1000..../...$200../$1200/..........$8400......../......?....../$800($400)/.$500. = 11,400 to $12,000 a year.

Last edited: