Policing Poverty ( Securing Homelessness )

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
What a hoot... This coming from one that expresses their expert opinion based on subjective experience and anecdotal evidence? Sorry Bar, that expression is quoted by those that do and whose work supports the efforts of those that can't.

You're choked-up because I've taken a run at your precious union or have debunked you're incorrect assertions on European healthcare. I have provided you with support for my statements and even encouraged you to find the info yourself, but in your typical internet debating style, your response is to demand 'links' and then question the validity of the link. It's predictable... Too predictable.

Go out and learn something for yourself and maybe you can talk intelligently about the issues.

No wonder our education system is in a shambles with the likes of you leading the youth down the wrong path.

Forgive me - I must have missed all of the links in your replies to my posts. Typically you are accusing me of your own failings.

The fact is that if you cannot provide any evidence whatsoever to back up your assertions then your posts are pretty much useless. For the most part your replies to any topic end up[ being the equivalent of a little boy in a school yard yelling "No it isn't." while everyone else laughs at him. As usual you are stuck with your usual tactic of last resort - unable to find any facts to support your point of view you resort to character assassination. I think you missed your calling - you would make an excellent FOX News commentator.

So far as I can see you have failed to prove a single point in this thread and unless you can come up with something new this is my last reply in this thread. But I am looking forward to raining on your right wing parade in the future.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
2/3 of the planet live in homes made of dirt. It's plentiful, it's free and it's warm in winter and cool in summer. What is a decent spade worth these days? $10?

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
If 1 disagrees/disproves 1 , and another 1 leaves ...Does that mean #1 won? ( again ). Even if it has nothing to do with the original 1?...
--------------------------
1-1-1+1= 1..?..

No one, should be left with nothing.

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Are there Too many Temp Agenies? ( Granted some are better than others )

They seem to be Popping up everywhere.Taking The Wanna Workers $$$, Offering limited stability .A Living Lifeless, Lifestyle... None seem to have any substantial Work .If they have any work to offer at all ..

Industry seems to take advantage of these agencies/Working poor ...

Unemployable/ Special needs/Temp Workers, Caught in a Cycle of Poverty? ...Destine to a Life of..Homelessness and Hunger?.

.Not in the " Step Up " Model ...( Above )..Temp agencies would be on site to assist residents in finding good sustainable jobs, that pay a living wage..

Everyone should have a place to call HOME...To Live..
Not to just Barely survive..Especially in a 1st world Country...

Last edited:

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good paying work that allows people to Live a Long and Rewarding Lifestyle is all most are looking for ..Hard to find ...More so every year ..

Good paying work will keep most out of Poverty/Prison ... Most just aren't given the chance..Get's harder and Harder every year to find Good work that pays a living wage..( Without a Top Notch Education and Families of Priveledge)

Perhaps it's time to give those who have more $$$ than they could possibly spend in 15 lifetimes, a chance to Spread the wealth a little more..( a lot more )

More Philanthropists needed..

http://giving.wordpress.com/2011/02/...0-news-2-7-11/ - Top Philanthropists Gave less in past 2 years..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_454215.html - 50 Top Philanthropists ..

Live Long and Prosper...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
It occurs to me that we as a species love bureaucracy. We build them at every turn and in one form or another, for the most part, make a living off of them. It seems the less sophisticated create them from a military stand point. Africa is full of them. Military where government doesn't manifest itself. From what you need to enter or leave a country to makeshift check points all through each country. Some nothing more than two guys in the middle of nowhere looking for a bribe.

No different than here really in the traffic cop hiding around the corner to collect a tax for coasting at half a mile an hour at a stop sign while you scan to make sure it is safe to proceed. He's just making his daily quota the same as the two guys in Chad on a lonely road.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
It occurs to me that we as a species love bureaucracy. We build them at every turn and in one form or another, for the most part, make a living off of them. It seems the less sophisticated create them from a military stand point. Africa is full of them. Military where government doesn't manifest itself. From what you need to enter or leave a country to makeshift check points all through each country. Some nothing more than two guys in the middle of nowhere looking for a bribe.

No different than here really in the traffic cop hiding around the corner to collect a tax for coasting at half a mile an hour at a stop sign while you scan to make sure it is safe to proceed. He's just making his daily quota the same as the two guys in Chad on a lonely road.

Thats is not the best analogy, a traffic cop tax is delivered only to traffic violators.if you dont like speeding tickets then dont speed.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
There's a law for everything ..
If a cop wants to charge you ..He/She can find something ...
Best to nod and say .. Yes sir/Mam...( till they leave ;):)) ...
Then bring the charge to court, if you still feel it is ..." Unjust" ...
Good Luck...

We live more in a Legal system, than a Justice system ...

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
There's a law for everything ..
If a cop wants to charge you ..He/She can find something ...
Best to nod and say .. Yes sir/Mam...( till they leave ;):)) ...
Then bring the charge to court, if you still feel it is ..." Unjust" ...
Good Luck...

We live more in a Legal system, than a Justice system ...

Record them and upload it to you tube. The media gets more action than those charged with guarding our freedoms from abuse from within.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf
Why don't they have a home? Spend too much time looking for places to rent at the pub? Bag of weed shorting them on damage deposit? Too good to live in a bachelor pad until they can find something bigger? Too good to walk or car pool to work? Apparently they haven't made enough sacrifices to find a home.

My cousin used to spout crap like that while he sat on his ass on the very successful farm he inherited from his dad.

Very easy to be above it all when you're healthy, gainfully employed, and the wolf isn't at your door.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
fat cat
n. Slang 1. A wealthy and highly privileged person.
2. A wealthy person who is a heavy contributor to a political campaign

More and More become Poor, As Fat Cats Sit on their asses, in their extravagant Offices, in Meetings, eating up, Ever More , Scheming up ways, to shovel in, ever More.
Ignoring the calls from their Own, to come home.Join the Family/Friends for supper, in their luxurious houses, far too large, to ever be used.Most rooms sit empty.Possessions hold no life.

But there, still in the office , He/She sits alone, on the phone, with other like minded phoneys.Playing and Gaming each other, to gain off the other, that which is far too often, not even their own .

They are addicted.They have been blinded, inflicted by Greed, the insatiable appetite for Ever More $Green$.
They have more than most could spend in 15 lifetimes, Few Even More..An Addiction to a game ," The game "that only seems to end in Crashs, negative Gains..

When will they learn ?

Even the Rich can be poor ...Sure they have the $$ ...But Physically/Mentally due to their Addictions to Ever More..Most will end up ..Alone .indebted..With nothing that they can actually call their Own ....

At some point in their lives, more than not will feel the hunger pains of poverty.Poverty doesn't discriminate..
Comes in many different Forms ...

Unfortunately, Poverty mostly Preys on the Mentally/Physically challenged, and those with Addictions(Crime lurks close behind) ..
It is time the extravagantly Rich,The Fattest of the Fat Cats, put their money where their mouth is, and better assist in helping these Families Regain/Find a more Acceptable/Comfortable/Affordable Future..

May we keep our Friends and Family, Happy/Healthy/Safe.May they Live Long and Prosper, Now and Forever Forward into the Future...
All together ..As 1

Peace....

Last edited:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
R U Serious Captain Morgan ..? .With all due Respect. I thought you could read ...
Do you have any further solutions you might want to add ?.
Gotta Plan .?
.If so " STEP UP "

Do you have any solutions? I live in Toronto and many of the homeless people I see are totally incapable of living on their own or holding a job for that matter, they're mentally ill for the most part. On my way to work this morning, I saw a black gent skipping across University Ave, wearing only jogging pants, singing broadway tunes... yup, he's ready to manage his life.