Parents Sue School After Student Shocked In Class

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
"- The family of a Dover high schooler shocked during his electrical class is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.The parents of Kyle Dubois claim in the lawsuit that he suffered permanent brain damage and some memory loss after he put alligator clips to his chest and was jolted.The lawsuit claims that Thomas Kelley was negligent, failed to understand the danger the electrical cords posed and didn't adequately supervise the students while under his care.

Parents Sue School After Student Shocked In Class - News Archive Story - WMUR Manchester

Personally i went to this school and i had this teacher, and i can say without a doubt he would never ever do this. The student 18 now was 17 at the time does not know the danger of electrical?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"- The family of a Dover high schooler shocked during his electrical class is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.The parents of Kyle Dubois claim in the lawsuit that he suffered permanent brain damage and some memory loss after he put alligator clips to his chest and was jolted.The lawsuit claims that Thomas Kelley was negligent, failed to understand the danger the electrical cords posed and didn't adequately supervise the students while under his care.

Parents Sue School After Student Shocked In Class - News Archive Story - WMUR Manchester

Personally i went to this school and i had this teacher, and i can say without a doubt he would never ever do this. The student 18 now was 17 at the time does not know the danger of electrical?

Somebody is lying. :lol::lol::lol:

CUBert

Time Out
Aug 15, 2010
Canada
"I was talking about my fantasy baseball team with one student, and then the next thing I know, there was a commotion," Kelley said. "I heard, you know, an 'Ouch!' and I look, and there's Kyle going to the ground."

:lol::lol:

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
The kid decided to electrocute himself in class. If he's that stupid, you can't blame the teacher.

Oh yea many who comment in nh has stated that... well he already had brain damage before the shock. Here another interstring fact after kyle was getting beter out of hospital and talk to the cops and told them it was NOT KELLY FAULT.

That is one of the problems these days, too much of this sh*t goes on.
Yup there is another family suing sea world cause there 10 year saw someone die... on the whale kill. 8O8O

The student suffered "brain damage?" That must have been rather minor.

that going to be a difficult argument

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The world is sure changing. Alligator clips on his chest?

Way back when I was in a High School Electronics class, this was how we ended
every class. The Teacher had a hand-crank-generator form an old-old telephone....

We'd all link hands (including the Teacher) and the people on the ends would each
put a hand on one of the terminals on that generator. Someone would start to crank
it slowly....and the class was the closed circuit...and the electricity would start to
flow through us.

The cranking would slowly get faster & faster, increasing the charge....until someone
would let go....breaking the circuit. Then we'd all laugh, & maybe do it again, & then
head off to our next class. By the end of the year, we could all handle quit the charge,
as nobody wanted to be "that guy" who was the first to let go. Nobody sued anyone.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

every class. The Teacher had a hand-crank-generator form an old-old telephone....

We'd all link hands (including the Teacher) and the people on the ends would each
put a hand on one of the terminals on that generator. Someone would start to crank
it slowly....and the class was the closed circuit...and the electricity would start to
flow through us.

The cranking would slowly get faster & faster, increasing the charge....until someone
would let go....breaking the circuit. Then we'd all laugh, & maybe do it again, & then
head off to our next class. By the end of the year, we could all handle quit the charge,
as nobody wanted to be "that guy" who was the first to let go. Nobody sued anyone.

Yeah, but people were sane in those days.:lol::lol::lol:

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire

flow through us.

Man you make it sound like your older than sand. :banghead:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There is a whole bunch of info lacking in the article. Like the voltage and amperage involved. Sounds like the brain damage occurred long before high school.

critter171

Hey all from the USA
Feb 24, 2010
Usa, New hampshire
There is a whole bunch of info lacking in the article. Like the voltage and amperage involved. Sounds like the brain damage occurred long before high school.

they were trying to figure that out before i am sure its in another news forum but i don't feel like looking for it. i agree the brain damage is a long history.

Sounds to me like it's a family trait...

can likey agree with this.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I can only hope that the suit gets thrown out, as it sure seems to be without merit to me.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The article says it was plugged into an outlet.....most are 110 AC....
Only someone already brain damaged would do that

and it seems to me that protected circuits are only protected from going to ground not from black to white with you in between;-)