Palin in 2012

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Of course...definitions and facts mean very little to moonbats.

Definitions change, words evolve. Even if moonbat was designed to insult the left, I don’t see anything wrong in using it for the right wing extremists.

Is your name Joseph?

Sure it is, for this forum. So what is your point?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Once again, she is not part of the government (that is Obama and his cabinet) and she was not elected by American people (only by a vary small number of people, in California). Again, that is the kind of nonsense that extreme right wing websites would publish (probably that is where you read it).

Tell me something. When Clinton was the President, and Gingrich was the Speaker of the House, was Gingrich part of the government?

I love your self-serving definitions of government.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I love your self-serving definitions of government.

That is the definition of government. In Canada, government is Prime Minister and his cabinet, not the Parliament. Parliament can only pass the laws, it is not responsible for the implementation.

Same in USA. Congress can only make the laws, Congress cannot implement them. President and his cabinet are the ones responsible for implementing the laws, for seeing that they are properly applied, bring the miscreants to justice etc.

While in USA the three branches of ‘government’, Executive, Legislative and Judicial are considered coequal, their functions are totally separate. Day to day governing is done by President and his cabinet, not by the Congress. Job of the Congress and Supreme Court is not to govern, but to pass and interpret the laws.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Of course...definitions and facts mean very little to moonbats.

Definitions change, words evolve. Even if moonbat was designed to insult the left, I don’t see anything wrong in using it for the right wing extremists.

In other words you are incapable of thinking for yourself.

Is your name Joseph?
Sure it is, for this forum. So what is your point?

No it isn't.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That is the definition of government. In Canada, government is Prime Minister and his cabinet, not the Parliament. Parliament can only pass the laws, it is not responsible for the implementation.

Same in USA. Congress can only make the laws, Congress cannot implement them. President and his cabinet are the ones responsible for implementing the laws, for seeing that they are properly applied, bring the miscreants to justice etc.

While in USA the three branches of ‘government’, Executive, Legislative and Judicial are considered coequal, their functions are totally separate. Day to day governing is done by President and his cabinet, not by the Congress. Job of the Congress and Supreme Court is not to govern, but to pass and interpret the laws.

You really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You claim that Congress is not part of government, but then point out that there are 3 branches of government, Congress being one of them.

Which one of your personalities writes each paragraph?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Once again, she is not part of the government (that is Obama and his cabinet) and she was not elected by American people (only by a vary small number of people, in California). Again, that is the kind of nonsense that extreme right wing websites would publish (probably that is where you read it).

The sad part is that you believe this.

Tell me something. When Clinton was the President, and Gingrich was the Speaker of the House, was Gingrich part of the government?

Umm...yes.

Is anyone really home? For real...is anyone really home up there?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
In other words you are incapable of thinking for yourself.

Incapable of thinking for myself? If anything, it is the other way around, EagleSmack. If as you claim that moonbat is used for left wingers and I use it for right wingers as well, to me that shows a clear ability of thinking for myself.

If anything, you show the capacity of not thinking for yourself, when you claim that since ‘moonbat’ was applied to left wingers in the first instance, that it cannot be applied to right wingers. I don’t see why not.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
You really don't have a clue what you are talking about.

You claim that Congress is not part of government, but then point out that there are 3 branches of government, Congress being one of them.

Sure I do. There may be three branches of government in the general sense, but when it comes to day to day governing, it is only one branch which does that, and that is the executive branch.

Implementation of the laws, to make sure that they are enforced properly, to see that money is spent properly and in the way that is mandated by the law, to apprehend the miscreants, all the functions which relate to day to day governing are carried out by the Executive branch.

In my opinion, it is highly misleading to call Pelosi or Roberts as part of the government.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Is anyone really home? For real...is anyone really home up there?

Several people seem to be, all of whom have different interpretations of the same words. I think they take turns writing his paragraphs, or even possily sentence-by-sentence.

It's quite entertaining if you realize this must be the case.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Sure I do. There may be three branches of government in the general sense, but when it comes to day to day governing, it is only one branch which does that, and that is the executive branch.

You are pathetic.
Do these sentences ring a bell?
RandomPersonality No 7 said:
Once again, she is not part of the government (that is Obama and his cabinet)
RandomPersonality No 64 said:
While in USA the three branches of ‘government’, Executive, Legislative and Judicial are considered coequal...

You didn't qualify your contention that Pelosi was part of a particular BRANCH of government, you claimed simply, and totally, that she was not part of the government.

That is absolutely wrong, you know it, and you are pathetic.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Let us just agree to disagree on this, TenPenny. I stand by what I said, an d I don’t think we can come to any resolution.

I don't know why you'd say that, because you said, as plain as day, that she isn't part of government...and followed that up with a statement that said the legislative branch was part of government. Is it, or isn't it?

It's not something we need to come to a resolution on - it's something you have to decide which 'truth' you meant to say. One or the other.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Look at it this way, Mr. Penny, if he argues both sides of the issue then he can always be right. Right? And if you provide evidence against the righteousness, you're a right-wong religious nut.
But anyway, I take it people aren't talking about Michael Palin, of whom I supplied a nice pic. :D
People are speaking of Sarah (I am against the Bridge to Nowhere, after I was for it and saw it built) Palin.