Palin in 2012

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I like your logic.

You claim she was a threat, and anyone who disagrees with you is simply proof that the evil democrats destroyed her.

Can't argue with that.

Well I am just looking at what happened. When she came out of the gate she reenergized a dull McCain campaign.

The left wingers and their media allies couldn't let that happen to the Chosen One.

Job well done I'd say.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I just do not think she is a viable candidate. They worked her over good because they had to. She was a huge threat and I have to say the moon bats on the left did a spectacular job in destroying her.

Not moonbats on the left, EagelSmack, it is the moonbats of the right who destroyed her. There was no way moonbats from the left could destroy her, their criticism was expected and I am sure everybody took their criticism with a huge pinch of salt.

What was not expected was the childlike faith displayed by her followers. In their eyes she could do no wrong. Even after the horrible interviews with Couric (which really sealed her faith), moonbats on the right blamed Couric for the nutty answers given by Palin.

As a result she did not grow as a candidate, as a politician. She remained the same hick, the same hillbilly she was the day McCain picked her and she remains so even today.

Nobody blamed her for being a novice, a rank amateur when she was picked. In fact, there was plenty of goodwill towards her, moonbats on the right used to describe her (with some justification) as the most popular female politician in USA.

It is her refusal to grow as a person, as a politician, refusal by moonbats on the right to criticize her, that led to her downfall.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Well I am just looking at what happened. When she came out of the gate she reenergized a dull McCain campaign.

Much of that energy was because she was so, well, as we say in Alaska, so damn laughable. In the winter time it's the frozen road that is competing with the view of ice fogged frigid beauty, the cold though, doesn't it split the Cheechakos from the Sourdoughs? And then in the summertime such extreme summertime about a hundred and fifty degrees hotter than just some months ago, than just some months from now, with fireweed blooming along the frost heaves and merciless rivers that are rushing and carving and reminding us that here, Mother Nature wins. It is as throughout all Alaska that big wild good life teeming along the road that is north to the future.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

The left wingers and their media allies couldn't let that happen to the Chosen One.

Job well done I'd say.

That was because she had just stepped out of a refrigerator, nobody had ever heard of her and she isn't too hard on the eyes. As soon as she opened here mouth any one to the left of Rush Limbaugh knew that she is dumber than junior.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Well there is a black man as President, why not a woman. The thing is, the black man is competent to serve as President. The woman in question, not so much. I don't think she'll make the cut so no worries. I hope. :roll:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
the republicans aren't that stupid.

Republicans are not but Republican base may very well be. Republican base belongs to the far right and has a lot to say about who gets the nomination. I think McCain was the first candidate in a long time to win the nomination without significant support from the base.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I just do not think she is a viable candidate. They worked her over good because they had to. She was a huge threat and I have to say the moon bats on the left did a spectacular job in destroying her.

I don't really think so either, they may just put her out there so the Left Wing moon bats can focus again on her again. There will be nowhere near the turn out, and usually Republicans & Center Right Democrats turn out at these in-between elections. Not important enough for the youngsters.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Here ya go, what the real Republican Party is made up of. No question about their stand on topics, everything right out in the open for those who look.

"The Grand Old Party, also known as the GOP or the Republican Party, is a conservative or Center-Right political party in the United States. It is currently the second largest party by registration, behind the Democratic Party."

http://www.politicalbase.com/groups/republican/429/

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Poll: Palin More Popular Than Pelosi Among Voters

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:28 PM

By: Steven Thomma, McClatchy Newspapers javascript:setActiveStyleSheet('default'); javascript:setActiveStyleSheet('largeFont');
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is more popular than House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, according to a new bipartisan poll released Wednesday.

The Battleground Poll conducted for George Washington University found 42 percent of likely voters have a favorable opinion of Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee who stepped down last week as governor of Alaska. The survey found 47 percent had an unfavorable opinion of Palin.

While Palin trailed both President Barack Obama (61 favorable/36 unfavorable) and Vice President Joe Biden (48/38) she easily outpolled Pelosi, the highest ranking elected woman in the country.

The survey found 32 percent of likely voters had a favorable impression of Pelosi, a Democrat from San Francisco, and 51 percent had an unfavorable impression.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., trailed them all in personal popularity, with 15 percent holding a favorable impression and 31 percent having an unfavorable impression.
© 2009 McClatchy-Tribune News Service.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Fouty-two percent of likely voters have favourable opinion of Palin. If she was worked on and had a decent hair doo that could be driven up to fifty-two percent and she could actually run for president.Only in one country on earth could this be remotely conceivable. Although electing complete scumbags is not rare in the USofA the election Palin to high national office would eclipse, by far, any previous lapse of taste and brains hitherto exihited by the stunned American electorate. God, please destroy them and save the planet. thankyou amen

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Ironsides, that is a nonsense comparison, you are comparing apples with oranges. Pelosi is not running for a national office, her popularity is meaningless. As long as she is popular in her constituency and Democrats have a majority in the House, she will remain the Speaker, no matter how unpopular she is.

Do you remember how unpopular Gingrich was? That did not stop him from remaining as the Speaker. He resigned only after his having sex with his intern (the same crime for which he condemned Clinton in a mealy mouthed manner) was exposed.

So Pelosi’s popularity is meaningless. Palin’s popularity would also be meaningless, if she did not run for national office. But since she apparently is going to, her popularity is important, Pelosi’s popularity is not.

The comparison is nonsense. If Pelosi had any national ambitions, her popularity will be relevant, but there is no indication of that.