Ottawa police make 7 arrests and tow 24 vehicles during Rolling Thunder bike rally weekend

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
All of this information is readily available for anyone with an internet connection and a genuine interest in actually knowing what they are talking about. Why would you trust me to do your homework for you ?
You are not even doing your own homework. Just faithfully regurgitating the CBC line.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There is certainly no shortage of those streams, is there reason to believe that their coverage is any more objective than the larger sources ? I have heard repeated mention on how things got a little ugly on Rideau Street last night when a small convoy of vehicles made their way into an area they shouldn't have been and then got heated when asked to leave. Funny how that isn't making it on to YouTube, or am I just to assume it's fake news and didn't happen.
Yet another illegal move by Ottawa police.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Dave, the spokesperson behind Live from the Shed, said those who committed the vandalism is directly responsible, but he also blamed governments. “Governments have created an environment of hate and division where certain people are being categorized by our government, by our mainstream media, as dangerous,” he said in the video.

“It’s not like it’s directly the government’s fault, but they’ve created this climate where it’s OK to hate certain types of people. It’s OK to discriminate against certain types of people. When our government is saying that these people are chauvinists, that they’re racists, it creates justification for this kind of thing.”

The only hate-motivated crime reported during the “Rolling Thunder” weekend was against the bikers, he said.

I firmly believe that this is exactly what has happened and because we're so busy living and not paying attention, we are where we are. People who trust the government that represents them completely, a government that consistently lies to their constituents will be dismayed when the "crap" finally hits the fan.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Dave, the spokesperson behind Live from the Shed, said those who committed the vandalism is directly responsible, but he also blamed governments. “Governments have created an environment of hate and division where certain people are being categorized by our government, by our mainstream media, as dangerous,” he said in the video.

“It’s not like it’s directly the government’s fault, but they’ve created this climate where it’s OK to hate certain types of people. It’s OK to discriminate against certain types of people. When our government is saying that these people are chauvinists, that they’re racists, it creates justification for this kind of thing.”

The only hate-motivated crime reported during the “Rolling Thunder” weekend was against the bikers, he said.

I firmly believe that this is exactly what has happened and because we're so busy living and not paying attention, we are where we are. People who trust the government that represents them completely, a government that consistently lies to their constituents will be dismayed when the "crap" finally hits the fan.
Unfortunately most of them will be oblivious to how the government is manipulating them until it is too late. 1984 should be mandatory reading in hi school.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
….On that note, where Geographically should Canada’s Capital & Centre (or Center) of Government be located? Looking at a map of Canada, I’m guessing Winnipeg would fill that roll geographically and is still a Capital City of a province so would already have the beginning of the infrastructure needed for a national capital city.
View attachment 13557
Winnipeg would be closer to being the centre of the nation for ALL Canadians as opposed to just “Central Canada”, & perhaps even more inviting for ALL Canadians as opposed to just the select chosen ones currently approved to go there….as it sounds like many recently are told to leave Ottawa and never come back because of their beliefs, etc….
…& it might be argued that thunder bay is more central geographically too…. But Winnipeg would already have some of the infrastructure needed to make it the capital of the nation, and perhaps even a capital city open to all Canadians.
Well, if you want the true centre of the universe ... it should be Toronto. :)

I think not being a provincial capital would actually be a good thing as it would remove conflict of interest. I think that was one of the reasons Ottawa was chosen over Toronto….
Geographically…relocate the national capital to what’s now Geographically central to all Canadians & not just Central Canada…
If you look at the "center" of Canada in terms of population, the point where as many people live to the west as live to the east, the center of the country is going to somewhere on the western fringes of the Greater Toronto Area.
Geographically relocating the national capital to where its centrally located to all Canadians….geographically….maybe I should have mentioned geographically above as opposed to being vague.

This isn’t 1867 or whatever, & the center of Canada isn’t geographically between Toronto and Montreal, & Ottawa as a capital is only open to some Canadians and not all apparently during this current NDP/Liberal divisive reign….. so if it’s going to be relocated it might as well be relocated geographically to where it is relatively equidistant from all coasts, making it more accessible to ALL Canadians & not just “Central” Canadians…

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Geographically…relocate the national capital to what’s now Geographically central to all Canadians & not just Central Canada…

Geographically relocating the national capital to where its centrally located to all Canadians….geographically….maybe I should have mentioned geographically above as opposed to being vague.

This isn’t 1867 or whatever, & the center of Canada isn’t geographically between Toronto and Montreal, & Ottawa as a capital is only open to some Canadians and not all apparently during this current NDP/Liberal divisive reign….. so if it’s going to be relocated it might as well be relocated geographically to where it is relatively equidistant from all coasts, making it more accessible to ALL Canadians & not just “Central” Canadians…
FlinFlon sounds acceptable .

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
It seems to me that the prior demonstrations, yes the ones that Trudeau knelt down at, set a precident. Why should those people be allowed to carry on the way they did, yet the truckers protesters were dealt with the way they were?

Can't have it both ways.

With dictator Trudeau, he wants everything his way. Don't want to go his way? Then you must pay for your cheekiness. He will pull an emergency act on you. He is like a kid in the candy shop that cries like a toddler when his mother tells him that he can't have all the candy in the store. What a dork. LOL.

Reactions: taxslave

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Queen Victoria chose Ottawa because it was centrally located between the cities of Montreal and Toronto, and was along the border of Ontario and Quebec (the centre of Canada at the time). It was also far from the American border, making it safer from attacks.

It’s arguable now that it is no longer the centre (or center) of Canada and no longer the capital for all Canadians, but only for those approved by the NDP/Liberal Party.

On that note, where Geographically should Canada’s Capital & Centre (or Center) of Government be located? Looking at a map of Canada, I’m guessing Winnipeg would fill that roll geographically and is still a Capital City of a province so would already have the beginning of the infrastructure needed for a national capital city.
View attachment 13557
Winnipeg would be closer to being the centre of the nation for ALL Canadians as opposed to just “Central Canada”, & perhaps even more inviting for ALL Canadians as opposed to just the select chosen ones currently approved to go there….as it sounds like many recently are told to leave Ottawa and never come back because of their beliefs, etc….

Good luck if one thinks that Quebec would ever go along with that idea. Then with the capital of Canada being in Winnipeg would mean that Quebec would not be in full control of English Canada anymore. And I do not think or believe that Ontario would go for that idea either. For now, Ottawa will remain the capital of eastern Canada for awhile longer yet or until the west finally separates if it ever succeeds in trying to separate from Eastern Canada at all. :unsure:

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
FlinFlon sounds acceptable .
Yep, but if the capital does come up as needing to be transplanted to become actually centrally located geographically and someplace all Canadians can go to without the “You’re banned from Ottawa” type shit….& the current government gets a say, the capital of Canada will be Tofino according to my Girlfriend.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Looks like another victory for fair speech.

Thanks the deities this country was built on fair speech.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yep, but if the capital does come up as needing to be transplanted to become actually centrally located geographically and someplace all Canadians can go to without the “You’re banned from Ottawa” type shit….& the current government gets a say, the capital of Canada will be Tofino according to my Girlfriend.
Or Whistler . Smart girl keep her around .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Fair speech is the proper balance that allows free speech without significant harm to others.

It's what we eventually accomplished after the trucker invasion and what perpared us for the biker cult.
That’s your own definition & twist on reality. The notion of fair speech expands the idea of ‘free speech’ to incorporate the concept of justice. Indeed, in a context of media concentration, dominant powers (whether political, economic, religious, ideological, etc.) are the most represented and heard (because they are powerful or loud). Fair speech fosters speech equity for other voices that are often marginalised and/or censored to be heard. Fair speech therefore promotes an equitable access to expression (for example for women, historically marginalised groups, etc.), enabling an authentic diversity of voices.

Fair Speech is exactly the opposite of of who was promoted by the Jagmeet/Justin non-coalition coalition three months ago to that Trucker Convoy thing or three days ago to that Biker Rally. The NDP/Liberals didn’t encourage a voice to a marginalized group, But stepped on it proactively well in advance to Malign and silence it. Wow….