Ottawa police make 7 arrests and tow 24 vehicles during Rolling Thunder bike rally weekend

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Certainly a matter of perspective there. The protesters showed zero respect for authority in any form, and there is indication that some of those same provocateurs are in attendance this weekend.
Yes I saw masks , truncheons , helmets , Kevlar vests and shields . Only on the police . No helmets , masks , rocks , bricks , shields on the peaceful side .

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The mayor of Ottawa declared a state of emergency on February 6th. That effectively criminalized disruptive acts like blocking roads and border crossings.
Which roads were blocked , and who blocked them ? Which border crossing is in Ottawa ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Certainly a matter of perspective there. The protesters showed zero respect for authority in any form, and there is indication that some of those same provocateurs are in attendance this weekend.
Really did you watch the protest and see the interaction between police and protesters ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All of this information is readily available for anyone with an internet connection and a genuine interest in actually knowing what they are talking about. Why would you trust me to do your homework for you ?
you made the claim . the only court to call the protest illegal and order its removal was the PMO and perhaps the mayor of Ottawant .Last I looked neither is on the bench .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All of this information is readily available for anyone with an internet connection and a genuine interest in actually knowing what they are talking about. Why would you trust me to do your homework for you ?
I can say the same to you when you continually misrepresent the convoy and it’s participants .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
you made the claim . the only court to call the protest illegal and order its removal was the PMO and perhaps the mayor of Ottawant .Last I looked neither is on the bench .
Simple enough, delete "court" and insert "legal authority" if the semantics are that important to you.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So any opinion that doesn't march in lockstep with yours is misrepresentation ?
Lots of live streaming of the motor cycles in Ottawant right now , or you can wait for the legacy media to tell you what to believe to night at six .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Lots of live streaming of the motor cycles in Ottawant right now , or you can wait for the legacy media to tell you what to believe to night at six .
There is certainly no shortage of those streams, is there reason to believe that their coverage is any more objective than the larger sources ? I have heard repeated mention on how things got a little ugly on Rideau Street last night when a small convoy of vehicles made their way into an area they shouldn't have been and then got heated when asked to leave. Funny how that isn't making it on to YouTube, or am I just to assume it's fake news and didn't happen.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There is certainly no shortage of those streams, is there reason to believe that their coverage is any more objective than the larger sources ? I have heard repeated mention on how things got a little ugly on Rideau Street last night when a small convoy of vehicles made their way into an area they shouldn't have been and then got heated when asked to leave. Funny how that isn't making it on to YouTube, or am I just to assume it's fake news and didn't happen.
I am sure that someone must have filmed it , what with everyone having a camera in their phones .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I am sure that someone must have filmed it , what with everyone having a camera in their phones .
….with law enforcement having body cams & crown ID footage, media (and unauthorized government leaks to media), CCTV & Traffic Cams, & counter-Protesters Who would be itching to get this up in a heartbeat if it’s happening….

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
….with law enforcement having body cams & crown ID footage, media (and unauthorized government leaks to media), CCTV & Traffic Cams, & counter-Protesters Who would be itching to get this up in a heartbeat if it’s happening….

Much as you could say "the proof is in the people who were there!" that's not true either.

Look at the uproar that happened over the woman supposedly "Trampled by police horses" when really she shoved herself out in the way of the horses, was pushed aside by a shoulder, fell over and another horse tripped and tried to avoid stepping on her.

Video is great, but it's still interpretation of the viewer sometimes.

So like anything else, either MSM, "Fake News", CCTV, Traffic Cams or body cams, if it can be spun to be a certain narrative, someone will spin, baby, spin.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, Ottawa is Our Nation’s Capital, and the welcoming precedence is being set…so let’s hope this will be consistent going forward for every rally, protest, convoy, gathering, parade, etc…consistently applied Regardless of whether a gathering is NDP/Liberal Approved & sufficiently Woke or not…
1651381604971.jpeg

• Haha

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Improper parking and smoking. Oh my God! How will people of Ottawa survive?
Yep, it's called "broken windows" policing. Don't know about up there, but down hereabouts conservatives love it. They claim without evidence that if you harshly enforce every little bullshit technical violation, you create an environment where big crimes don't happen.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
The parking tickets should come as no surprise, one of the focal points of law enforcement this weekend was to forestall any possibility of another occupation and they made it plain from the onset that there would be plenty of "no stopping" areas. Apparently the handful of arrests on Friday night came from a gathering of vehicles within a restricted zone who wouldn't move on when instructed to do so by police.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yep, it's called "broken windows" policing. Don't know about up there, but down hereabouts conservatives love it. They claim without evidence that if you harshly enforce every little bullshit technical violation, you create an environment where big crimes don't happen.
Certainly more effective than the kiss and release policing woke cities are enforcing here.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The parking tickets should come as no surprise, one of the focal points of law enforcement this weekend was to forestall any possibility of another occupation and they made it plain from the onset that there would be plenty of "no stopping" areas. Apparently the handful of arrests on Friday night came from a gathering of vehicles within a restricted zone who wouldn't move on when instructed to do so by police.
That's the beauty of making everything illegal. Once you've done that, you can use selective enforcement to make allegedly neutral criminal and public-safety laws into political weapons.