Ontario's new lockdown measures will be like nothing we've seen before

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Skyrocketing COVID cases are a factor, but the rising death count, hospitalizations and ICU admissions are more concerning
Brian Lilley
Jan 09, 2021 • Last Updated 8 hours ago • 3 minute read
Ontario Associate Medical Officer of Health Dr. Barbara Jaffe walks to the podium to speak after Premier Doug Ford at a daily briefing at Queen’s Park in Toronto on Friday, Jan. 8, 2021. Photo by Frank Gunn /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Shutting down construction sites, closing manufacturing plants and possibly imposing a curfew are all options being discussed at the highest level of the Ontario government this weekend.
An announcement and new modelling was expected on Monday morning, but that has been pushed back until at least Tuesday at this point.
Cabinet members, government officials and medical advisors spent the weekend going over available data and possible options, but a final decision had not been made on Saturday.
Prior to Christmas, Premier Doug Ford ruled out imposing a curfew, but he now says all options are on the table. While he isn’t fond of the idea, it is being debated as to whether the measure would have any impact because there are opposing views within the medical community.
If manufacturing is ordered to close, the order will not be a blanket one. Food processing and some supply chain operations — possibly auto parts and assembly — would be allowed to remain open. And construction sites, which fared well in the pandemic’s first wave, have seen a number of outbreaks in recent weeks. So part of the debate is how much of the construction could be shut down.
New home construction could be especially problematic given that people are expecting to move into homes on a specific date and closing the entire industry could leave some with no place to live.
In conversation with those familiar with the data shaping the modelling that will be presented to cabinet, the picture is bleak.
This is about more than rising case counts, though that is a factor, this is about rising death counts, hospitalizations and ICU admissions. As of Saturday morning, 23% of ICU beds across the province were taken up by COVID-19 patients, in some areas it was 40% or more.
There are roughly 1,700 ICU beds and 400 of them are taken up by COVID patients. We can’t simply add more. There is specialized equipment to buy, specialized staff that are in short supply.
Those going over the data say it is not only about where the province is now but where we will be in two to three weeks. They believe the current lockdown measures have worked but not to the extent they hoped.
They also are concerned about where the new British variant of COVID will take us. The British variant spreads 56% faster than what we’ve been dealing with, meaning more cases, which inevitably leads to more hospitalizations, more ICU admissions, more deaths.
As for school children, there were 85 children between the ages of four and eight who tested positive on Jan. 8. A month earlier that number was at 41. The increase in school-age children started to rise in line with the increase in community spread and has now taken off.
There are many people opposed to the current lockdown and who bristle at the thought of tougher measures. If you are opposed to lockdowns, you’ve lost the argument with the public, with the political leaders and within the scientific community in Ontario.
In a Maru/BLUE poll released Friday, Ontario residents were more supportive of increased restrictions than other parts of the country.
When asked to agree or disagree with a series of proposed measures, 70% in Ontario said they supported a rule that would say, “People can only leave home for essential reasons such as grocery shopping, getting medications, and being vaccinated.”
Support for closing all restaurants was at 85%, all houses of worship 83%, all but essential offices 80%, and closing schools had 70% support.
Only half of Ontario residents support the idea of a curfew, but 59% back the closing of ski hills and 58% support rules requiring masks everywhere outside of the home “even outdoors when walking.”
I don’t know which of these measures not already in force will be brought into play by the Ford government, but whatever is done, it is likely to have strong public support.
As the old saying goes, the public gets what the public wants and this coming week they will get more lockdown measures for good or for bad.
blilley@postmedia.com

• Sad
Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
All based on a test that cant even be used as a test...welcome to effin tyranny folks.

Wow, when people can't tell the difference between dying with and dying from, you know you are dealing with the genocidally stupid.

...and all while massa takes his sunny southern vacation.

PS
"In conversation with those familiar with the data shaping the MODELLING that will be presented to cabinet, the picture is bleak."

"Five years ago, (By THE WASHINGTON TIMES - - Monday, December 16, 2013) Al Gore predicted the North Pole’s ice cap would become a fond memory, a casualty of the raging inferno of global warming. The “entire North Polar ice cap will be gone in five years,” he solemnly told a German TV audience".

FFS.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What is worse is that we have had only one covid case here in Kapuskasing since this all started, but when I went to canadian tire this morning the store was only open for curb side pickup, the same as Toronto, making the whole province pay for Toronto's mistakes........

• Sad
Reactions: petros and Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What is worse is that we have had only one covid case here in Kapuskasing since this all started, but when I went to canadian tire this morning the store was only open for curb side pickup, the same as Toronto, making the whole province pay for Toronto's mistakes........
Not spending money at amazon.ca causes covid doncha know?

Reactions: petros

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I know its bad in the GTA, , Peel etc but I am over 100 miles northwest. Very few cases here, no deaths. Even in Toronto area most of the deaths are in old folks residences. That is where the emphasis should be put in my opinion. The old folks homes up here don't seem to have a problem.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
It will be interesting.

I have to get tested this week.
Study hard!!!
:)
in case your nurse is cute and single!

PCR Test Threshold for COVID-19 Positivity Is Too Sensitive​

Any test with a cycle threshold (CT) above 35 is too sensitive, says Juliet Morrison, PhD, a virologist at the University of California, Riverside. “I’m shocked that people would think that 40 [cycles] could represent a positive.”...

...The CDC’s own calculations suggest that it is extremely difficult to detect any live virus in a sample above a threshold of 33 cycles.

• Haha
Reactions: TheShadow

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Now, they have your DNA you may get cloned HaHa.
;)
imagine that: little shadows everywhere!

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Now, they have your DNA you may get cloned HaHa.
;)
imagine that: little shadows everywhere!
OMG!
That would be awesome!
One to go to work for me, one to do my taxes, one to mow my lawn and another to rake leaves. Also one to shovel snow or work the snow blower, and maybe one to vacuum the house. Oh I'll take a few to have a work out crew too because it's always good to have spotters and someone to help motivate you.

LOL!

I've been scraped a few times. I expect the clones to be here soon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hey, if you produced 10,000-11,000 tonnes of food per year with your main competitor many being the Government of Canada would you trust an eco-moonbat at the helm of your Nation?

I know that within the next 7 years I'll be running autonomous systems from a 5th wheeler down by the river (which will flood this year and thank God I still have 95% deet Muskol) while I fish for slimers but can I afford not to lease from the Govt?

Like a good neighbour, State farm isnt there.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well, the Chinese definition of value for the last 5000 years is: " useful AND portable!"

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
CPP going "democratic" has been the driver of real estate skyrocketing in Canada. I saw it and seized on the opportunity without knowing.

"Conspiracy" was it was fascist China seeking "Rebenslaum" but in reality it was Stevil Harper blocking China from buying square miles of the most fertile on Earth for $180K a pop and ramping up the value of land.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Oh, we in Canada are the money laundering capital of the Haha, "FREE" world!
:)
But certainly, land and buildings have sure been driven to the moon around here, that's for sure. The question is, when to pull profit off the table and where the FK to put it to catch the next bubble.

It pays me to rent my very cheap apt in town (I signed a lease back in the day before the rush) while renting out my houses at the current rent, that's for sure..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Skyrocketing COVID cases are a factor, but the rising death count, hospitalizations and ICU admissions are more concerning
Brian Lilley
Jan 09, 2021 • Last Updated 8 hours ago • 3 minute read
Ontario Associate Medical Officer of Health Dr. Barbara Jaffe walks to the podium to speak after Premier Doug Ford at a daily briefing at Queen’s Park in Toronto on Friday, Jan. 8, 2021. Photo by Frank Gunn /THE CANADIAN PRESS
Shutting down construction sites, closing manufacturing plants and possibly imposing a curfew are all options being discussed at the highest level of the Ontario government this weekend.
An announcement and new modelling was expected on Monday morning, but that has been pushed back until at least Tuesday at this point.
Cabinet members, government officials and medical advisors spent the weekend going over available data and possible options, but a final decision had not been made on Saturday.
Prior to Christmas, Premier Doug Ford ruled out imposing a curfew, but he now says all options are on the table. While he isn’t fond of the idea, it is being debated as to whether the measure would have any impact because there are opposing views within the medical community.
If manufacturing is ordered to close, the order will not be a blanket one. Food processing and some supply chain operations — possibly auto parts and assembly — would be allowed to remain open. And construction sites, which fared well in the pandemic’s first wave, have seen a number of outbreaks in recent weeks. So part of the debate is how much of the construction could be shut down.
New home construction could be especially problematic given that people are expecting to move into homes on a specific date and closing the entire industry could leave some with no place to live.
In conversation with those familiar with the data shaping the modelling that will be presented to cabinet, the picture is bleak.
This is about more than rising case counts, though that is a factor, this is about rising death counts, hospitalizations and ICU admissions. As of Saturday morning, 23% of ICU beds across the province were taken up by COVID-19 patients, in some areas it was 40% or more.
There are roughly 1,700 ICU beds and 400 of them are taken up by COVID patients. We can’t simply add more. There is specialized equipment to buy, specialized staff that are in short supply.
Those going over the data say it is not only about where the province is now but where we will be in two to three weeks. They believe the current lockdown measures have worked but not to the extent they hoped.
They also are concerned about where the new British variant of COVID will take us. The British variant spreads 56% faster than what we’ve been dealing with, meaning more cases, which inevitably leads to more hospitalizations, more ICU admissions, more deaths.
As for school children, there were 85 children between the ages of four and eight who tested positive on Jan. 8. A month earlier that number was at 41. The increase in school-age children started to rise in line with the increase in community spread and has now taken off.
There are many people opposed to the current lockdown and who bristle at the thought of tougher measures. If you are opposed to lockdowns, you’ve lost the argument with the public, with the political leaders and within the scientific community in Ontario.
In a Maru/BLUE poll released Friday, Ontario residents were more supportive of increased restrictions than other parts of the country.
When asked to agree or disagree with a series of proposed measures, 70% in Ontario said they supported a rule that would say, “People can only leave home for essential reasons such as grocery shopping, getting medications, and being vaccinated.”
Support for closing all restaurants was at 85%, all houses of worship 83%, all but essential offices 80%, and closing schools had 70% support.
Only half of Ontario residents support the idea of a curfew, but 59% back the closing of ski hills and 58% support rules requiring masks everywhere outside of the home “even outdoors when walking.”
I don’t know which of these measures not already in force will be brought into play by the Ford government, but whatever is done, it is likely to have strong public support.
As the old saying goes, the public gets what the public wants and this coming week they will get more lockdown measures for good or for bad.
blilley@postmedia.com
Yeah, and sadly necessary because of a few selfish jerks who have no consideration for the majority and refuse to adhere to the guidelines!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I know its bad in the GTA, , Peel etc but I am over 100 miles northwest. Very few cases here, no deaths. Even in Toronto area most of the deaths are in old folks residences. That is where the emphasis should be put in my opinion. The old folks homes up here don't seem to have a problem.

I do live closer to the GTA and agree.

This is something that primarily flourishes in areas with greater population density, plain and simple.

The strategy needs to be to coordinate with city mayors and better develop municipal mandates.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah, and sadly necessary because of a few selfish jerks who have no consideration for the majority and refuse to adhere to the guidelines!
Oh, you mean the people setting these rules while jetting off to vacations...?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• PCR tests cannot distinguish between “live” viruses and inactive (noninfectious) viral particles and therefore cannot be used as a diagnostic tool. The false appearance of a lethal pandemic has been manufactured using cycle thresholds (CTs) that are too high
  • The higher the CT — i.e., the number of amplification cycles used to detect RNA particles — the greater the chance of a false positive. Research shows that to get 100% confirmed real positives, the PCR test must be run at 17 cycles. Above 17 cycles, accuracy drops dramatically
  • The SARS-CoV-2 PCR test was developed based on a genetic sequence published by Chinese scientists, not the viral isolate. Missing genetic code was simply made up
  • November 30, 2020, 22 international scientists published a review challenging the scientific paper on PCR testing for SARS-CoV-2 that was adopted as the standard across the world. The scientists are calling for the so-called Corman-Drosten paper to be retracted due to its numerous errors
  • The flaws of PCR testing have been capitalized upon to incite fear in order to benefit the Great Reset agenda developed by a technocratic elite

I know many of you won't understand the above, but some of you will, those are the people I posted this for.
;)

Here, have some dessert!

SCAMDEMIC - CORONA VIRUS

Flawed Paper Behind Covid-19 Testing to be Retracted, After Scientists Expose its Ten Fatal Problems​

By Peter Andrews, Irish science journalist and writer based in London. He has a background in the life sciences, and graduated from the University of Glasgow with a degree in genetics

A publisher admitted it is urgently re-investigating research, following revelations that the PCR test it extols is defective, giving too many false-positives. The news comes as a new group plans a legal challenge over the checks.

Last week I reported on an astonishing review conducted by a group of senior scientists on a paper on which most Covid testing is based. It comprehensively debunked the science behind the Corman-Drosten paper, which described a protocol for using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technique to detect Covid, finding 10 fatal flaws, including major failings in the operating procedure and potential conflicts of interest among its authors.

The team behind the review demanded that Eurosurveillance, the journal that published the original research, retract it at once, as in their view it clearly failed to meet proper standards. This is of vital importance because the Corman-Drosten paper laid the path for mass PCR testing as the main source of data on the coronavirus. Almost all case numbers, infection rates and even deaths attributed to Covid are based on PCR tests (and all the attendant lockdowns and restrictions on people), and a huge amount of them use the method set out in the Corman-Drosten paper.

It has all been GENOCIDAL BS from day one, and look at all the people's lives and hundreds of thousands of businesses all destroyed while Walmart and amazon MAKE BILLIONS: YOU HAVE BEEN HORNSWAGGLED right in the ( ! )

Reactions: taxslave

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh, you mean the people setting these rules while jetting off to vacations...?
What are we talkin' here? A dozen cases out of a population of 37 million. A hell of a lot less than the people who don't want to wear masks and like to party. Doug Ford has it right! :)