Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
On this I hope you're wrong. I'd like to smack Tim Hudak around a bit, try and get him to wake the F up, but I don't think he understands how phoney he sounds. It's too late for a leadership call.
I actually thought you were unwillingly thinking that even the NDP would be better than more liberal nightmare.
Also that you feel they have a good chance at winning. Just me reading btw the lines.

As for Tory, the guy is all about politics, and nothing else,anyone wanting it that bad is laughable to me.
Just my view is all.

I think he would make a good Premier or mayor, but as Hudak grinds his nails on the blackboard for you,so does Tory for me.
Maybe thats why I see him as I said.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It's Vic Fideli's poor fortune to be so far north of GTA to not matter.

On this I hope you're wrong. I'd like to smack Tim Hudak around a bit, try and get him to wake the F up, but I don't think he understands how phoney he sounds. It's too late for a leadership call.

His Sheldon Cooper/Mister Bean thing doesn't inspire much, does it?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
As to what Lothian said about John Tory. He would have been a good Premier, had he not allowed himself to framed up in that religious school malarky. The death knell sounded on his campaign after the Left and the Catholic School Lobby which is a pretty strong group boxed him in. BTW, I think Tory did himself in by not reversing his position until it was too late.

Ontario needs change, even if it is for one term to shake out this arrogant, corrupt, narcissistic, party. Ontario needs a reset, but I wouldn't be laying any bets at this point.

The school issue was one of the only things I agreed with him on. That has to be fixed at some point. Unfortunately because of what happened to him I doubt anyone is going to touch it anytime soon which is too bad.

Sure a change in Ontario would be nice but I don't think change for change's sake is a good idea. If its going to be a change make it a change for the better, not just roll the dice on a random person/party. That happens far too often both federally and provincially in Canada. We don't elect governments, we kick them out.

Ha, that would probably just make his face even less likely to move. His smile seems so fake, its like he has an on and off switch in his head.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Sure a change in Ontario would be nice but I don't think change for change's sake is a good idea. If its going to be a change make it a change for the better, not just roll the dice on a random person/party. That happens far too often both federally and provincially in Canada. We don't elect governments, we kick them out.

Sometime change for change is absolutely necessary, especially in the case of this government. This one needs to be kicked to the curb. They have done enough damage.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's an exciting time to be alive.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Good choice when all your options are the worst case Ontario.

BUT

Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down, until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Good choice when all your options are the worst case Ontario.

BUT

Maybe tomorrow, I’ll want to settle down, until tomorrow, the whole world is my home

As a resident of Ontario I feel confident in extending the offer for all the free kibble he could possibly want.

Seriously, we'll look the other way.

We always do.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There is another option. Leave the sh-t to freeze in winter then flick it over the fence into Quebec's yard with a hockey stick.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Sounds like Wynne's positioning herself against Harper rather than Hudak and Horwath.

NDP are playing the scandal card and the PCs are taking the positive messaging route for once.