Ontario Election 2014 - The Official Thread

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Sounds like Wynne's positioning herself against Harper rather than Hudak and Horwath.

NDP are playing the scandal card and the PCs are taking the positive messaging route for once.

Well, Harper is the only person who has launched an attack that has received any traction so far, so she doesn't really have anyone else to defend herself against.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
It's an election and they're called politicians. Holy crap.
You have a knack for taking a snippet of a post and then doing what you just did.

It's important to realize just what the person who governs you is.
In this day and age a semblance of caring for the people you govern is welcome,but mired in political bravado and relinquished for rhetoric.

I have to say that Hudak, Wynne, Rob ford, Doug ford, John Tory, Stephen Harper, to name a few and get an idea of the scope,are completely bereft of any semblance of humanity.
Dalton is the litmus test. Something for the people to actually wake up to.

Wynne is nothing but a new head placed on Frankenstein.

These people are so far gone in the self serving mode of a politician .

Even the sanity I have enjoyed from which Retired -Canadian Soldier soldier brings to the table here, I do enjoy his take on things, I'm hedging my bets he knows he is supporting an idiot.

This is a conundrum in democracy. People turn enigmatic in order to cast a vote for their logo of choice.

The present influx of self serving snake in the grass politicians plaguing the political industry, is beyond anyone's reckoning except for the politicians and those going along with it.

It's the only game in town, it's fixed but what am I to do eh, not gamble!

Let me reiterate these points.

Our governments are nothing other than just an industrial process between the politician and governance .
Today at the end of the day we are serving Frankenstein.

The relationship, as a paradigm , is solely one of industrial espionage.
The entire process is just geared to lining the pockets of a few rather than aiding the entire populace. They use spin doctors , an accepted practice now by most political supporters, to con entire populaces in order to further this industry. It's espionage .

Liberals and Conservatives are no longer a choice for change.The Wynne card is nothing other than participating in a shell game.

ARGH!!!!!!!!

please Count DON'T!!!!!

Send a message and vote NDP.

*Gulps Absinthe*

Or tell me I'm wrong and teach me otherwise.

I'm up for it.
The thought of voting for this party is like putting my testis in a vise for fun.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

I really don't get why Hudak hasn't jumped all over this yet.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
CPP is good for braindead crackheads and debutants but I have them to thank for over a 225% increase in my wealth over 5 years.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Ipsos Reid as of today.

It's funny when you read each NewsPaper's analysis.

Of course the Toronto Star has this as a Liberal Win

National Post calls it a dead heat.

The Sun seems more focused on the Mayoral Election.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Based upon those numbers, I think the National Post is right.

Based on these numbers, I’d say the Liberals win.

The Honourable Kathleen Wynne M.P.P. (Don Valley West), the Premier of Ontario, has the right of first refusal to meet the new Legislative Assembly if no one other party has received an absolute majority of seats; since the Liberal and Progressive Conservative seat counts would be so close, the Liberals could almost certainly secure the confidence of the New Democrats and continue to govern.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
Skip to 2:30 to see Tim come on. Doesn't he make you want to punch him in the face so badly? How much more smarmy can a guy get?

This nice guy routine isn't going to work for him because he comes off so insincere. He is going to have to start spitting some vitriol if he wants a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxcdv0ItiCU#t=149

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Based on these numbers, I’d say the Liberals win.

The Honourable Kathleen Wynne M.P.P. (Don Valley West), the Premier of Ontario, has the right of first refusal to meet the new Legislative Assembly if no one other party has received an absolute majority of seats; since the Liberal and Progressive Conservative seat counts would be so close, the Liberals could almost certainly secure the confidence of the New Democrats and continue to govern.

I was not thinking a minority is a win. And any minority will likely be a Liberal-NDP coalition same as last one. I would not think that she would consider another 4 years of bribing the NDP to be the goal. Since it is not the goal, then achieving it is not a victory.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was not thinking a minority is a win. And any minority will likely be a Liberal-NDP coalition same as last one. I would not think that she would consider another 4 years of bribing the NDP to be the goal. Since it is not the goal, then achieving it is not a victory.

Fair enough.

My own view of a “victory” for a Government as embattled as Ms. Wynne’s, is holding onto Government at all.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Fair enough.

My own view of a “victory” for a Government as embattled as Ms. Wynne’s, is holding onto Government at all.

One would think a government as 'embattled' as this one would go down to a huge defeat. Shows the apathy of some of the voters and the lack of charisma from the other leaders.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
I don't know if another four years of Hudak opposing just for the sake of opposing is any way to get things done either

He won't be opposing anything over the next 4 years. He is going to be premeir or he is going to be looking for a new job.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know if another four years of Hudak opposing just for the sake of opposing is any way to get things done either

The only good thing about another minority would likely result in a new leader of the PCs for next time. I don't believe the Liberals ever seriously tried to even work with the Hudak. Probably as much effort as Hudak put into working with them.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
The only good thing about another minority would likely result in a new leader of the PCs for next time. I don't believe the Liberals ever seriously tried to even work with the Hudak. Probably as much effort as Hudak put into working with them.

The Hudak certainly didn't seem very interested in working with them. They had pretty much a blanket policy to vote against anything and anything that they put forward, and never made any serious policy suggestions.