Omnibus: Conservative Leadership Race

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Regina is cold with LOTS of snow. Crazy winter and can’t wait for Spring.

Where the protesters close enough to keep you up 24/7 or was it not that bad?

I can’t explain JT’s longevity at all but he does have a trust fund & the Trudeau Foundation that’s supposed to be in a trust also while he’s in politics, and all those Fools will be giving themselves another raise in a month to offset the carbon tax increase. 😉

Trudeau's longevity is simple.

There is no one better.

That's it, it's the "Devil you know" vs. "What the fuck ever everyone else is".

Until someone better than him comes along... we're sadly stuck with his sad little self.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Jean Charest?!?!

Is this a joke?

First off, he is NOT a conservative! His views on gay marriage and abortion puts him further to the left than Joe Biden! If you want the People’s Party of Canada to get even more votes this time around than last time, then by all means, nominate Jean Charest. It’s one sure way to isolate those of us who are social conservatives.

Secondly, fellow was part of a group of Quebec Premiers signing his name in a letter asking that Bill 101 be extended to Federal institutions.

Anyone that openly agrees on imposing a racist/discriminatory law that was denounced by BOTH the United Nations and Supreme Court of Canada at the Federal level, is not fit in my opinion to lead the Conservative Party of Canada.

I’m sure the vast majority of Canadians feel the same way.

I do know that Stephen Harper is working behind the scenes to ensure that Charest is not nominated as leader of the Conservative party.

Too bad Harper has not thrown his own hat into the ring. I’m sure he could easily beat the Liberals if he were to run.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Regina is cold with LOTS of snow. Crazy winter and can’t wait for Spring.

Where the protesters close enough to keep you up 24/7 or was it not that bad?

I can’t explain JT’s longevity at all but he does have a trust fund & the Trudeau Foundation that’s supposeId to be in a trust also while he’s in politics, and all those Fools will be giving themselves another raise in a month to offset the carbon tax increase. 😉

It was effin loud, I'm close enough to hear it outside, and there was an OPP helicopter hovering over the river, which was basically 2 blocks from my house for 2 or 3 days. I really do feel for the people who were right down town (I"m about 1 klic from the hill), but I"m not going to lie...it was the most fun I've had in 2 years. Fuck Trudeau....honk, honk, FREEDOM :D A lot of overkill, typical Trudeau and Ottawa citizen dramatics...oh, my I don't feel safe.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I doubt there's a swinging dick in Canada that ain't to the left of American Democrats. We have two main parties, center right and batshit crazy (formerly far right).
There isn't, but there are many that like to think they are equivalent to the Republicans.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
CTV and their long ass headlines

Charest to be in Ottawa to meet with Conservative MPs to discuss party leadership​

Former Quebec premier Jean Charest will be in Ottawa this week to discuss the party's leadership with Conservative MPs at an event hosted by two who want him to run.

Quebec MP Alain Rayes and Nova Scotia's Rick Perkins were among the signatories of an open letter published last week saying they want the 63-year-old to enter the race. Others included Ontario MP John Nater and New Brunswick Sen. Percy Mockler.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Conservatives to announce new leader on Sept. 10, giving time for more candidates to join race

The Conservative Party of Canada will announce its new leader on Sept. 10, a move that opens up the race to candidates other than the presumed front-runner and only declared contender so far, Pierre Poilievre.

Leadership contenders will have until June 3 to sign up new members, the Leadership Election Organizing Committee (LEOC) announced in a release late Wednesday night.

Supporters of Poilievre had pushed for a shorter race that would make it harder for other would-be leadership contenders to gain momentum.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Conservatives to announce new leader on Sept. 10, giving time for more candidates to join race

The Conservative Party of Canada will announce its new leader on Sept. 10, a move that opens up the race to candidates other than the presumed front-runner and only declared contender so far, Pierre Poilievre.

Leadership contenders will have until June 3 to sign up new members, the Leadership Election Organizing Committee (LEOC) announced in a release late Wednesday night.

Supporters of Poilievre had pushed for a shorter race that would make it harder for other would-be leadership contenders to gain momentum.

Have you bought your membership yet ? Like a good liberal you can affect the leadership race and get Charest in there .