Omnibus: Conservative Leadership Race

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yeah but like you said, he's from the evil part of the country.
Count these. Look where they’re from. Any from the West of let’s say…Thunder Bay ON?

Eight Conservatives from Eastern Canada are appealing to former Quebec Premier Jean Charest’s “sense of duty” in running for the Conservative Party of Canada leadership, with hopes of unifying Canadians and restoring Canada’s economy and reputation worldwide.

Add in a couple Senators, all from east of Thunder bay Ontario…. And a few pensioned politicians, All from East of Thunder Bay Ontario. Could be a coincidence if I hadn’t called it in advance.

The letter is signed by four current MPs — Alain Rayes (Richmond-Arthabaska, Que.), Rick Perkins (South Shore – St. Margarets, N.S.), Dominique Vien (Bellechasse -Les Etchemins- Lévis, Que.), John Nater (Perth-Wellington, Ont.) — and Senator Percy Mockler of New Brunswick.

Also added as signatories of the letter are former MP David Sweet (Flamborough—Glanbrook, Ont.), and longtime Conservative insider in Newfoundland and Labrador Leo Power, as well as Louis Leger, current chief of staff to New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Count these. Look where they’re from. Any from the West of let’s say…Thunder Bay ON?

Eight Conservatives from Eastern Canada are appealing to former Quebec Premier Jean Charest’s “sense of duty” in running for the Conservative Party of Canada leadership, with hopes of unifying Canadians and restoring Canada’s economy and reputation worldwide.

Add in a couple Senators, all from east of Thunder bay Ontario…. And a few pensioned politicians, All from East of Thunder Bay Ontario. Could be a coincidence if I hadn’t called it in advance.

The letter is signed by four current MPs — Alain Rayes (Richmond-Arthabaska, Que.), Rick Perkins (South Shore – St. Margarets, N.S.), Dominique Vien (Bellechasse -Les Etchemins- Lévis, Que.), John Nater (Perth-Wellington, Ont.) — and Senator Percy Mockler of New Brunswick.

Also added as signatories of the letter are former MP David Sweet (Flamborough—Glanbrook, Ont.), and longtime Conservative insider in Newfoundland and Labrador Leo Power, as well as Louis Leger, current chief of staff to New Brunswick Premier Blaine Higgs.
And those Maritimers thought they got the best deal in 1867 . How the mighty have sunk .

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
There is serious doubt as to how long Trudeau will last as leader of the Liberals, but also serisou question about what political direction the Conservatives will adopt when their leadership issue is solved. As far as the freedom protests are concerned, I'm of the mind that the EA was a distasteful but necessary step in bringing a fast conclusion to a nasty situation, and that it was a good choice by the Liberals to cancel it as soon as its purpose was fulfilled. The right all over the world is playing up Trudeau as a dictator and a communist (top entires in the right wing rhetoric manual these days) when the protests had become an anti-democratic exercise in minority rule by bullying. Their cries of freedom were coming at the expense of the freedom of others.
The convoy was the only way to get the attention of the leaders - specifically Trudeau but he didn't give a crap & cowardly went into hiding. Yes, he was being an autocrat and speculation is that he's also a sociopath. “It's a mental health condition where somebody persistently has difficulty engaging appropriately with social norms,” according to a Dr. Coulter, a psychiatrist.

The term sociopath refers to someone living with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) — as does the term psychopath.

The most recent edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (DSM-5), which mental health professionals use to diagnose mental health conditions, defines ASPD as a consistent disregard for rules and social norms and repeated violation of other people’s rights.

People with the condition might seem charming and charismatic at first, at least on the surface, but they generally find it difficult to understand other people’s feelings. They often:
  • break rules or laws
  • behave aggressively or impulsively
  • feel little guilt for harm they cause others
  • use manipulation, deceit, and controlling behavior
So whether Trudeau is a sociopath or not remains to be seen but he is definitely the worst PM we've ever had - his temper tantrums are spoken of in the inner circles of government as he definitely wants things his way. That became really obvious by his refusing to meet the truckers. So now we all know, for sure, that he's a self-centered individual who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
What do you think Harper was? Liberal Lite or the real deal?

Seriously. I liked him well enough, but I'm mostly looking at it from an American viewpoint. Don't know much about his domestic policies.
Actually, Harper was one of the better PM's we've had. His issue was that to those in opposition, he wasn't an extrovert enough - he didn't show his "kinder side" and was characterized as being a heartless, mean person. He wasn't then and isn't now that way at all. He's a very nice man, very compassionate but because he didn't show his emotions "enough" (whatever the hell that means) he was castigated on a regular basis. But he did have some good policies. We could really use a Harper now, that's for sure but I'm not supporting the Conservative Party any more. I'm a PPC'er!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The convoy was the only way to get the attention of the leaders - specifically Trudeau but he didn't give a crap & cowardly went into hiding. Yes, he was being an autocrat and speculation is that he's also a sociopath. “It's a mental health condition where somebody persistently has difficulty engaging appropriately with social norms,” according to a Dr. Coulter, a psychiatrist.

The term sociopath refers to someone living with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) — as does the term psychopath.

The most recent edition of the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” (DSM-5), which mental health professionals use to diagnose mental health conditions, defines ASPD as a consistent disregard for rules and social norms and repeated violation of other people’s rights.

People with the condition might seem charming and charismatic at first, at least on the surface, but they generally find it difficult to understand other people’s feelings. They often:
  • break rules or laws
  • behave aggressively or impulsively
  • feel little guilt for harm they cause others
  • use manipulation, deceit, and controlling behavior
So whether Trudeau is a sociopath or not remains to be seen but he is definitely the worst PM we've ever had - his temper tantrums are spoken of in the inner circles of government as he definitely wants things his way. That became really obvious by his refusing to meet the truckers. So now we all know, for sure, that he's a self-centered individual who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself.
Diagnosing Trudeau is just as stupid as it was when they were diagnosing Trump . The rest I agree with .

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Long time no see!! I didn’t think Trudeau would make it through his first ethics scandal filled first term, but he’s been elected in twice since by someone (?) so who knows?
Hey, hey....how's Regina. I was talking to a trucker at the protest from your neck of the woods.....nice guy. I don't know, 3 years is a long time, how many effing lives does JT have? Or better, money?

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hey, hey....how's Regina. I was talking to a trucker at the protest from your neck of the woods.....nice guy. I don't know, 3 years is a long time, how many effing lives does JT have? Or better, money?
Regina is cold with LOTS of snow. Crazy winter and can’t wait for Spring.

Where the protesters close enough to keep you up 24/7 or was it not that bad?

I can’t explain JT’s longevity at all but he does have a trust fund & the Trudeau Foundation that’s supposed to be in a trust also while he’s in politics, and all those Fools will be giving themselves another raise in a month to offset the carbon tax increase. 😉

Reactions: Dixie Cup