Omnibus: Conservative Leadership Race

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Peepee Poolievre is terrified of this guy.

Jean Charest considering Conservative leadership run: sources

Jean Charest, the former Quebec premier and ex-leader of the federal Progressive Conservative Party, is preparing to run for the leadership of the Conservative Party, according to party sources who spoke with Radio-Canada.

Charest is fine-tuning a plan for his leadership bid, according to Conservative sources familiar with his plans.

"We have support in all the provinces. People will be surprised by the support we receive, even in Western Canada," a supporter of Charest's candidacy said.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Jean Charest, the former Quebec premier and ex-leader of the federal Progressive Conservative Party, is preparing to run for the leadership of the Conservative Party, according to party sources who spoke with Radio-Canada.

Charest is fine-tuning a plan for his leadership bid, according to Conservative sources familiar with his plans.

"We have support in all the provinces. People will be surprised by the support we receive, even in Western Canada," a supporter of Charest's candidacy said.

Get bent.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Great another Liberal in a blue suit .

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
when was the last time any Premier was successful at being elected Prime Minister? Tucker in 1896?

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I couldn't stomach Pierre Poilievre's voice for 4 years. Also strikes me as that kid growing up who would take his ball home with him if he was losing the game.

And don't get me started on Charest. Is the Conservative Party so bereft of talent that the only choice is now between a smarmy upstart and a political dinosaur who farts government pension dust?

Reactions: taxme

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Let’s cut to the chase. What you’re seeing above is a play on the population base of Eastern Canada (& I’ll define Eastern Canada as the term I’m using later on in this post) & the snobbery towards a potential PM candidate from west of Thunder Bay.

Even though Pierre Poilievre sounds French & is fluent in both official languages and has a political riding in Ontario….he’s still from the West of Thunder Bay so he has a Western ‘taint’ which may offend the sensibilities of eastern Canadians (and I use the term not factoring in real Eastern Canadians from the Maritimes, but the Eastern Core Dick of Ontario being the GTA & also Quebec).

Pierre Poilievre is very competent, and good enough to be a workhorse and a pitbull, and a generally brilliant guy…..

….but…. And there’s always a but… where was he born and where was he educated? Really? We can’t have that now can we?
1645767577315.jpeg

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Let’s cut to the chase. What you’re seeing above is a play on the population base of Eastern Canada (& I’ll define Eastern Canada as the term I’m using later on in this post) & the snobbery towards a potential PM candidate from west of Thunder Bay.

Even though Pierre Poilievre sounds French & is fluent in both official languages and has a political riding in Ontario….he’s still from the West of Thunder Bay so he has a Western ‘taint’ which may offend the sensibilities of eastern Canadians (and I use the term not factoring in real Eastern Canadians from the Maritimes, but the Eastern Core Dick of Ontario being the GTA & also Quebec).

Pierre Poilievre is very competent, and good enough to be a workhorse and a pitbull, and a generally brilliant guy…..

….but…. And there’s always a but… where was he born and where was he educated? Really? We can’t have that now can we?
View attachment 12326

I hadn't heard of the guy so I went to look him up.

For me, he's questionable at best, for his Alliance and Reform affiliations.

I don't care that he was from the west itself.

Frankly I wouldn't mind a PM from the West, except that most of the time, the West is more going extreme right than anything, and for me that's not a Canada I want to live in.

Give me a decent, middle of the road Con from IDGAF Alberta and I'd vote for him... or, well, maybe, depends if his MP for my riding is decent as well.

ETA: I'm tired of these fucks from Quebec or Ontario, personally. I wish there was more choice out there.

Reactions: Ron in Regina