Omicron

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Using the same criteria I reluctantly got the first two. I have no intention of getting a third, same as I never get a flu shot.
Getting pretty hard to function in society without the first two shots, & my Girlfriend and I both got our flu shots with our second boosters on December 27th. After a couple years of social distancing even a nasty cold will kick somebody’s ass due to lack of exposure.

Dubé (some Quebec Politician) noted that half of the province’s hospitalized COVID-19 patients are unvaccinated even though they represent just 10 per cent of the population. Now that’s an interesting statement. Shame the vaccinations aren’t effective I guess.

By blaming the unvaccinated for prolonging the COVID pandemic, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is acting like an advertising executive protecting his brand.

What he’s failing to do is act like a prime minister, whose job is to unite Canadians.

Trudeau has been fanning the flames of anger against the unvaccinated going back to the federal election campaign in August.

In September, he accused them of being racists and misogynists — because he knows it’s politically popular from internal government polling and publicly available polls. Ah yes, The entire federal election campaign where Trudeau singled out Alberta and Saskatchewan as a bunch of inbred redneck Hicks due to covid#’s as they were going through their turn on that third or fourth wave after Ontario and Quebec did. Good times….

In any crisis, when people are angry and worried there’s a tendency to look for a scapegoat. If it can be Western Canadians during an election campaign, then so much the better!!!

Trudeau has positioned himself as the spokesman for that anger as he did this week.

Strategically, he’s getting out in front of it so it won’t turn on him because of his government’s many failures in dealing with the pandemic, starting with not taking it seriously enough at the start.

When Abacus Data pollster Bruce Anderson did an in-depth examination of the unvaccinated last summer, surveying 30,000 Canadians, he concluded as reported in Maclean’s that, the “typical ‘vaccine hesitant’ person is a 42-year-old Ontario woman who votes Liberal.” Jesus, Mary, & Pierre, say it isn’t so?!?!

While Trudeau has occasionally made a distinction between the vaccine-hesitant and refusers, he has increasingly portrayed a small subgroup of the unvaccinated — those who disrupted his political campaign and protested outside hospitals — as representative of all of them.

During the campaign, he denounced Conservative leader Erin O’Toole for siding with them, when in fact O’Toole denounced the protesters disrupting Trudeau’s campaign.

Finally, the PM should remember that children under five years of age are also among Canada’s unvaccinated and cool his rhetoric.
1641753290429.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Mandatory vaccine policies are a blunt tool aimed at covering up government ineptitude. The denial of basic civil rights has been repeatedly used to patch over political failures, and even if such intrusions were at one point justified, our leaders grow too fond of their authority.

When the virus spreads among the vaccinated as easily as the Omicron variant has, herd immunity will continue to be out of reach.

A more pressing problem is that the unvaccinated are disproportionately swamping hospitals, and especially ICUs. The chance of hospitalization for COVID drops by more than 80 per cent for those with at least two shots, and the odds of landing in intensive care drops by about 95 per cent, according to Ontario data.

This of course should beg the question why hospitals are being overrun two years into the pandemic. Canada’s hospital capacity is low at the best of times, but the fact that federal and provincial governments haven’t been able to scale up health care remains one of the great failures of this nightmare. Lockdowns are being used to protect a system that was barely functioning before this mess.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Mandatory vaccine policies are a blunt tool aimed at covering up government ineptitude. The denial of basic civil rights has been repeatedly used to patch over political failures, and even if such intrusions were at one point justified, our leaders grow too fond of their authority.

When the virus spreads among the vaccinated as easily as the Omicron variant has, herd immunity will continue to be out of reach.

A more pressing problem is that the unvaccinated are disproportionately swamping hospitals, and especially ICUs. The chance of hospitalization for COVID drops by more than 80 per cent for those with at least two shots, and the odds of landing in intensive care drops by about 95 per cent, according to Ontario data.

This of course should beg the question why hospitals are being overrun two years into the pandemic. Canada’s hospital capacity is low at the best of times, but the fact that federal and provincial governments haven’t been able to scale up health care remains one of the great failures of this nightmare. Lockdowns are being used to protect a system that was barely functioning before this mess.
And don’t forget they laid off or fired twenty percent of 2020’s hero’s .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
OK, I know NOTHING about the man. Don't know his track record, bio, or even which party he is.

Still, ya gotta be impressed when a man named for one the Three Stooges rises so high in society.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Trudeau is the one screwing the pooch on this. Less than 1% of the world's population is fully vaccinated while the fucking asshole brags about Canada breaking immigration records, in the middle of a pandemic.
Fuck Trudeau and his gang of Libshit ass lickers. Blaming everyone else for their gross incompetence.

If you recall, just after the WHO announced that Covid was serious public health threat of international concern, Groper boi decided to go to Africa and Europe for his UNSC begging tour. And his wife comes back with Covid. Now, if the fucking goof doesn't give two shits about the health and safety of himself and his family, then why would anyone think he gives a shit about Canadians when Trudeau clearly believes his "legacy" is more important?

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
A more pressing problem is that the unvaccinated whare disproportionately swamping hospitals, and especially ICUs. The chance of hospitalization for COVID drops by more than 80 per cent for those with at least two shots, and the odds of landing in intensive care drops by about 95 per cent, according to Ontario data.

Now do obesity. People with obesity who contracted SARS-CoV-2 were 113% more likely than people of healthy weight to land in the hospital, 74% more likely to be admitted to an ICU, and 48% more likely to die. Why don't we start blaming fat people for swamping hospitals? If anyone should be forbidden from eating in restaurants, it's this identifiable group.

Your perspective is wrong and your divisive blame is sadly misplaced, the sooner you realize this the sooner you will no longer be contributing to the division and hate being overtly engineered and fulmented in this country, and the sooner we can get on with finding real solutions instead of boogeymen.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Are immigrants checked for vax or vaxxed upon entry?
Who knows. Depending on how many are walking across the border, I doubt if the RCMP or anyone else for that matter are even checking. Do they even have the ability to check each person that's crossing and if so, what happens to the person who is positive? Are they sent back or are they quarantined somewhere? Are they vetted at all? Who are these people?

No one knows the answer to these questions and it seems the media don't really care to ask the "tough" questions, very much like the U.S. media. Hard questions? What are those? They'd prefer to talk about "socks" or "hair". Just sayin....

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Less than 1% of the world's population is fully vaccinated

VaccinatedFully vaccinatedAdditional dosePer 100 peopleTotalAdditional doses
World61%51%10%

Think you're off by 50%. Oh and here: "The data is compiled from government sources by the Our World in Data project at the University of Oxford." just in case it's missed and someone throws out the whole "blah blah liberal bullshit" or whatever excuse.

There's a lot of blame to go around about vaccinations though; from leaders of Countries and provinces/states, to companies who refuse to allow additional productions, to lack of services in places like Africa where it's unknown who is and isn't vaccinated so we have to guess.

Trudeau wasn't the only 'world leader' to fuck up during this bullshit, and won't be the last. Personally, him breaking his own rules deserves more than just 'stern talking', but that's me.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

VaccinatedFully vaccinatedAdditional dosePer 100 peopleTotalAdditional doses
World61%51%10%

Think you're off by 50%. Oh and here: "The data is compiled from government sources by the Our World in Data project at the University of Oxford." just in case it's missed and someone throws out the whole "blah blah liberal bullshit" or whatever excuse.

There's a lot of blame to go around about vaccinations though; from leaders of Countries and provinces/states, to companies who refuse to allow additional productions, to lack of services in places like Africa where it's unknown who is and isn't vaccinated so we have to guess.

Trudeau wasn't the only 'world leader' to fuck up during this bullshit, and won't be the last. Personally, him breaking his own rules deserves more than just 'stern talking', but that's me.
Arggh. My mistake. I read my source incorrectly. The less than 1% (0.9%) was the percentage of the population who went and got themselves "fully" vaccinated just on Jan 3. I was looking at a daily tracker. My mistake and my apologies for inadvertently giving out incorrect information.