Omicron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Rare cases of myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) and pericarditis (inflammation of the outer lining of the heart) in adolescents and young adults have been reported more often after getting the second dose than after the first dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.
I had heard this was more common with Moderna and the reason they usually don't give it to people under 30.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
OK, here we go. Found something beyond the vagueness of “Rare” to help quantify things with respect to the heart issues & the vaccinations.

“As of November 24, 2021, VAERS has received 1,949 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis out of the tens of millions of people ages 30 and younger who received mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.”

So, without currently knowing how many “tens of millions” are being referred to here, but knowing it’s plural, let’s conservatively assume 2 ‘cuz that’s plural. So 1949/20,000,000 would be the highest percentage (& the more “tens of millions” involved then the lower the percentage) so this would be 0.009445% so less than 1/10,000 at the highest according to the above numbers and potentially much lower again depending upon how many “tens of millions” are being referred to above.

Supper is ready. I’ll come back to this later.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Now just to quantify my own math above, I ass/u/me’d that ALL 1948 reports to VAERS of this nature are completely accurate & provable. Then I ass/u/me’d the lowest denominator to satisfy the “tens of millions” statement to come up with the absolute MAXIMUM of 1/10,000 rounding up….but it can be much lower than that Maximum number of 1/10,000. Does this make sense???

Reactions: B00Mer

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thank you! I’ve seen this site from one of my anti-VAX drivers (OK, my only anti-VAX driver). I was looking for some numbers with respect to playing the odds in the “For & Against” odds regarding getting vaccinated.

With numbers and basic math skills, someone doesn’t have to understand the in-depth medical terminology etc…& can measure apples against apples:
View attachment 11455
I’m just in the door from work and dealing with -40°C bullshit, But will look at this a bit closer when time permits.
-12 here until much different.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
-12 here until much different.
I wish!! -33°C without the wind and with the slight wind we have it’s -41°C.

Going back to grade 9 probability, on average, A person is more likely by a factor of approximately 37 times to die in an automobile accident than to experience the heart issues cited above as justification to not get the Covid-19 vaccination. How many citing this are anti-automobile here?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Here’s a weird perspective. “What are the odds of being struck by lightning in your lifetime???” Seriously folks, & though I’ve never been hit by lightning myself, I know two people who’ve been in a vehicle hit by lightning, & a Friends Grandfather who’s been hit by lightning THREE times (once in his kitchen, once in the outhouse, & once on the way to the outhouse).

Anyone here actually been hit by lightning?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How about this? Naturally, twins occur in about one in 250 pregnancies, triplets in about one in 10,000 pregnancies. Anyone here a triplet or have had triplets? They exist, though Rare, but how many here have Abstained from sex in their lifetime from a fear of having triplets? Anyone? ‘Cuz it could happen…

Reactions: petros

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Here’s a weird perspective. “What are the odds of being struck by lightning in your lifetime???” Seriously folks, & though I’ve never been hit by lightning myself, I know two people who’ve been in a vehicle hit by lightning, & a Friends Grandfather who’s been hit by lightning THREE times (once in his kitchen, once in the outhouse, & once on the way to the outhouse).

My only take away is the French grandfather needs to seriously consider indoor plumbing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I wish!! -33°C without the wind and with the slight wind we have it’s -41°C.

Going back to grade 9 probability, on average, A person is more likely by a factor of approximately 37 times to die in an automobile accident than to experience the heart issues cited above as justification to not get the Covid-19 vaccination. How many citing this are anti-automobile here?
Its a dey cold.

A soggy -20C windchill isn't pretty. Feels like -40

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I hear you. Luckily the wind is low & only 61% humidity at -36°C. It could easily be much worse.
1640747125388.jpeg
1640747146672.jpeg
I’m not sure that 61% humidity at -36°C would be defined as a dry cold though…😉

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
My only take away is the French grandfather needs to seriously consider indoor plumbing.
Yeah, I don’t think he was French but he sounds like a real character. I knew both his son and grandson well, without actually meeting him. The man ended up being very afraid of thunderstorms I’m told.

This same guy before he retired and moved to town (straight into an old folks home with indoor plumbing), he was pulled over by the RCMP. The woman constable asked for his drivers license and registration.

The registration was current but the drivers license…not so much. he did not realize that you had to renew your drivers license annually and it had expired about five decades before he was pulled over. He thought it was a one time thing & you either had it or you didn’t. Whoops.

(Indoor plumbing and not having to chop his own firewood for heating, that finished him in short order apparently)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

My vehicle has been hit twice , freaky , ear splitting noise at the same time as a bright blue and other coloured light flashing in your eyes while the car stalls . Scary and exciting at the same time .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

shitty thing to happen. :poop: ;)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and federal Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos have launched a campaign to put pressure on provincial governments to force millions of Canadians to get vaccinated against their will.

It started with Trudeau linking the unvaccinated to racism and misogyny because of their views, and asking rhetorically, “do we tolerate these people” on a Quebec talk show in September, similar to statements he made during the federal election.

On Friday, Duclos publicly pressured the provinces to consider broadly-based, mandatory vaccination policies aimed at the general public, as opposed to vaccination mandates aimed at specific professions and sectors of the economy.

This was obviously an attempt by the Trudeau government to toss a hand grenade at the provinces on the controversial issue of forced vaccination.

This in spite of the fact Trudeau has spoken out against forced vaccinations for all Canadians because it fails to respect freedom of choice and medical, religious and conscience objections some Canadians have to being vaccinated.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I am against mandatory vaccinations, but by the same token I’m for vaccinations as a whole for society, & believe adults should learn as much as they can about this topic, filter out the bullshit, and then step up to the plate to try & protect themselves, their families, their friends and neighbours, and so on and so forth.

Personally, before the New Year, both my Girlfriend & I once we reached our age eligibility, got our first & second shots, then our first & second booster shots based upon what we read, watched, filtered, and then acted upon.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I am against mandatory vaccinations, but by the same token I’m for vaccinations as a whole for society, & believe adults should learn as much as they can about this topic, filter out the bullshit, and then step up to the plate to try & protect themselves, their families, their friends and neighbours, and so on and so forth.

Personally, before the New Year, both my Girlfriend & I once we reached our age eligibility, got our first & second shots, then our first & second booster shots based upon what we read, watched, filtered, and then acted upon.
Yeah, well, you're sane.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Using the same criteria I reluctantly got the first two. I have no intention of getting a third, same as I never get a flu shot.