Obesity a disease!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
well that could be because it contains so many chemicals it would be difficult to narrow it down...I know someone who was sick for years... just a bit here, a bit there. They had done test after test after test...nothing, they were told it was "all in their head" and to basically 'get over it'. They landed with a doctor who upon doing his first examination with her, sniffed at her head and asked if she used hair spray... she did. He identified the chemical culprit and she was fine after eliminating it. It's hard to know because basically we are just a bag of chemicals and so is our food, and the creams we use, and the odours we smell. And no two bodies react the same way.

Well, that was an easy fix, too bad it wasn't as easy to find.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
yeah that makes sense...I have never gone on a diet so I don't know...when bread disagrees with me and I cut it out totally I always lose a bit even though calorie wise I stay the same...I don't think bread is really all that good for us

The problem is mostly in the yeast and to a lesser extent glutten.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The problem is mostly in the yeast and to a lesser extent glutten.
frig I am going to think about that...is yeast the same as hops in beer? I can't drink beer...makes my nose run, eyes water and nauseated too.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Hunboldt,

A sweet old fashioned girl!

If she comes with a good dowry then she's perfect for me! :)

(but she'll have to give up the gluten)

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Well I suppose I wasn't thinking about that. For me, when I do cut the bread out of the diet I usually have a goal. Like I don't buy a large Italian Sub and dump the contents onto a plate, chuck the sub roll and get a fork. I typically have a diet in mind

ESmack is quite right about this.
Men over 50 in particular should eat a lot more cabbage, root veggies, etc and cut back on wheat products and processed meats.
I love my pasta, but you are wise to develop a taste for turnips.

Also= nicotine tablet gum is a good aid to boosting your metabolic rate.
1`00 years ago, fat was a symbol of 'good health'- you didn't have tuberculosis. This view has lingered with us.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Hunboldt,

A sweet old fashioned girl!

If she comes with a good dowry then she's perfect for me! :)

(but she'll have to give up the gluten)

go for Broke, Gopher....

Attachments

• 1083713-Clipart-Laughing-Emoticon-Smiley-Covering-His-Grin-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
    1083713-Clipart-Laughing-Emoticon-Smiley-Covering-His-Grin-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
  • fat_celebrities_Paris.jpg
    fat_celebrities_Paris.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 24

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
frig I am going to think about that...is yeast the same as hops in beer? I can't drink beer...makes my nose run, eyes water and nauseated too.

No, yeast is yeast, and hops are the 'fruit' of hops vines.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Work won't alter DNA

Now you are getting technical. When you are working hard, your mind isn't on other sh*t, that causes worry etc. Your immune system is generally in better shape and the feeling of accomplishment just improves your whole outlook. To a certain extent I'm a believer in mind over matter. Now I'm not saying it will cure a case of terminal liver cancer.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

If she goes gluten free that weight will melt off like an ice cube on a hot pan
She looks great to un-brainwashed men.

If she had three or four kids like women are supposed to, she'd be just right. Chubby but muscular and healthy like women are supposed to be.

Cutting out gluten? No it won't make you thin.

Myths won't slim you down.

It's the, fat and sugars added to wheat products that make you fat.

Eat a bowl of Sunny Boy/Red River cereal and two hard boiled eggs for brekkie, a decent lunch, an afternoon snack and a light dinner, (you don't need calories in the evening), zero caffeine and moderate animal fat is necessary.

STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM DAIRY, GET LOTS OF SUNSHINE AND FRESH AIR then your BFI will plummet!!!

Humans aren't calfs trying to gain 100l0lb in year. \

Yogurt is NFG (another myth to sell dairy concocted to make up for ice cream, butter and cheese market declines).

If you need calcium/iron/minerals, drink LOTS OF WELL OR TAP WATER not RO/bottled water and eat broccoli.

Arthritis and anemia are self inflicted by-products of over treated water.

Dairy and bottled/RO water are the two most horrid thing you can ingest.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She looks great to un-brainwashed men.

If she had three or four kids like women are supposed to, she'd be just right. Chubby but muscular and healthy like women are supposed to be.

Cutting out gluten? No it won't make you thin.

Myths won't slim you down.

It's the, fat and sugars added to wheat products that make you fat.

Eat a bowl of Sunny Boy/Red River cereal and two hard boiled eggs for brekkie, a decent lunch, an afternoon snack and a light dinner, (you don't need calories in the evening), zero caffeine and moderate animal fat is necessary.

STAY THE F*CK AWAY FROM DAIRY, GET LOTS OF SUNSHINE AND FRESH AIR then your BFI will plummet!!!

Humans aren't calfs trying to gain 100l0lb in year. \

Yogurt is NFG (another myth to sell dairy concocted to make up for ice cream, butter and cheese market declines).

If you need calcium/iron/minerals, drink LOTS OF WELL OR TAP WATER not RO/bottled water and eat broccoli.

Arthritis and anemia are self inflicted by-products of over treated water.

Dairy and bottled/RO water are the two most horrid thing you can ingest.

There is only so much broccoli one guy can eat. Switch off with Brussel Sprouts and sweet potato.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If a guy is thin and healthy and doesn't eat gluten why argue with it? Things often work for different reasons than was thought! -:)