Obesity a disease!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I agree but I had a spell of atrial fibrillation last winter and I have to do what the doc says. CAn't go through that sh*t again. Damn near "bought the farm" on Feb. 17. P.S. Warfarin is a blood thinner.
Sorry to hear that.

I am a little cynical about meds. My dad had a major stroke, caused in part by blood thinners (blood was all out of whack, thick to thin). He never recovered. My mom was on diabetes medication for 40 years. They took her off them when she was in extended care. They were causing her more health problems than they were worth, and given she was on a balanced diet there was no need for them. Docs made a good living off the prescriptions though.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sorry to hear that.

I am a little cynical about meds. My dad had a major stroke, caused in part by blood thinners (blood was all out of whack, thick to thin). He never recovered. My mom was on diabetes medication for 40 years. They took her off them when she was in extended care. They were causing her more health problems than they were worth, and given she was on a balanced diet there was no need for them. Docs made a good living off the prescriptions though.

I hear you. Warfarin is a bloody nuisance, you have to be continually tested and the dose adjusted but it is SUPPOSED to prevent strokes. Here's a "heads up" about another drug..............Digoxin used to combat heart failure. Glad I don't need that sh*t any more. Just found out today that is was the cause of a lot of confusion, disorientation and blurred vision. Don't need that sh*t. I'll be "right as rain" here shortly.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You obviously didn't eat slices of bread with nothing on them. Do you miss your morning peanut butter and honey toast?

rice cakes and rice bread do not take any less peanut butter and honey than wheat bread does.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

ayyyyup..................