North Korea Plans on a Missle Attack Towards Hawaii

MissAnnika

Electoral Member
Jun 30, 2008
Ohau, Hawaii
TOKYO (AP) — North Korea may fire a long-range ballistic missile toward Hawaii in early July, a Japanese newspaper said Thursday, amid escalating tensions between the communist country and the United States over Pyongyang's nuclear and missile programs.
The missile, believed to be a long-range Taepodong-2 with a range of up to 4,000 miles (6,500 kilometers), would be launched from North Korea's Dongchang-ni site on the northwestern coast, said the Yomiuri daily, Japan's top-selling newspaper. The report cited an analysis by the Japanese Defense Ministry and intelligence gathered by U.S. reconnaissance satellites.
The Yomiuri said the Taepodong-2 could fly over Japan and toward Hawaii, but that it would not be able to hit the main islands of Hawaii, which lie about 4,500 miles (7,200 kilometers) from the Korean peninsula.
The missile launch could come between July 4 and 8, the paper said. It noted that North Korea had fired its first Taepodong-2 missile on July 4, 2006. Also, July 8 is the anniversary of the 1994 death of North Korea founder Kim Il Sung.
The Yomiuri report was the latest in mounting media speculation that the communist country could launch a long-range missile soon following its underground nuclear test on May 25.
A spokesman for the Japanese Defense Ministry declined to comment on the report. Officials from South Korea's Defense Ministry and the National Intelligence Service — the country's main spy agency — said they could not confirm it.
In Washington on Tuesday, Gen. James Cartwright, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said it would take at least three to five years for North Korea to pose a real threat to the West Coast of the United States.
North Korea is believed to have enough weaponized plutonium for at least half a dozen atomic bombs. The regime revealed last week that it is also producing enriched uranium. The two materials are key ingredients for making atomic bombs.
North Korea conducted its second nuclear test on May 25 following its first underground atomic blast in October 2006.
The United Nations last week punished North Korea over the May nuclear test by expanding an arms embargo and authorizing ship searches on the high seas in a bid to derail its nuclear and missile programs.
North Korea has claimed its nuclear bombs are a deterrent against the United States and accuses Washington of plotting with Seoul to topple its secretive regime — led by the unpredictable dictator Kim Jong Il who is reportedly preparing to hand over power to his 26-year-old youngest son, Jong Un.

I don't know how many of you know this about me but I live in Hawaii, so if something goes wrong. i'm sorry to say this may be my last post :(

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hawaii eh? Well I guess the US blasted away all the other islands and atolls with nukes aleady so not many other otions.

Sounds like the defenseless Japanese are creating fear to get support for a floatilla in the Sea of Japan or East China Sea.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Yomiuri report was the latest in mounting media speculation that the communist country could launch a long-range missile soon following its underground nuclear test on May 25

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It's just a GOP scam, the Project for a New American Century is looking for a 'modern day Pearl Harbour', and since their last try didn't work out so well, they're doing the real Pearl Harbour.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think that if the NKComs can wind up the elastic far enough they might hit Hawaii, my intelligence wing says Peril Harbour is the most believable target on or arround July forth (religious day off in Yankee America). this forcast has been beer reviewed DB

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
How was the oxygen systems in them old jets Juan?:smile:

I don't quite get the connection. Never had a problem with oxygen in the aircraft we flew. None were open cockpit where our silk scarves could wave in the breeze..;-):p

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I don't quite get the connection. Never had a problem with oxygen in the aircraft we flew. None were open cockpit where our silk scarves could wave in the breeze..;-):p

"I think Kim Jong Il has a death wish."

He and his administration have made billions off the use of nuclear weapons, Canada should have some.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I sure hope the US deploys one of the missile defense ships into the Pacific and if a launch occurrs shoots it down and never says a thing. That would sure mess with the NK minds. The threats NK makes against the world are almost laughable to me. Most folks probably don't realize it but when their Army marches across the big square passing in review of the glorious leader that is the whole Army with the exception of the Border Guards. BUT anyone with nuclear weapons capabilty deserves some serious attention.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's just a GOP scam, the Project for a New American Century is looking for a 'modern day Pearl Harbour', and since their last try didn't work out so well, they're doing the real Pearl Harbour.

If this was 6 years ago your argument may carry some weight but as of now the GOP is completely without power and the Democrats are running the show.