No Joe should never pardon Trump.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Specifically, what are Trump's crimes? Please SOMEONE let me know as he's accused of all sorts of crap without any proof. I've repeatedly asked both here & on Twitter, what specifically has Trump done and so far, no answers. Enlighten us please.
Does a president of the U.S. have to be charged with a crime before he is deemed unfit to continue as president. His reaction to Covid 19 alone ranks with the worst in the world. I'm sure there are enough corrupt lawyers defending Trump without the electorate having to jump on the bandwagon! After Jan. 20 I'm wondering if a cell with twin beds can be found for Trump and Guiliano

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Does a president of the U.S. have to be charged with a crime before he is deemed unfit to continue as president. His reaction to Covid 19 alone ranks with the worst in the world. I'm sure there are enough corrupt lawyers defending Trump without the electorate having to jump on the bandwagon! After Jan. 20 I'm wondering if a cell with twin beds can be found for Trump and Guiliano
Certainly doesn't matter if a person running for office is in the middle of a crime spree, see Joe and Hunter Biden

I'm willing to bet if Biden gets confirmed he will be impeached by July

Reactions: B00Mer and petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The only processes by which a president can be "deemed" unfit to continue, in any meaningful way, are impeachment or invocation of the XXV Amendment.

Grounds for impeachment: “President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States” shall be removed from office if convicted in an impeachment trial of “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U.S. Const., Art. II, sec. 4.

Grounds for invocation of the XXV Amendment: "Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President." U.S. Const., Amdt. XXV, sec. 4.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The only processes by which a president can be "deemed" unfit to continue, in any meaningful way, are impeachment or invocation of the XXV Amendment.

Grounds for impeachment: “President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States” shall be removed from office if convicted in an impeachment trial of “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U.S. Const., Art. II, sec. 4.

Grounds for invocation of the XXV Amendment: "Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President." U.S. Const., Amdt. XXV, sec. 4.
Good, after Jan. 20, whether Trump becomes president in 2024 is in the hands of the electorate! :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And if the president elect dies before his term begins, you will have your first female president;)

Question: does she get to pick a vice-president of her own or does the presidency fall to Nancy Pelosi? should she die in office?
According to Wiki, if he was already president, it would be Nancy P becoming VP. As an Elect, I have no idea.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And if the president elect dies before his term begins, you will have your first female president;)

Question: does she get to pick a vice-president of her own or does the presidency fall to Nancy Pelosi? should she die in office?
Are you "borrowing" trouble? :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Consecutive terms for sure! Anyway 2024 would be his second term, BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! :)
No, 2 terms total. I think there is a clause for a VP who comes in mid-term. Johnson could have run again in 1968 if he had chosen to for example. That is the only exception.

Reactions: DaSleeper