Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Pure Laine, perhaps! But I would say no more pure laine than the attackers on Charlie Hebdo, who surely see themselves as the purest of the pure. We can also say that la pure laine is very much alive in the US, Britain, Ireland, Scotish, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Italy, Germany, etc etc.....

...as Western civilization slips towards darkness. Every great civilization comes to an end, eventually.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can't think of anything much more tragic than the 6 deaths in the Quebec mosque, which seems to have pretty well consumed the news today. In British Columbia we are losing on average 4 lives a day from Fentanyl and the like. Is the loss of life here any less tragic?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I can't think of anything much more tragic than the 6 deaths in the Quebec mosque, which seems to have pretty well consumed the news today. In British Columbia we are losing on average 4 lives a day from Fentanyl and the like. Is the loss of life here any less tragic?

Right, right you are.

Move along. Move along.

They're just dead Muslims.

Move along.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
"Is the loss of life here any less tragic?"

Addiction can be managed/ controlled. And personal life choices are often involved.

Getting shot in the back when you're praying in Church is infinitely more tragic.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

The government response to the fentanyl crisis is probably greater than what the response to this shooting will be.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
"Is the loss of life here any less tragic?"

Addiction can be managed/ controlled. And personal life choices are often involved.

Getting shot in the back when you're praying in Church is infinitely more tragic.

You are literally prostrate, on your knees, praying and vulnerable. That is a very different state of being than cutting off the circulation in your own arm with a ligature, finding your own vein and sticking a needle full of garbage into your own vein that you "prepared" beforehand. Shooting Fentanyl is more analagous with playing Russian Roulette. Shooting unarmed people who are down on their knees praying is more analagous to shooting seven year olds in their classroom.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
In my car today with pre-teen daughters...

Girl: "Daddy. Why did that bad man shoot those people?'

Me: "Because he was a coward."

Girl: "Will they come to our city and kill us?"

Me: "No. And don't ever be afraid to go out anywhere. Do you know why?"

Girl: "Because that way the coward wins?"

(((SCREEEEEECHHHH!!!))}}}

U-Turn to Dairy Queen!! :)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
"80 people. What was the last one there, 300? Things are improving!

"Nice terror attack"

- mentalfloss

THAT'S IT?!

What's wrong with the first quote??

As for "Nice terror attack", mentalfloss was simply playing on the irony/ double meaning of the word "Nice" as it applied to a tragedy!

I'm glad I requested this old thread to clear things up.

Nothing to see here folks...move on.

I really meant nice just as a comparison to the ones with a larger exposure. I will agree that it was insensitive but by no accounts was I laughing at the victims.

If anything, I laugh at these fools who cannot even understand the psychology of terrorism or how to properly frame the scope of those acts.

It's the very reason why imbeciles like GWB lead us into a war that achieved nothing and was completely disproportional to the heinous act itself.

Hopefully we have more people like your daughters who don't cower to these offenders.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

It's self inflicted. Plus it's BC

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"80 people. What was the last one there, 300? Things are improving!

"Nice terror attack"

- mentalfloss

THAT'S IT?!

What's wrong with the first quote??

As for "Nice terror attack", mentalfloss was simply playing on the irony/ double meaning of the word "Nice" as it applied to a tragedy!

I'm glad I requested this old thread to clear things up.

Nothing to see here folks...move on.
Thing is: Mentalfloss is a cut and paste poster who worked Locutus's street corner and noses are out of joint 'cuz they're both a truckload shy of a brick