Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
lol!

Man this forum cracks me up sometimes! Much better than TV or the Movies. It's becoming my favourite reality show! :)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I don't know. I would expect the government to do little except a few gestures of outreach and speeches in parliament. I certainly wouldn't expect the government to spend billions of dollars on foreign wars and increased domestic surveillance.

It is all but impossible to be proactive tracking down what Ralph Goodale referred to today as a lone wolf. They don't belong to cells that may be tracked by security agencies and the idea of expanding those same agencies surveillance capabilities I doubt would go down well with most Canadians. It does mean that Canada is no more vulnerable to terrorist attacks then it was two days ago.

The Quebec police could do something though. This is the ninth time the mosque has been attacked so it is obviously a known target to the police. An increased police presence in the area might help prevent any further criminal acts.

Across Canada vigils are being held to honor the victims of last nights tragedy and to show solidarity with the Muslim community, I am with them in my heart.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
It was only a matter of time that this would start happening.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
It was only a matter of time that this would start happening.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long

Oh, you're okay!

When I read that the shooter was another 20-something, misogynist, ultra-right, white supremist loner, I was worried that you were in custody.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
The millennial shooter probably got caught while waiting for his getaway Uber ride...too lazy to run.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Muslims have to take some (if not most) responsibility for this as well.

When you go into someone else's house (country) you abide by the rules and practices of that household.
Muslims don't usually do this, they apply their rules whenever they can. That's because their Quran tells them they are superior and non Muslims are just infidels.

When you go to a Muslim country, they demand that you abide by their dress laws.

Canadians will only tolerate so much of this before you get hate groups.

This does not happen to any other religious group, only Muslims

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Oh, you're okay!

When I read that the shooter was another 20-something, misogynist, ultra-right, white supremist loner, I was worried that you were in custody.

It was only a matter of time that people wouldn't have any future too look forward to having in Canada. As people have less and less opportunity and the conditions of life continues to drop. People will start to have no future too look forward too and also nothing too lose. When you don't even have enough for yourself, it's natural to not care for others.

This is what we are witnessing in America. It's easy to care for others when you have everything you ever dreamed of. As soon as we are poor again things will change. It already has. There was enough poor people to vote in Trump.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Muslims have to take some (if not most) responsibility for this as well.

When you go into someone else's house (country) you abide by the rules and practices of that household.
Muslims don't usually do this, they apply their rules whenever they can. That's because their Quran tells them they are superior and non Muslims are just infidels.

When you go to a Muslim country, they demand that you abide by their dress laws.

Canadians will only tolerate so much of this before you get hate groups.

This does not happen to any other religious group, only Muslims

Ja! Ja! Zey are all schwein und untermenchen!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If all you have too look forward to is a $hitty life because of lack of opportunity. You will see more and more of this behaviour

Look at nazi Germany. Look at what they did when faced with nothing to lose.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I agree with Angstrom...

When the middle class is thriving, gun violence...racism...all of the bad stuff goes down. Hopefully Trump will be able to resurrect the middle class and then...er...the budget will balance itself.

(Er, I think you catch my drift)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
A human with no future doesn't give a fuk

When you're life is basically going to be a $hit show regardless. Why care for others?

Only a man with everything he needs starts to care for others

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
After the war, Germany was so fuked they said, the hell with it!!! Why should we care. We all going to live like poor bastards. Why should we care for others?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
This is what has happened to NA

You think rich people voted for Trump??? Hell no.

Poor people with nothing too lose voted for him.

What I'm shocked about is that there was enough people with nothing too lose in America to get him elected .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
After the war, Germany was so fuked they said, the hell with it!!! Why should we care. We all going to live like poor bastards. Why should we care for others?

Is this before or after they swept up all of the cremated bone remains of millions of the Muslim-like Juden who were the root of all of Germany's problems?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Is this before or after they swept up all of the cremated bone remains of millions the Muslim-like Juden who were the root of all of Germany's problems?

Who cares. The point is, As our country slowly declines people will become more violent. It's a mathematical certainty.

And aggressive candidates will have a chance of winning more election's

Because people won't care if we go to war. Why would you care if you have nothing too lose, and everything too gain.

If you want to maintain a peaceful society. You better make sure everyone has opportunities to succeed.