Most Canadian food?

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Is there a food that you day to yourself when you think about it..."That's Canadian food."

Also, where is it found in Canada the most?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Wouldn't call it anymore Canadian than most other things but every time I travel I keep an eye open for classic burger joints searching for the best burger and shake $10 can buy. Steer clear of the franchise. Could list 10 good spots. If your ever in Cache Creek BC check out Herbies. One of the best.

Recommendations appreciated if someone knows of a hidden gem.

Reactions: Mowich

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Wouldn't call it anymore Canadian than most other things but every time I travel I keep an eye open for classic burger joints searching for the best burger and shake $10 can buy. Steer clear of the franchise. Could list 10 good spots. If your ever in Cache Creek BC check out Herbies. One of the best.

I'd love to hear of some good places too!

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
You won't be disappointed with the Kiln in Stonewall MB or Sonia's just over the bridge in Lockport .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Serbian Club Regina

Serb Burger $10 for a one pound burger but no fries. 1/2lb with fries is $10 a well.

Reactions: B00Mer

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
fresh from the oven Corn bread w/homemade Cherry Jam

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Shady Rest in Qualicum Beach has an excellent Bison burger, comes with bacon relish.. Howlers in Ucluelet has a good Elk Burger.

Reactions: petros and Mowich

MikeStinson

Jan 11, 2021
I think I would also call burgers a classic Canadian dish, like most. I think everyone associates burgers with their country, it's a common dish. Maybe even pizza would be included in this number. The thing is that I love to eat these dishes since childhood and therefore I have such associations. I still eat pizza and burgers very often in food truck new york, they have amazing burgers. Of course, I am ready for new dishes and I actively study the cuisine of other countries and peoples, although not always successfully, but I still find it fascinating.

Reactions: TheShadow