Let's play: If an Election Were Held Today

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The NDP have said they will support the throne speech if the Liberals throw in some sick days for more people.

Haven't heard anything from the separatists yet - both their leaders are quarantined because they have covid.

Which is both hilarious and predictable.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Trudeau's energy policies set to hike home heating bills by $1,395

Can you name a leader dumb enough to raise one tax during an unprecedented economic crisis and bring in another that will make an essential part of staying alive in Canada about 60% more expensive?

If you said Justin Trudeau, well, good for you but I made it easy.

He hiked the carbon tax by 10 dollars a tonne- to $30- in April, about 2 weeks into the covid19 shutdown of the national economy.

Nearly one in four people in Alberta in July were on emergency CERB payments from the feds. It's a national catastrophe.

But Justin Trudeau has granted taxpayers noo mercy. stopping. He slapping you with another carbon tax, the clean fuel standard:

The Clean Fuel Standard regulations will cover all fossil fuels used in Canada. They will set separate requirements for liquid, gaseous, and solid fossil fuels. Environment and Climate Change Canada is developing the regulations in a phased approach, with liquid-fuel regulations being developed first followed by gaseous- and solid-fuel regulations.

The Clean Fuel Standard is complementary to other climate policies and investments under the Pan-Canadian Framework on Clean Growth and Climate Change—including carbon-pollution pricing. Together, these measures will reduce emissions across the economy and create incentives for innovation and clean growth.”

“Complementary” is Liberal for the new tax will be applied on top of the carbon tax on the same emissions. And it’s going to hurt.

Blacklock's Reporter broke the bad news yesterday:

“Natural gas will bear the brunt of the Clean Fuel Standard policy,” said the report: “The net losses of the policy annually amount to about $440 per employed person.”

Researchers said the green fuel regulations would impose a cost of $200 per tonne of emissions, the equivalent of four times the 10¢ per cubic metre carbon tax on natural gas. Most Canadians use natural gas for home heating, according to Statistics Canada.

Other analysts have confirmed the estimated overall cost of $200 per tonne of emissions, the equivalent of 40¢ per cubic metre of natural gas, including the Chemical Industry Association, Canadian Chamber of Commerce and Canadian Energy Research Institute. The Institute in a 2019 report Economic And Emissions Impacts Of Fuel Decarbonization put costs of the carbon tax and Clean Fuel Standard at a yearly average $1,395 per household by 2030.

Do have $440 extra to pay for home heating so Trudeau can phase out your oilpatch job, that is, if you still have one?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
It took the Liberals many years to piss me off. If the election was held today or in a few years from now, I won't be voting for them.

I may want to vote liberal but it won't be Liberal.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I'm sorry Mr. honorable Trudeau but you are asking for my vote.

You asking for more than I can give.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
The NDP have said they will support the throne speech if the Liberals throw in some sick days for more people.
Haven't heard anything from the separatists yet - both their leaders are quarantined because they have covid.
Which is both hilarious and predictable.

So, someone getting sick is hilarious?

Remember when your little friend had the same thing?

Vindictive little prick.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
If an election were held today:
Trudeau Liberals up 8 point over Conservatives in popular support if election called

Respondents rated Trudeau by a significant margin as the most decisive, intelligent, and charismatic leader
OTTAWA — A new poll suggests Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would be well placed to fight an election this fall, seen as the leader best able to care for Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic and to get the economy back on its feet.
Respondents to the poll, conducted by Leger and the Association for Canadian Studies, were split about the prospect of a confidence vote triggering a federal election this fall, with 42 per cent opposed to an election and 38 per cent in favour.
https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...wcm/732d09a8-bfe5-40db-ab12-732d7c7a8a55/amp/

Excuse me while I throw up!! Total nonsense of course.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
So, someone getting sick is hilarious?

Remember when your little friend had the same thing?

Vindictive little prick.
I don't know anybody who has had covid.

Maybe you need to work on those anger issues.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yep challenge his bluff
It is to late for the NDP , they blew their chance and now are firmly aligned with the Liberals , my take is Jagmeet Singh has sunk the party to single digits , why vote for them when you can simply vote Liberal and get the real thing . The Bloc will probably make further gains in Quebec and Conservatives will maintain the west . We will most likely get another minority situation but with NDP votes Liberals may find themselves another majority . Scary . The other possible wrench is if Western Parties can get organized how will that vote split affect seat counts , the PPC may still play a small role .