Let's play: If an Election Were Held Today

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hold out until after a very unmerry xmas then take a big majority after a pile of Liberal resignations.

Not a bad move.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We should have an election to bury the Trudeau fraud investigations?

Why give Trudeau an out without being held accountable?

Trudeau needs to resign in shame.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If an election were held today, nobody'd vote, because there's been no announcement, no campaigning, and it's half-past eight in the evening.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We should have an election to bury the Trudeau fraud investigations?
Why give Trudeau an out without being held accountable?
Trudeau needs to resign in shame.
TurdOWE needs to be humiliated in the election. One seat less than the greens would be an excellent outcome. Then the criminal cases can begin.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If an election were held today:

Trudeau Liberals up 8 point over Conservatives in popular support if election called

Respondents rated Trudeau by a significant margin as the most decisive, intelligent, and charismatic leader

OTTAWA — A new poll suggests Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would be well placed to fight an election this fall, seen as the leader best able to care for Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic and to get the economy back on its feet.

Respondents to the poll, conducted by Leger and the Association for Canadian Studies, were split about the prospect of a confidence vote triggering a federal election this fall, with 42 per cent opposed to an election and 38 per cent in favour.

The fact that the Liberals & Team Trudeau aren't polling in the 60% range is telling all by itself as Parliament (with a few short exceptions) has been shut down for 1/2 a year now and only Justin has been getting any airtime to speak of between his scandals and his daily doorstep staged press conferences.

Elections campaigns in Canada must be a minimum 36 days and a maximum 50 days.

For this reason alone, if there was an election held today, the Liberals would most certainly NOT get re-elected.
Do you think Justin could go 36-50 days without wearing Blackface or assaulting another PM or throwing another member of his own cabinet under the bus to cover his own ethical shortfalls or having another scandal or criminal act come to the surface? I'm assuming only the tip of the Liberal corruption iceberg has seen the light of day so far. I'm assuming he'd to busy buying Canadians votes with their own (and their children's & grandchildren's) money to defend his own record just like the last time...but these are just assumptions based upon five years of prior acts so far.

From: http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...attempt-to-use-covid-to-push-his-green-agenda

The only settled and unchanging characteristic of the global warmist brigade is their overt, continuous and super-hyped hostility toward the oil and gas industry. And in no country is that hostility more manifest than in Canada. Global Warming Inc., and all its fronts and allies, have made protesting against Canadian oil and gas its full-time occupation. They protest, blockade, clog the courts, propagandize and fundraise against Alberta oil and gas, in particular, and have done so now for three decades.

They have effectively choked the industry’s growth and have hindered the export of our great resource by halting the construction of pipelines that are needed to bring the product to markets outside Canada and the United States. Nearly four years ago, the same global warmists received a great gift: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who was then attended by his first and most significant aide and mentor, Gerald Butts, a staunch opponent of the oil and gas industry. A great part of the gift was the prime minister’s public embrace of what its advocates call “the fight against global warming.”

Trudeau tied his government to the global cause, made it the subject of boasts in international settings and has been relentless in reminding Canadians that he intends for this country “to be a leader in the fight against climate change.” While failing to keep his promises on issues such as reconciling with Canada’s First Nations, Trudeau’s crusade to save the world from global warming through the throttling of Canada’s oil and gas industry has remained constant. He has passed legislation designed to hogtie development, and implemented new regulations that work to the same effect. We have had a useless carbon tax imposed on us from up high, without any relief, even during the COVID-19 crisis.

I would wager that there is no other government in the world, democratic or otherwise, that is so intent on doing damage to one of its country’s main industries as the Liberal government in Ottawa. This stance has reawakened Western unrest, worked a real cleavage in the federation and has left those who have lost work, or who are looking for work, in the oil and gas industry, demoralized and angry.

For the past five months, the whole country, like the rest of the world, has endured the anxious and painful efforts to minimize the impact of COVID-19. The most radical measure in that effort — and one that, despite its hardships, was accepted with commendable unanimity by the population — was the almost total shuttering of the Canadian economy.

The economic wreckage wrought by COVID-19 containment has yet to be fully measured, but we know it is vast. Jobs lost, businesses gone under, taxes foregone, unemployment high. Plus, our government is carrying a debt load that will take generations to dissolve. So if ever there was a time for all Canadian industries — particularly Canadian resource industries, which are the engine of Canada’s economy — to finally be given support, this is emphatically it. But, as those paying attention to government statements on how it plans to address the economic recovery will know, that is not going to be the case.

I quoted our new economic czar, Chrystia Freeland, in my last column, saying, “I think all Canadians understand that the restart of our economy needs to be green.” (?) To which I asked, “Where, oh where, did she pick up that strange understanding?” Maybe this would be true if there were a poll taken on Pluto, assuming a few Canadians are there, but not from the Canadians on the planet we are already familiar with.

There is no basis whatsoever for asserting that all Canadians believe (or want) the recovery to be “green.” What that statement really represents in this government’s grossly cynical attempt to leverage the great health crisis of our time, and the dislocation and anxiety surrounding it, as an instrument to pursue its one unfailing objective: to blunt, wound and radically downscale our central natural resource industry.

A recent Bloomberg article on the Liberals’ recovery plans makes the point explicitly: “One line of thinking says they will go for large-scale investment in renewable energy and other green initiatives selling it as a job-creation package that can help Canada get past its reliance on exporting oil and gas.” An ideological fixation — global warming — is taking over genuine efforts to fix the economy. It is, to revive one of the most depressing utterances in politics, a perfect example of the maxim, “never let a crisis go to waste.”

It is a brutal thing to put ideology over economic security, over jobs and workers and industries; to use the COVID-19 crisis as an “opportunity” to push a predetermined green and globalist agenda. A “green” recovery will, if undertaken, be a conflict in terms. It will stall growth, result in vast “investments” of taxpayer money into ventures that will not succeed (see Ontario’s green shift) and, most deplorably, fully radicalize the distemper already felt out West over how the “East” cares nothing for Alberta and the oil-producing provinces. It is wrong-footed. It will not work. And it will rip our country apart.

This sounds about right, and what we can expect to hear when Justin allows Parliament to open again (I'm assuming briefly) in late September of 2020 before he shuts it down again when his record of corruption and scandals is brought up again.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes, I'm sure Liberal supporters would be fine re-electing them under Freeland if Trudeau stepped down.

And they sure as hell wouldn't support Erin O'Stool if he continues to harbour Derek Sloan.
Has Derek Sloan ever been convicted of any crime? Since when do the citizens of any other riding get to vote for either of them?
Do you even know how our electoral system works?
I know nothing about this Derek Sloan, so what's the punchline with him? Has he been caught wearing Blackface or in repeated ethics scandals or something? Elbow another MP in the tits or Grope a reporters arse? What is this Derek Sloan to be demonized for? Has his family and friends been on the dole of some 'Charity' and he got caught feeding tax dollars back to it in a golden handshake or has the ineffective ethics commissioner failed in giving him a pee-pee whack as he's flouted his contempt of the Canadian public repeatedly? Is he an out of touch hypocritical 'do as I say but not as I do' trust-fund douche-bag that has no idea how most Canadians function of a day to day basis?

The only two things I could find are:
1) During the railway terrorist blockades, he stated that the Police & RCMP should do their jobs (Just as Andrew Sheer did?)?
2) Back in April (a month into the COVID fiasco) he questioned Theresa Tam on her handling & role in the Covid situation when he asked if she worked for Canada or China (regarding the W.H.O. flawed data she relied on that cost lives early on in the Pandemic?)? If it is this second option, was Derek Sloan wearing the 'Charlie Chan' costume from Justin Trudeau's tickle trunk when he asked this?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I know nothing about this Derek Sloan, so what's the punchline with him? Has he been caught wearing Blackface or in repeated ethics scandals or something? Elbow another MP in the tits or Grope a reporters arse? What is this Derek Sloan to be demonized for? Has his family and friends been on the dole of some 'Charity' and he got caught feeding tax dollars back to it in a golden handshake or has the ineffective ethics commissioner failed in giving him a pee-pee whack as he's flouted his contempt of the Canadian public repeatedly? Is he an out of touch hypocritical 'do as I say but not as I do' trust-fund douche-bag that has no idea how most Canadians function of a day to day basis?
The only two things I could find are:
1) During the railway terrorist blockades, he stated that the Police & RCMP should do their jobs (Just as Andrew Sheer did?)?
2) Back in April (a month into the COVID fiasco) he questioned Theresa Tam on her handling & role in the Covid situation when he asked if she worked for Canada or China (regarding the W.H.O. flawed data she relied on that cost lives early on in the Pandemic?)? If it is this second option, was Derek Sloan wearing the 'Charlie Chan' costume from Justin Trudeau's tickle trunk when he asked this?
Best I can tell Derek Sloan committed to the irreconcilable sin of having a bad case of religion.(not the globull warming kind)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
If an election were held today:
Trudeau Liberals up 8 point over Conservatives in popular support if election called

Respondents rated Trudeau by a significant margin as the most decisive, intelligent, and charismatic leader
OTTAWA — A new poll suggests Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would be well placed to fight an election this fall, seen as the leader best able to care for Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic and to get the economy back on its feet.
Respondents to the poll, conducted by Leger and the Association for Canadian Studies, were split about the prospect of a confidence vote triggering a federal election this fall, with 42 per cent opposed to an election and 38 per cent in favour.
https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...wcm/732d09a8-bfe5-40db-ab12-732d7c7a8a55/amp/

I will be voting for Maxine Bernier of the People's Party of Canada. Bernier is the only Canadian politician that is really talking about the problems facing Canada today. All we will get from those ahole politicians that you mentioned above are more taxes, more government, and less freedom. Covid has been a real game changer and blessing for them. Now they can all play dictator and ruin and run everybody's life. Listen to them or else it will be fines or jail time.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Canadians are overwhelmingly going to vote Liberals, due to the Trump effect. No fan of Trudeau, but it is what it is.

While your opinion is accurate enough to worry me, I also have to give Canadian voters the credit they deserve for voting 3 times for CPC which was as much of a pro-CPC vote as it was an anti-Liberal party vote.

I think - with all the Liberal scandals - that we are facing a similar situation where everything we like about CPC and everything we hate about the Liberals are piling up again.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Liberals, Tories in dead heat ahead of throne speech but neither in majority territory: Ipsos

The Liberals and Conservatives are in a virtual dead heat nationally among decided voters just as the government prepares to unveil what it has vowed will be an “ambitious” throne speech on Wednesday.

Neither, however, appear to be in majority territory.

A poll done by Ipsos exclusively for Global News asked 1,000 Canadians over the 18 of age to weigh in on questions posed about their voting intentions and preferences.

The margin of error is within 3.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

Read more: Ahead of throne speech, Canadians see coronavirus pandemic, jobs as top concerns, Ipsos poll finds

According to the responses, 33 per cent of decided voters say they would vote Liberal while 32 per cent said the same for the Conservatives if an election were held tomorrow. Twenty per cent would vote for the NDP with eight per cent for the Greens and six per cent going to the Bloc Québécois.

As well, a single-digit lead in Ontario for the Liberals over the Conservatives suggests if an election were held tomorrow, Canadians could see another minority government sent to Ottawa.....More

With 14% undecided to sway the election one way or another