Joe Biden

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You gave me a GREAT idea, Merc!

Biden should give a big ol' televised Address to the Nation. Sitting at the desk in the Oval Office, he should look sincerely at the camera and say "It's very important to obey the speed limits and stop for red lights. Good night, and Gawd bless Murka."

Should cut down on the MAGAhat portion of the electorate nicely.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
You gave me a GREAT idea, Merc!

Biden should give a big ol' televised Address to the Nation. Sitting at the desk in the Oval Office, he should look sincerely at the camera and say "It's very important to obey the speed limits and stop for red lights. Good night, and Gawd bless Murka."

Should cut down on the MAGAhat portion of the electorate nicely.
you got all that from sniffing what comes out of BiDumb's ass?

man, that's some potent shit!

lol

:?D

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
you got all that from sniffing what comes out of BiDumb's ass?

man, that's some potent shit!

lol

:?D
Your anal fixation is between you and your (electro-shock) therapist.

I got it from your reflexive certainty that anything Biden says is a lie.

Now go drink some Clorox and shove a UV lamp up your ass, as your own personal Jesus recommends.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Republicans subpoena president's relatives as impeachment inquiry ramps up
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Published Nov 08, 2023 • 4 minute read
House Republicans will subpoena Hunter and James Biden, taking the most aggressive step yet in their impeachment inquiry. (AP Photo/File)
House Republicans will subpoena Hunter and James Biden, taking the most aggressive step yet in their impeachment inquiry.
WASHINGTON — House Republicans issued subpoenas Wednesday to members of President Joe Biden’s family, taking their most aggressive step yet in an impeachment inquiry bitterly opposed by Democrats that is testing the reach of congressional oversight powers.

The long-awaited move by Rep. James Comer, the chair of the House oversight committee, to subpoena the president’s son Hunter and brother James came as Republicans look to gain ground in their nearly yearlong investigation. So far, they have failed to uncover evidence directly implicating the president in any wrongdoing.

But Republicans said the evidence trail they have uncovered paints a troubling picture of “influence peddling” by Biden’s family in their business dealings, particularly with clients overseas.

“Now, the House oversight committee is going to bring in members of the Biden family and their associates to question them on this record of evidence,” Comer said in a statement.

The stakes are exceedingly high as the inquiry could result in Republicans bringing impeachment charges against Biden, the ultimate penalty for what the U.S. Constitution describes as “high crimes and misdemeanors.”

The subpoenas demand that Hunter and James as well as former business associate Rob Walker appear before the oversight committee for a deposition by mid-December. Lawmakers also requested that James’s wife Sara as well as Hallie Biden, the wife of the president’s deceased son Beau, appear voluntarily for transcribed interviews.

Requests for comment from Hunter Biden and James Biden were not immediately returned.

Both the White House and the Biden family’s personal lawyers have dismissed the investigation as a political ploy aimed at hurting the Democratic president. They said the probe is a blatant attempt to help former president Donald Trump, the early front-runner for the 2024 GOP presidential nomination, as he runs again for the White House.

“These subpoenas and interview requests are yet further proof that this sham impeachment inquiry is driven only by the demands of the vengeful and prevaricating Donald Trump,” Rep. Jamie Raskin, the top Democrat on the oversight committee, said in a statement.

Hunter’s attorney Abbe Lowell called the subpoenas “yet another political stunt” and said the investigation has been full of “worn-out, false, baseless or debunked claims.

“Nevertheless, Hunter is eager to have the opportunity, in a public forum and at the right time, to discuss these matters with the committee,” he added.

The impeachment inquiry slowed down in early October after Kevin McCarthy was ousted as Speaker by a handful of fellow Republicans, stalling legislative business and congressional investigations as the conference spent weeks deliberating his replacement before electing Mike Johnson late last month.

Now settling into the speakership, Johnson has given his blessing to the inquiry and has hinted that a decision could come soon on whether to pursue articles of impeachment against Joe Biden.

“I think we have a constitutional responsibility to follow this truth where it leads,” Johnson told Fox News Channel recently. He also said in a separate Fox interview that he would support Comer’s decision to subpoena the president’s son, saying “desperate times call for desperate measures and that perhaps is overdue.”

In a letter to Johnson on Wednesday morning, Lowell had urged the new Speaker to rein in the “partisan political games.”

Since January, Republicans have been investigating the Biden family for what they claim is a pattern of “influence peddling” spanning back to when Biden was Barack Obama’s vice-president. Comer claims the committee had “uncovered a mountain of evidence” that he said would show how Biden abused his power and repeatedly lied about a “wall” between his political position and his son’s private business dealings.

While questions have arisen about the ethics surrounding the Biden family’s international business, no evidence has emerged to prove that Biden, in his current or previous office, abused his role or accepted bribes.

Over the summer, Republicans expanded their investigation to include oversight of the ongoing Justice Department investigation into Hunter and allegations that the case was plagued with interference.

One focus of the congressional inquiry has been whether the now-special counsel overseeing the case, David Weiss, had full authority to bring charges against the president’s younger son. In an unprecedented interview Tuesday, Weiss told lawmakers that he was the “decision-maker” in a years-long case into Hunter’s taxes and gun use.

No one at the Justice Department, including U.S. attorneys or the tax division, blocked or prevented him from pursuing charges or taking other necessary steps in the investigation, Weiss said.

The five-year investigation into Hunter had been expected to end with a plea deal this summer, but it imploded during a July plea hearing. Weiss has now charged the president’s son with three firearms felonies related to the 2018 purchase of a gun during a period Hunter has acknowledged being addicted to drugs. No new tax charges have been filed.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Secret Service agents protecting Biden’s granddaughter open fire when 3 people try to break into SUV
Associated Press
Michael Balsamo
Published Nov 13, 2023 • 1 minute read

WASHINGTON — Secret Service agents protecting President Joe Biden’s granddaughter opened fire after three people tried to break into an unmarked Secret Service vehicle in the nation’s capital, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press.

The agents, assigned to protect Naomi Biden, were out with her in the Georgetown neighbourhood late Sunday night when they saw the three people breaking a window of the parked and unoccupied SUV, the official said. The official could not discuss details of the investigation publicly and spoke to the AP on Monday on the condition of anonymity.

One of the agents opened fire, but no one was struck by the gunfire, the Secret Service said in a statement. The three people were seen fleeing in a red car, and the Secret Service said it put out a regional bulletin to Metropolitan Police to be on the lookout for it.

Washington has seen a significant rise in the number of carjackings and car thefts this year. Police have reported more than 750 carjackings this year and more than 6,000 reports of stolen vehicles in the district. U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar of Texas was carjacked near the Capitol last month by three armed assailants, who stole his car but didn’t physically harm him.

Violent crime in Washington has also been on the rise this year, up more than 40% compared with last year. In February, U.S. Rep. Angie Craig of Minnesota was assaulted in her apartment building, suffering bruises while escaping serious injury.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Obama’s former advisor warns Biden’s age is a major concern for voters
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Published Nov 13, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Former U.S. president Barack Obama’s ex-advisor has warned that President Joe Biden’s age is a major concern for voters – and a major headache for Democrats.

David Axelrod appeared on CNN over the weekend — with anchor Dana Bash and former Rep. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan — when the discussion turned to how polling shows Biden, who turns 81 on Nov. 20, might not be the strongest presidential nominee for the Democratic Party.

“I have no concerns about polls a year out. I mean, you have to look at them and analyze them and adjust,” Axelrod suggested, according to Fox News.

“But I was in a situation as a strategist for Barack Obama in 2011 where we were facing some difficult polls,” he continued. “The one number in the polling that was concerning, and in the CNN poll that followed after The New York Times poll, had to do with age, and that is one thing you can’t reverse no matter how effective Joe Biden is behind the scenes.”

Axelrod said the country is in a “sour mood,” and has been since before the last presidential election.

Axelrod is often faced with questions about whether Biden should drop out of the race.

“I want him to consider what is best in terms of the goal that I know he is committed to, which is defeating Donald Trump,” he told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer last week, according to Fox.

“And if he believes, based on not just what’s in his heart, but what’s in the data and what he’s being told, that he has the best chance to do it, then he should run,” he said.

CNN’s survey from last week found that 74% of voters do not believe the president “has the stamina and sharpness to be president.”

Meanwhile, 47% of respondents said they do not believe Trump “has the stamina and sharpness to be president.”

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Obama’s former advisor warns Biden’s age is a major concern for voters
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Published Nov 13, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Former U.S. president Barack Obama’s ex-advisor has warned that President Joe Biden’s age is a major concern for voters – and a major headache for Democrats.

David Axelrod appeared on CNN over the weekend — with anchor Dana Bash and former Rep. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan — when the discussion turned to how polling shows Biden, who turns 81 on Nov. 20, might not be the strongest presidential nominee for the Democratic Party.

“I have no concerns about polls a year out. I mean, you have to look at them and analyze them and adjust,” Axelrod suggested, according to Fox News.

“But I was in a situation as a strategist for Barack Obama in 2011 where we were facing some difficult polls,” he continued. “The one number in the polling that was concerning, and in the CNN poll that followed after The New York Times poll, had to do with age, and that is one thing you can’t reverse no matter how effective Joe Biden is behind the scenes.”

Axelrod said the country is in a “sour mood,” and has been since before the last presidential election.

Axelrod is often faced with questions about whether Biden should drop out of the race.

“I want him to consider what is best in terms of the goal that I know he is committed to, which is defeating Donald Trump,” he told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer last week, according to Fox.

“And if he believes, based on not just what’s in his heart, but what’s in the data and what he’s being told, that he has the best chance to do it, then he should run,” he said.

CNN’s survey from last week found that 74% of voters do not believe the president “has the stamina and sharpness to be president.”

Meanwhile, 47% of respondents said they do not believe Trump “has the stamina and sharpness to be president.”
I called it months ago when I said they will play the senile card to shield the "big guy" from corruption charges and pull him out for 2024.

Youd have to be blind as a bat to not see Gavin Newsom being staged in to replace Joe. They would never have had Newsom go to China nor would Newsom being hosting Xi in San Franciski.

It's all infront of your eyes.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Joe Biden mixes up Britney Spears and Taylor Swift at turkey pardoning
The mix-up comes after polls suggest most Americans think Biden is too old to run for re-election next year

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Published Nov 21, 2023 • Last updated 1 day ago • 3 minute read

Oops, he did it again.

U.S. President Joe Biden made yet another epic gaffe when he accidentally confused singers Britney Spears and Taylor Swift during the annual Thanksgiving turkey pardon.

As he stumbled through a speech in which he spoke about the arduous journey pardoned turkeys, Liberty and Bell, had to go through, Biden, who celebrated his 81st birthday on Monday, tried to make a joke that landed with a thud.

“Just to get here, Liberty and Bell had to beat some tough odds and competition. They had to work hard, to show patience, and be willing to travel over 1,000 miles,” Biden said, referring to Beyonce’s world tour. Then, he struggled as he tried to recall Swift’s name, confusing her with Spears.

“Or, or Britney’s tour,” he added. “She’s down in — it’s kind of warm in Brazil right now.”

Swift’s Eras tour is currently making its way through Brazil and she played a show at Estadio Olímpico Nilton Santos in Rio de Janeiro Monday night.

The mix-up comes after an August poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 77% of U.S. adults, including 69% of Democrats, viewed Biden as too old to be effective for four more years. He is already the oldest sitting president in U.S. history.

As he marked his birthday Monday, GOP front-runner Donald Trump released a letter from his physician that reports the former president is in “excellent” physical and mental health.

According to the AP, Dr. Bruce A. Aronwald, a New Jersey physician who says he has been Trump’s doctor since 2021 and most recently examined him in September, reported that Trump’s “physical exams were well within the normal range and his cognitive exams were exceptional.”

Trump, who is 77, went one step further and bragged about his mental abilities in a series of Truth Social posts, reminding followers that he “ACED” a “mental acuity test.”

He also told told NBC’s Meet the Press in September that an elderly leader wasn’t a bad thing for America. “It’s always time for a new generation. But, you know, some of the greatest world leaders have been in their 80s,” Trump said in an interview. “And Biden’s not too old. I don’t think Biden’s too old. But I think he’s incompetent, and that’s a bigger problem.”

Trump doubled down on his assessment of Biden’s competence at the California Republican Party convention last month.

“Does anybody think he’s going to make it to the starting gate?” Trump asked as the crowd thundered back “no!”

“I mean the guy can’t find his way off of a stage. Look, here’s a stage … I’ve never seen this stupid stage before. I’ve never seen it. But if I walk left there’s a stair and if I walk right there’s a stair,” Trump joked, before starting to spin in circles and throwing his hands up in the air. “This guy gets up [and asks], ‘Where am I? Where the hell am I?’”

The rant was seemingly a swipe at Biden’s gaffe exiting a rally in Pittsburgh last year.

“How is it possible that Joe Biden never knows how to leave the stage?” Outkick founder Clay Travis asked at the time, sharing a clip of the incident on social media. “Every speech. He’s always lost if there isn’t someone to immediately grab his elbow and lead him.”

In September, the commander-in-chief made another blunder while meeting Brazil’s president, walking into a giant flag onstage and wandering off when Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva tried to offer him his hand during a meeting at the United Nations.

But Biden showed he still has a sense of humour as he marked his 81st birthday this week.

“Thanks for the birthday well-wishes today, everyone,” he captioned a photo showing himself smiling in front of a fiery birthday cake on Instagram. “Turns out on your 146th birthday, you run out of space for candles!”

He also made a joke on Threads, a new social media platform from Meta. “I turned 81 and all I got was a new social platform!,” he said. “Thanks for the well-wishes, folks.”

As he marked the occasion, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre also said the president’s age should not be a focus of next year’s election.

“What we say is we have to judge him by what he’s done, not by his numbers,” Jean-Pierre said. “I would put the president’s stamina, the president’s wisdom, ability to get this done on behalf of the American people, against anyone. Anyone, any day of the week.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

X: @markhdaniell

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
’If Trump wasn’t running I’m not sure I’d be running. We cannot let him win’
Associated Press
Darlene Superville
Published Dec 06, 2023 • Last updated 3 days ago • 4 minute read

BOSTON (AP) — President Joe Biden told campaign donors Tuesday that he wasn’t sure he’d be running for reelection if Donald Trump wasn’t also in the race, warning that democracy is “more at risk in 2024” and that the former president and his allies are out to “destroy” democratic institutions.

The president was using a trio of fundraisers to caution against what might happen should his predecessor again claim control of the White House, noting that Trump has described himself as his supporters’ “retribution” and has vowed to root out “vermin” in the country.

“We’ve got to get it done, not because of me. … If Trump wasn’t running I’m not sure I’d be running. We cannot let him win,” Biden said, hitting the last words slowly for emphasis.

Biden’s forceful rhetoric came as Trump, the current GOP front-runner, who tried to overturn the 2020 election he lost and is facing criminal charges connected to those efforts, attempted over the weekend to turn the tables by calling Biden the “destroyer of American democracy.”

Trump on Tuesday was asked by Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity to promise he “would never abuse power as retribution against anybody.”

“Except for day one,” Trump responded. “I want to close the border and I want to drill, drill, drill.”

“After that I’m not a dictator,” Trump added.

Biden’s campaign quickly seized on the comments with an email that read, “Donald Trump: Day One Dictator.” Later, Biden was asked by reporters whether he would be running if Trump wasn’t and gave a slightly different comment, saying, “I expect so, but look, he is running and I have to run.”

He was asked if he would drop out if Trump did and said, “No, not now.”

Biden, who said he is not alone in sounding the alarm over Trump, noted that Trump is the “only losing candidate” in U.S. history to not accept the results. Biden also said that on Jan. 6, 2021, as Trump supporters violently stormed the U.S. Capitol in a failed attempt to stop the certification of the election results, Trump sat in his dining room just off the Oval Office, “watching them threaten his own vice president.”

Biden also highlighted recent warnings about Trump from former Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., calling her a “powerful voice.”

“American democracy, I give you my word as a Biden, is at stake,” the president said at the first of three campaign fundraisers in the Boston area. Drawing some laughter from donors, Biden also mused: “He didn’t even show up at my inauguration. I can’t say I was disappointed, but he didn’t even show up.”

The warnings by Biden are increasingly part of his pitch to donors: that democracy is at stake if Trump were to win again and he must be defeated. The president is pushing to raise money for his reelection effort before the end of the year, appearing at seven events through Monday — with more to come. The events in Boston on Tuesday benefit his campaign and the broader Democratic Party.

They included an evening event in the city’s theater district featuring a concert by singer-songwriter James Taylor, who helped kick off a White House event in 2022 celebrating the Inflation Reduction Act, a climate and health care bill that Biden signed into law.

Onstage, Biden joked to the packed theater audience that he wouldn’t be long because he knew he was “the only thing standing” between the audience and the performance by Taylor.

“We’re always going to defend protect and fight for democracy,” he said. “That’s why I’m running.”

November was the campaign’s strongest grassroots fundraising month since Biden formally announced last April that he was seeking a second term, according to a campaign official who insisted on anonymity to discuss campaign finances before details are made public. The numbers will be released in January.

In October, Biden and the Democratic National Committee reported raising more than $71 million for his reelection in the three months ending Sept. 30, a sign that donors remained behind him going into the 2024 presidential race.

Biden had only political events on his public schedule for Tuesday, which is rare. Presidents who are running for reelection typically include an official event, like a policy speech, on the schedule to help defray costs for their campaign.

Biden will also attend a fundraiser Wednesday near the White House and another one Monday in Philadelphia. He’ll headline fundraisers in Washington, D.C., and in Maryland later in December.

On Friday, Biden will head to Los Angeles for a big-dollar event that will be his first since strikes by writers and actors effectively ground his fundraising to a halt in the heart of the entertainment industry, which has long served as a major source of campaign money for Democrats.

The event is slated to be at the home of Michael Smith, a celebrity interior designer who decorated the White House for President Barack Obama, and Smith’s partner, James Costos, a former HBO executive who was Obama’s ambassador to Spain. It is expected to raise millions of dollars and draw a crowd of celebrities. Rocker Lenny Kravitz is slated to perform.

Film director Steven Spielberg and his wife, Kate Capshaw, who starred in “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,” are among the hosts of the event, as are recording industry mogul David Geffen, “Scandal” showrunner Shonda Rhimes and “This is Spinal Tap” director Rob Reiner, according to an invitation obtained by the AP.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is also a co-host. Barbra Streisand is set to attend.

As of the last fundraising reporting deadline at the end of September, Biden and his party reported $91 million cash on hand. He is helped by the fact that as the party’s leader he has entered into a joint fundraising agreement with the Democratic National Committee, as well as state parties, which enables him to receive a check from a single donor that is in the range of $1 million.