Jody Wilson-Raybould

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I still can't believe we've gotten to the point where elected officials receive a pension after only 6 years in office! They supposedly ran for office to "serve Canadians" how is it they receive a pension after only 6 years? How did that happen and why the hell are we allowing it. They work for us and believe it or not, it's illegal for any company to provide the same plan (not that they could afford to). It's disgusting, that's for sure. If anything, they should only get a basic payout if they lose their seats - say $1000 plus moving expenses if applicable. I'd be fine with that!

Reactions: JLM and Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Seems like a real good strategy with an election on the horizon.

Elizabeth May did a good job of looking after herself and her inner circle for 13 years while at the same time contributing zero to the country. She will have a wonderful pension.
I suppose being the leader of a political party that endured for 13 years deserves some sort of pension! I'm not a Green supporter!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I guess I don't hear everything but that is certainly contrary to what I've heard! Something obviously bothers you about her & I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what it is.
She does not play well with others, JLM. Arrogance and entitlement among her worst characteristics.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I still can't believe we've gotten to the point where elected officials receive a pension after only 6 years in office! They supposedly ran for office to "serve Canadians" how is it they receive a pension after only 6 years? How did that happen and why the hell are we allowing it. They work for us and believe it or not, it's illegal for any company to provide the same plan (not that they could afford to). It's disgusting, that's for sure. If anything, they should only get a basic payout if they lose their seats - say $1000 plus moving expenses if applicable. I'd be fine with that!
That's sickened me from day 1. It certainly isn't fair. I worked for the Government and I had to put in 35 years to qualify for a pension that is piddling compared to their's.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She does not play well with others, JLM. Arrogance and entitlement among her worst characteristics.
I guess if they are her worst it isn't too bad and it's even understandable up to a point. She was the atty. general and that in itself sets her apart from other M.P.s AND I believe not even the P.M. is allowed to be interfering with her duties, so I kind of think she was within her rights. Atty. General is almost sacred!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I guess if they are her worst it isn't too bad and it's even understandable up to a point. She was the atty. general and that in itself sets her apart from other M.P.s AND I believe not even the P.M. is allowed to be interfering with her duties, so I kind of think she was within her rights. Atty. General is almost sacred!
She was totally out of bounds when she had the absolute gall to criticize the outcome of the Gerald Stanley's trial. Her remarks only added fuel to the fire that was raging over the killing of the kid that trespassed on the farm. As AG she knew better yet just couldn't keep her mouth shut.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She was totally out of bounds when she had the absolute gall to criticize the outcome of the Gerald Stanley's trial. Her remarks only added fuel to the fire that was raging over the killing of the kid that trespassed on the farm. As AG she knew better yet just couldn't keep her mouth shut.
I hadn't actually followed her involvement in the Gerald Stanley and as you have said her remarks were out of line. In her defense I wonder if her ancestrial background may have had some bearing on the faux pas, not that it would excuse it. As the old adage goes "blood is thicker than water. I agree she made a mistake and was wrong but it doesn't seem all that bad when placed next to Trudeau's hundreds of mistakes!

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Elected as a Liberal and now sitting as an independent. Curious if the riding will support snipping the ties to the Ottawa friends of friends club. Probably that is what the other whacko was talking about. Everyone knows who is safe and who is not.

She is a lawyer and has all kinds of connections to keep her busy. Might be that she chooses to move on opposed to continue putting up with the crap.

Stepping back can be a blessing.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I hadn't actually followed her involvement in the Gerald Stanley and as you have said her remarks were out of line. In her defense I wonder if her ancestrial background may have had some bearing on the faux pas, not that it would excuse it. As the old adage goes "blood is thicker than water. I agree she made a mistake and was wrong but it doesn't seem all that bad when placed next to Trudeau's hundreds of mistakes!
She was the Attorney General of Canada when she knowingly went against the strictures of her office and publicly addressed the courts ruling, JLM. Trudeau had nothing to with it and he is a completely separate issue. There is no excuse for her behavior - none at all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She was the Attorney General of Canada when she knowingly went against the strictures of her office and publicly addressed the courts ruling, JLM. Trudeau had nothing to with it and he is a completely separate issue. There is no excuse for her behavior - none at all.
While I agree with what you say, we shouldn't be carrying it on after 3 years! There have been very few attorneys general across the country over the years and there are very few of us qualified to pass judgment on the position. :)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
While I agree with what you say, we shouldn't be carrying it on after 3 years! There have been very few attorneys general across the country over the years and there are very few of us qualified to pass judgment on the position. :)
Well, dear we'll just have to agree to disagree. We are both entitled to our opinions and I respect yours but disagree all the same.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That would be Chrystia? Have to give her credit for some intelligence, I think she's just taking advantage of an opportunity that she won't see too often!
of course she is. One of the bigger problems with politics in Canada is merit being the last criteria for positions.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
of course she is. One of the bigger problems with politics in Canada is merit being the last criteria for positions.
I''m not sure that holds true in Chrystia's case (she did quite well renegotiating NAFTA). Trudeau is almost TOTALLY lacking in merit. or I should say "a brain". I'd say with what Justin started with Chrystia and Jody were the two top talents Ralph, being a close third!

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
I''m not sure that holds true in Chrystia's case (she did quite well renegotiating NAFTA). Trudeau is almost TOTALLY lacking in merit. or I should say "a brain". I'd say with what Justin started with Chrystia and Jody were the two top talents Ralph, being a close third!
New plan is Mark Carney 2.0.

Chrystia will be tossed with the dish water when the time comes.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Freeland lost all tactical advantage in the USCM negotiations, she tried bashing Trump while kissing up to Dem. house leaders and thought she had a pact with Mexico. Mexico used her to negotiate the better deal Dems. were helpless and the Trump team held their ground due to her attitude, her back was against the wall because Trump was going to sign a bilateral deal with Mexico excluding Canada. All she accomplished was getting the trade dispute clause back in and retain Dairy and egg monopoly less 15%. Lost everything else including the US guarantee to purchase 80% of Canadian Oil.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are right about Carney but I doubt the little potato will dump Free Bird - she's been one of his most loyal allies. How's that gender balance going for him anyway?
"Gender Balance" is the most inane, insane procedure imaginable when recruiting for job positions as gender is NOT a criteria for job qualifications..............Ability to perform IS!

Reactions: taxslave