Jobs In Fort. Mac - Camps - Please Read

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Just in case you want to save 600 miles.

SaskJobs.ca - Job Search Results

Saskatchewans oilsands are the next Fort mac style boom,best place to go to get in early.
I had offers from SKS and Carson energy in Sask a month ago to go pipelining there,they will bypass Alberta soon in gas and oil production.
The best thing is the eastern nepotism hasnt invaded the industry there like in Alberta so you would get in at just the right time.
Plus real estate is Sask. is still fairly cheap and they have some beautifull lakeside properties for sale that would cost a 1/4 of what they would in Alberta or less.

Both those jobs are on the link Petros posted or on the hrdc site.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Lard tunderin' Jaysus by. It's cheap? 1/4 the price? Lakeside lots? You haven't been to SK in awhile I assume?

I'll sell you my cottage for $350,000 There are two lots.

Last edited:

djripz

Sep 2, 2011
Alright, thanks guy. I have WHMIS certificate now with St. John Ambulance and will be doing a 2 days course with them on Wednesday/Thursday.

Now, I am updating my resume and crossing fingers for something to come around soon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Alright, thanks guy. I have WHMIS certificate now with St. John Ambulance and will be doing a 2 days course with them on Wednesday/Thursday.

Now, I am updating my resume and crossing fingers for something to come around soon.
Make sure you have 2 months worth of rent in pocket before leaving.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Lard tunderin' Jaysus by. It's cheap? 1/4 the price? Lakeside lots? You haven't been to SK in awhile I assume?

I'll sell you my cottage for $350,000 There are two lots.
My bud contracting out near Estevan was renting a nice cottage on a lake for cheap and he had the option to buy it for under a $100,000.
A regular 3 bedroom home in fort mac will cost you $750,000.
Rent starts at about $650 a month for just a bedroom.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My bud contracting out near Estevan was renting a nice cottage on a lake for cheap and he had the option to buy it for under a $100,000.
A regular 3 bedroom home in fort mac will cost you $750,000.
Rent starts at about $650 a month for just a bedroom.
$650? That's it? I'd take two and it would still be cheaper than here.

A nice cottage? This one will run you $125,000, perfect size if you're a dog (480 square feet) with a healthy coat because it's not winterized.

Tell you buddy to scoop it up. By spring he'll have a houseboat on Kenosee.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
$650? That's it? I'd take two and it would still be cheaper than here.

A nice cottage? This one will run you $125,000, perfect size if you're a dog (480 square feet) with a healthy coat because it's not winterized.

Tell you buddy to scoop it up. By spring he'll have a houseboat on Kenosee.

I think he said it was on Deer lake or something like that,it was about 300 meters from the water so not really lakefront.I have lots of family in Estevan and it sure has grown.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
The thing with working the oilfield is contacts,when you first get in bust your balls to do a good job and get contacts,bag pacto bags if you have to or scrub down drill rigs with a toothbrush.Get a good name and you will allways be working,sometimes for 5 different outfits a year.You will be tested with some pretty ugly jobs on the rigs but pass them and become a driller and the bucks and opportunities will astound you.Theres a shortage of guys that will work hard and not scared to be covered in mud 12 hours or more a day and especially when they can make over a hundred grand a year at the oilsands doing literally nothing but driving truck or running equipment.

The oilsands are different,your under a microscope and no one will let you work too hard,your a number and thats it.Thats why your limited if you do choose to work in the oilsands,steady work but mundane and your a machine,not a person.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You can't rent a room in Estevan for under $750. Ask Ron, he works down that way.

Well then f**k Estevan, we won't go there!

Think I got one of the best gigs going so far,working around 7000 feet above sea level on the top of the rocky mountains.I got my best friend on and so it's just me and him,no one else to bother you,heres a few pics from yesterday.Ma Butte road maintenance to Altalink Comm. towers | Facebook

Nice pictures! :smile:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Well then f**k Estevan, we won't go there!

Nice pictures! :smile:

I cant ask for a nicer view from my office,rocky mountains to the west are in B.C. I can see as far as the southcastle and Waterton to my south and the Livingstone range to my East and Kananaskis to the north.

I could be making big bucks in fort mac breathing in toxic fumes from the bitumen and haveing a headache all day every day like last time I was there or I could be here,making less money and home in my own bed every night.
Fu*k Fort Crack!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I cant ask for a nicer view from my office,rocky mountains to the west are in B.C. I can see as far as the southcastle and Waterton to my south and the Livingstone range to my East and Kananaskis to the north.

I could be making big bucks in fort mac breathing in toxic fumes from the bitumen and haveing a headache all day every day like last time I was there or I could be here,making less money and home in my own bed every night.
Fu*k Fort Crack!

I kind of figured the scenery in those pictures suspiciously resembled the Crowsnest Pass.

ratbag

Sep 7, 2011
i'm looking to go to trade school, but i'm wondering which trade would give me the best shot at getting a job in northern bc/alberta/sask
any info would be greatly appreciated.