It’s coming sooner than you think… especially given then totalitarian government we have now

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Funny how alleged "conservatives" threw a conniption fit over Clinton's proposal for a national ID card.

Same ones who want to make it a crime to fail to ID on demand to a cop.

Think maybe they know what groups the cops like to ID?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Funny how alleged "conservatives" threw a conniption fit over Clinton's proposal for a national ID card.

When a cop pulls you over, before he gets out of his vehicle he knows the name of the registered owner of the vehicle the registered address of that owner.
All the questions he asks you are to check how honest you are!
My daughter once worked for dispatch in Timmins, and I was surprised at all the info she had about me, just from my license number and that's a hundred miles away from where I live!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
When a cop pulls you over, before he gets out of his vehicle he knows the name of the registered owner of the vehicle the registered address of that owner.
All the questions he asks you are to check how honest you are!
My daughter once worked for dispatch in Timmins, and I was surprised at all the info she had about me, just from my license number and that's a hundred miles away from where I live!
Under the Constitution, you can only be IDed if the cop has a reasonable, articulable suspicion, based on objective facts and reasonable inferences drawn therefrom, that crime is afoot. And in some states, such as Texas and California, not even then, but only upon being lawfully arrested for a specific crime.

Reactions: DaSleeper

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Under the Constitution, you can only be IDed if the cop has a reasonable, articulable suspicion, based on objective facts and reasonable inferences drawn therefrom, that crime is afoot. And in some states, such as Texas and California, not even then, but only upon being lawfully arrested for a specific crime.
You have been on this forum long enough to know that Toronto police not too long ago decided to review "Carding" and decided to officially end it!
Laws on procedure get reviewed all the time.....at least those that are not embedded in the constitution!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You have been on this forum long enough to know that Toronto police not too long ago decided to review "Carding" and decided to officially end it!
Laws on procedure get reviewed all the time.....at least those that are not embedded in the constitution!
Yep. I was giving you a summary of the law down hereabouts.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I may have posted it before but not too long ago I got stopped for going 21 kilometers over the speed limit and the only reason I didn't get a ticket is because he had time to check that in the last 20 or 30 years I didn't have a single infraction!
Maybe It's a good thing he didn't see my Métis card;)

• Haha
Reactions: B00Mer

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Everyone has an ID except perhaps some of the homeless but generally ID's are free to get so I don't know what the issue would be. There is likely an attitude or ability issues or it's not important for them to get to the nearest government office to get one. Who knows but an ID is easily gotten.

Now, however, asking a person for their ID has become "racist" - don't know how that happened.

Reactions: taxslave

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Only makes sense.

Constitutional, too, under the Interstate Commerce Clause. (That's my opinion, courts haven't ruled.)

Personally, every person should have a photo ID, issued by Government, at no charge.

For Voting.
For Driving.
For ID purposes.
For anything you need ID for.

That way there can be no claims of discrimination when it comes to such ID requirements.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Everyone has an ID except perhaps some of the homeless but generally ID's are free to get so I don't know what the issue would be. There is likely an attitude or ability issues or it's not important for them to get to the nearest government office to get one. Who knows but an ID is easily gotten.

Now, however, asking a person for their ID has become "racist" - don't know how that happened.
Millions of Americans Do Not Have ID

Sorry. I'm sure you'll pick your fantasy over reality.

Reactions: Serryah