It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
1642803939284.png

With all the inclement weather both in Eastern Canada and the U.S., how will stranded EV's do?

Ok guys, what happens when we get weather like this and all the vehicles are electric? How does one stay warm sitting in the car. What about the batteries? How long will they hold out for in this weather, especially if you're caught for a considerable length of time as experienced in Virginia - how will the clean-up go with the dead vehicles unable to run. Are we going to have "charging stations" every 1 or 2 KM? Oh goody, this will get really interesting once fossil fuels are stupidly stopped as an energy source.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Today is another Saskatchewan temperature roller coaster over the next 18 hours:
1643116357943.jpeg
So a 28°C swing in the next 18 hours by midnight… and this is happened repeatedly this winter…. Following a stretch of about a month of windchills in the -40°C to -50°C range. Good times….
1643116451484.jpeg
This is a very difficult concept to explain to friends of ours in Mexico (The temperature variance over the course of a single day I mean). But when you look at the average temperature it looks like we have a mild climate I guess.

A temperature swing of over 80°F in an 18 hour & it still stays below the freezing point of water. The snow that falls off your boots onto your mats in your vehicle, after temperature swing like this, where the temperature will float back to the -30° point…. Ends up as frost on the inside of your vehicle.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
And under the category of "Man, Are They Ever Stupid", it seems that the Port of Vancouver will no longer allow trucks over 10 yrs old to enter the facility, ya know, because of "climate change". And yet ships that are 20-30 years old, belching clag from their bunker fuel burning engines will continue to pull into port every goddam day.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Today is another Saskatchewan temperature roller coaster over the next 18 hours:
View attachment 11852
So a 28°C swing in the next 18 hours by midnight… and this is happened repeatedly this winter…. Following a stretch of about a month of windchills in the -40°C to -50°C range. Good times….
View attachment 11853
This is a very difficult concept to explain to friends of ours in Mexico (The temperature variance over the course of a single day I mean). But when you look at the average temperature it looks like we have a mild climate I guess.

A temperature swing of over 80°F in an 18 hour & it still stays below the freezing point of water. The snow that falls off your boots onto your mats in your vehicle, after temperature swing like this, where the temperature will float back to the -30° point…. Ends up as frost on the inside of your vehicle.
surprised that you didnt end up with a penisicle. ;)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And under the category of "Man, Are They Ever Stupid", it seems that the Port of Vancouver will no longer allow trucks over 10 yrs old to enter the facility, ya know, because of "climate change". And yet ships that are 20-30 years old, belching clag from their bunker fuel burning engines will continue to pull into port every goddam day.
Ya do what ya can.

Whether it makes sense or not.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ya do what ya can.

Whether it makes sense or not.
I hear you. Diesel trucks have had PDF filters for a couple decades now, & DEF on top of DPF since mid-2008….so a ban on trucks older than 10 years old isn’t based on an real logic environmentally but strict upon political posturing and financial exclusion (chokes out smaller and less well funded independent carriers).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I hear you. Diesel trucks have had PDF filters for a couple decades now, & DEF on top of DPF since mid-2008….so a ban on trucks older than 10 years old isn’t based on an real logic environmentally but strict upon political posturing and financial exclusion (chokes out smaller and less well funded independent carriers).
But. . . but. . . we CARE!

Actually, that's true. They care deeply.

Exactly what they care about deeply's a whole 'nother subject, completely unrelated to this one.