It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Yep, and it will likely get worse considering the Liberals want to raise the carbon tax every year. Everything will cost more and it won't make any difference to climate change at all. It's a way of not only distributing wealth to those who don't deserve it and likely lining the pockets of the elite but of population control - do as we say and not as we do!!! And, the lower income individuals/families will be the ones to suffer most. It's unconscionable, that's for sure!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yep, and it will likely get worse considering the Liberals want to raise the carbon tax every year. Everything will cost more and it won't make any difference to climate change at all. It's a way of not only distributing wealth to those who don't deserve it and likely lining the pockets of the elite but of population control - do as we say and not as we do!!! And, the lower income individuals/families will be the ones to suffer most. It's unconscionable, that's for sure!!
I suppose the ones unable to afford gas won't be polluting, BUT they are the ones who can't afford to pollute much anyway.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I switched from an 8 cylinder Diesel Pick-up to a four cylinder car thirteen years...not because of global warming but because it was less expensive to operate and I didn't need a truck anymore. and the few times a year that I needed one I can always borrow the neighbour's,
I actually save even more than gas mileage when I go to Toronto......
My wife can't put as much stuff in the little ford ecosport as she could in the 3/4 ton gm diesel pick-up;)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I switched from an 8 cylinder Diesel Pick-up to a four cylinder car thirteen years...not because of global warming but because it was less expensive to operate and I didn't need a truck anymore. and the few times a year that I needed one I can always borrow the neighbour's,
My wife can't put as much stuff in the little ford ecosport as she could in the 3/4 ton gm diesel pick-up;)
I wouldn't mind down sizing myself. In 2012 I bought a 3/4 ton Ford F 250 and then I got sick so it never got the use or the mileage originally intended. To me it's still worth close to $40 grand and it only has about 23,000 klicks on it now, so if I let it go now I will get screwed on this truck and on the next one, so better just to keep it. I don't put enough miles on it for the cost of gas to be a real concern & I have reliable transportation for the rest of my life.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Over the years, as more economical vehicles came into production, I'm sure a lot of people did exactly what you did - as they could afford it, they bought more reliable, cheaper, more fuel efficient to operate vehicles. I know we did!

Getting rid of fossil fuels apparently doesn't apply to those who were attending the G7 - just to us peons. It's quite scary what they're proposing - people need to wake up!!

But I guess that's what the "elite" want - fewer people to own anything including vehicles but they are entitled to fly in their private jets to where ever they want to go. It's literally do as I say and not what I do which is being imposed on all of us.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Over the years, as more economical vehicles came into production, I'm sure a lot of people did exactly what you did - as they could afford it, they bought more reliable, cheaper, more fuel efficient to operate vehicles. I know we did!

Getting rid of fossil fuels apparently doesn't apply to those who were attending the G7 - just to us peons. It's quite scary what they're proposing - people need to wake up!!

But I guess that's what the "elite" want - fewer people to own anything including p enough peasantsvehicles but they are entitled to fly in their private jets to where ever they want to go. It's literally do as I say and not what I do which is being imposed on all of us.
Don’t worry they will keep enough peasants around to clean their toilets and cook supper .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Italy covers shrinking glacier to save it from summer heat
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Jul 01, 2021 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Large white geotextile sheets cover northern Italy's Presena glacier in order to delay snow melting on skiing slopes and reflect sunlight during summer months, at Passo del Tonale, near Trento, Italy, July 13, 2020.
Large white geotextile sheets cover northern Italy's Presena glacier in order to delay snow melting on skiing slopes and reflect sunlight during summer months, at Passo del Tonale, near Trento, Italy, July 13, 2020. PHOTO BY FLAVIO LO SCALZO /REUTERS
Article content
PRESENA GLACIER — Battling to save northern Italy’s Presena glacier from further shrinking, climate experts are covering it with long strips of cloth which will reflect the sun’s rays and prevent the snow beneath from melting.

They say about 70% of the snow can be saved over the summer with the protective covering which works in the same way as a silver reflective guard placed in a car window to stop overheating.

Atop the glacier and surrounded by stunning wide peaks, a team unfurls 5-metre-wide and 70-metre-long strips to cover some 120,000 square metres of the glacier. The task takes a month to complete.

The process has been carried out every year since 2008.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

“Glaciers and their retreat are perhaps the most striking manifestation of ongoing global warming,” said glaciologist Christian Casarotto of Trento science museum, adding glacier mass had been falling continuously for the last 15 to 20 years.

“Studying glaciers therefore becomes important in order to understand the direction in which we are heading and to be able to correct it,” he added.
ITALY-GLACIER-scaled-e1625156145171[1].jpg

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Bahahahaha what's next?

Biden’s new Cold War with China will result in climate collapse, progressives warn

A political fight is brewing among wings of the Democratic Party over Beijing’s help in curbing climate change versus curbing its human rights abuses.

By ALEXANDER WARD
07/07/2021 04:19 PM EDT
Updated: 07/07/2021 05:05 PM EDT

As a new Cold War takes shape between the U.S. and China, progressives fear the result will be a dramatically warming planet.
Over 40 progressive groups sent a letter to President Joe Biden and lawmakers on Wednesday urging them to prioritize cooperation with China on climate change and curb its confrontational approach over issues like Beijing’s crackdown on Hong Kong and forced detention of Uyghur Muslims......More