Is this site "Canadian Enough"?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I've had a couple of reviews from various people after I relaunched the homepage and various people mentioned that it doesn't look Canadian enough. One even said it looked like "the conservative colours". Hrmpf. I added a Canadian flag to the top menubar, but is it enough? Any suggestions on improvements in that aspect?

Back when I was banned, I did venture to another Canadian Forum that has a pretty good look relating to Canadiaism..... if that's a word.

Since it's technically a rival forum, I'll PM you the link so you can see what they did/do and maybe see if there is anything you think might be something decent for inspiration.

I personally couldn't care less either way how it looks, but since you asked......

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
The site looks fine - understated elegance. Why adopt an American-style format which would see the site plastered with beavers and Canadian flags?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
The site looks fine - understated elegance. Why adopt an American-style format which would see the site plastered with beavers and Canadian flags?

It can be done tastefully if you know what you're doing & overkill the whole thing.

Florida is so narrow that can't you smell if someone on the west coast of Florida farts?

Please tell me what you think of Nova Scotia or even better, PEI

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
The fewer identifable "Canadianism" there are the more CC is identified as a Canadian site. Jingoism, chest thomping & kitschy nationalism have not been identified with Canada for most of our nationhood. A Canadian doesn't need to be reminded they're Canadian they just know. Just the site name S/B enough, if not use a maple leaf or a beaver no need to go any further.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Andem perhaps if you moved back from Europe.

I mean people are secretly talking behind their hands calling you Iggy. "He doesn't really live here. He's not a real Canadian."

Let's face it man, putting on a back bacon jacket and drinking imported Labatts 50 is just not enough when your over there with all those limp wristed Europeans whining about Flipper Pie and Seal Eyelid Bras.:)

It matters man..

Your Canadian Flag avatar just doesn't cut it dude.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There are too many foreigners on here that just don't understand how tolerant and accepting we are. I think they should be banned.

I'm here to stay noob.

2005 and still going. Heck I'm a senior member here.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I don't feel Banned.