Is Islam a threat to those that do not practice it

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
2:2 - 2:5

This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil).

Those who believe in the unseen and keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them.

And who believe in that which has been revealed to you and that which was revealed before you and they are sure of the hereafter

These are on a right course from their Lord and these it is that shall be successful

You should understand the difference between the unbelievers and the people of the book.

It just happened that I am a Muslim and I know the Koran very well. You are taking the words out of contexts as I surley can do with the Bible or anything else.

For example, I can claim that Mary was a prostitute and had Jesus out of wood lock. However, this is not the case and I will not even think of it this way. I am trying to show you that I can make assumptions about the Bible and the Torah. Once you have hatred towards a person, religion, etc., it will be easy for you to find all the ugly things you are looking for.

Have an open heart and mind.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Re: RE: Is Islam a threat to those that do not practice it

Rick van Opbergen said:
Ehm MASTER you do realize that for example Qu'ran 3:85 seems to be totally contrary to what you claim? Or, I should say, in my source that is. What is your source actually? Not that I would believe you less, but it's nice to have a source presented. My sources are www.alislam.org and ... there must be another one, lets see ... http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/qmtintro.html

I did the same google search and found many, say, MANY, sources that confirm Masters quote. A short investigation reveals that the verse in alislam appears as 3:86.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
When the Nigerian journalist Isioma Daniel wrote that Muhammad, the Prophet of Islam(PBUH), would want to take one of the body-flaunting beauties in the Miss World pageant as his wife, Isioma was, besides exhibiting insensitivity, factually incorrect.

Muhammad's 12 wives, although not all married to him at the same time, were modest, courageous, independent, outspoken, righteous, patient and loyal. They were not known for their physical beauty -- certainly not the kind that is flaunted in public…

Why did Muhammad (PBUH) marry 12 women? John Esposito, in "Islam: The Straight Path", writes, "As was customary for Arab chiefs, many were political marriages to cement alliances. Others were marriages to the widows of his Companions who had fallen in combat and were in need of protection."

Muhammad (PBUH) was far ahead of his time by marrying Khadija, a widow and an independent business owner 15 years older than he was, as his first wife. This monogamous relationship, which lasted nearly 25 years, until Khadija's death, was contrary to the then-Jewish, Christian and Arab traditions that allowed for unlimited wives.

Perhaps even more eye-opening was the fact that Muhammad (PBUH) took Sawda as his second wife when she was a 65-year-old widow. This marriage came as a great surprise to Muhammad's contemporaries, who usually took wives for their wealth or beauty, rarely out of compassion and affording security to women.

In fact, all but one of Muhammad's wives were widows, and many of them were over the age of 40 when they married him.

Two of Muhammad's marriages have come under particular attack from those who never lose an opportunity to promote Islamophobia, much like the idolaters of Muhammad's time. Even in their enmity, the Meccans of Muhammad's time never accused him of moral ineptitude.

The current charge that Muhammad (PBUH) took his third wife, Aisha, when she was a minor is based on apocryphal traditions. The preponderance of evidence (according to some historians and scholars) suggests that Aisha was between 16 and 19 years old when she married Muhammad (PBUH). (But even that she was younger than that does not necessarily mean that she was under puberty.)

To avoid the kind of excesses that we saw in Nigeria, both Muslims and non-Muslims need to know the traditions of the other more thoroughly. Perhaps one place to start is with the figure of Muhammad (PBUH)

Karen Armstrong, in an upcoming PBS documentary titled Muhammad (aired Dec. 18), says, "Muhammad was a man who faced an absolutely hopeless situation ... Single-handedly in a space of 23 years he brought peace and a new hope to Arabia and a new beacon for the world."

* Parvez Ahmed (Orlando Sentinel) is communications director for the Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Muhammad [peace be upon him] is the last of Allah's Messengers and Prophets. His name is Muhammad, son of Abdullah. He was born in Makkah in 570 A.D. The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was, in his youth, a combination of the best social qualities. He was an exemplary man of weighty mind and faultless insight. He was favored with intelligence, originality of thought and accurate choice of the means to accurate goals. His long silence helped favorably in his habit of meditation and deep investigation into the truth.

His vivid mind and pure nature were instrumental in assimilating and comprehending ways of life as well as individuals, groups and communities. He shunned superstitious practices but took an active part in useful and constructive activities. In the case of the useless and destructive dealings, he would have recourse to his self-adopted solitude. He refrained from drinking wine, eating meat slaughtered on stone altars or attending idolatrous festivals.

He proved himself to be the ideal of manhood, in possession of a spotless character. He was the most obliging to his compatriots, the most honest in his talk and the mildest in temper. He was the most gentle-hearted, chaste, and hospitable, and always impressed people by his piety-inspiring countenance. He was the most truthful and the best in keeping agreements. Due to the fine reputation he enjoyed among his people, they nicknamed him 'The Trustworthy.'

This impression on people can be deduced by the bliss that overwhelmed their hearts and filled them with dignity. Men's respect, awe and appreciation of Allah's Messenger (PBUH) were unique and matchless. No other man in the whole world has been so honored and beloved. Those who knew him well were fascinated and enchanted by him. They were ready to sacrifice their lives for the sake of saving a nail of his from hurt or injury. He had been favored with many aspects of perfection no one else had been granted, so his Companions found him peerless and loved him.

When he was commissioned as a Prophet at the age of forty, Allah revealed the first Qur'anic Verses to him through the Angel Gabriel. He asked the Prophet (PBUH) to preach the Oneness of Allah and warn people against polytheism.

The Makkan polytheists opposed him and persecuted his followers severely, but that did not shake his faith nor cause his steadfastness to waiver. Nor did it stop more people from responding to his preaching. Finally, when the majority of the people of Al-Madinah embraced Islam, the Makkan Muslims took flight to Al-Madinah. Later on, Allah's Messenger (PBUH) himself migrated to Al-Madinah to establish the Islamic state there.

A few years later, the polytheists of Makkah and their allies succumbed to the growing power of the Muslims, and Makkah was conquered without violence. Some thirty years after the death of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), Islam spread throughout the world, displacing the greatest two empires at the time, the Persian and the Roman.

Allah has summarized the message of His Prophet Muhammad as follows: "We have sent you (O Muhammad) only as a mercy for all the worlds." (21:107)

Many Western scholars and famous personalities have admitted that no faults or flaws are to be found in the character and behavior of the Prophet (PBUH). Some of their observations are remarkable.

Lamartine, the celebrated historian says: "If greatness of purpose, smallness of means and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes.

"This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls... his forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph over death; all these attest not to an imposture but to a firm conviction which gave him the power to restore a dogma.

"This dogma was twofold, the unity of God and the immateriality of God; the former telling what God is, the latter telling what God is not; the one overthrowing false gods with the sword, the other starting an idea with the words.

"Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images, the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad. As regards all the standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may ask, is there any man greater than he?" (Lamartine, Histoire de la Turquie, Paris, 1854, Vol. II, pp. 276-277)

The Hindu leader Mahatma Gandhi wrote about the Prophet (PBUH): "I become more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet, the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers and his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle."

George Bernard Shaw wrote: "He must be called the Savior of Humanity. I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world, he would succeed in solving the problems in a way that would bring the much needed peace and happiness. Europe is beginning to be enamoured of the creed of Muhammad. In the next century it may go further in recognizing the utility of that creed in solving its problems." (The Genuine Islam, Singapore, Vol. I, No 8, 1936)

Michael H. Hart says: "My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular levels." (M.H. Hart, 'The 100: A Ranking of the most influential persons in history', new York, 1978, p. 33)

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

moghrabi said:
2:2 - 2:5

For example, I can claim that Mary was a prostitute and had Jesus out of wood lock. However, this is not the case and I will not even think of it this way. I am trying to show you that I can make assumptions about the Bible and the Torah.

You are undoubtedly correct. Mary may or may not have been a prostitute. However, these issues do not refute the allegations Master has made about Mohammed. With your knowledge of the Koran, such a refutation, I trust, will be simple work.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
But mu Koran says that Mary was not a prostitute. So I can't make that claim. Mary is a pure woman whom God sent Jesus through her.

If you read what I am posting from different sources, I think you will understand more about Islam.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Rick van Opbergen said:
One of the questions which remains for me: concerning the fact that there might as well be these disturbing words in the Qu'ran and the Hadith, in what sense does this apply to this day, for Islam anno 2004?

Rick,

Go to http://www.islamweb.net and read. Thay have everything you want.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
You are very welcome. It is good that people like you are interested in the truth and not just going by phobia.

Chewy

Nominee Member
Jul 14, 2004

moghrabi said:
You are very welcome. It is good that people like you are interested in the truth and not just going by phobia.
moghrabi, I have found this sight really useful too. The folks there very friendly and are willing to answer questions too. There is also a bank of other Q & A's on there too.

http://www.islamonline.net/english/index.shtml

Rick van Opbergen

House Member
Sep 16, 2004
The Netherlands
www.google.com
I was reading through www.islamweb.net and I came up with certain questions when I read the Muslim-Christian dialogue (part two). Don't know whether I should send my questions, but I thought, I can as well discuss them here.

Someone asked why Saudi Arabia does not allow Christian churches to be build for the thousands of Christians in that country. The website replied:

"1. Muslim minorities in the West are mostly indigenous. A significant part of their population acquired citizenship while the rest are permanently-residing landed immigrants. It is a fallacy, therefore, to compare work groups contracted for a limited period and subject to conditions of their contracts with the indigenous or acquired citizenship Muslims in the West."

But is this not a rather weird answer? If there is the urge for people to go to churches, to pray within their religious community, why is that not accepted? There are almost 950,000 Christians currently in Saudi Arabia, and yes, only 20,000 of them are part of the indigenous population (have Saudi passports). Besides the fact that I find 20,000 a quite large number, I find it rather strange that the Saudi government does not denounce religious equality for these Christians. Is this an issue which is discussed within the Saudi regime? What is the stance of other countries on this, Muslim countries included?

Other questions follow later on.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Saudi Arabia is the only country in the ME that does not allow churches in the country. All other Arab/Muslim countries have churches as their population is both Muslims and Christians. A fundamental change must take place in Saudi Arabia to accommodate the Christians there. I agree.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada

Chewy said:
moghrabi said:
moghrabi, I have found this sight really useful too. The folks there very friendly and are willing to answer questions too. There is also a bank of other Q & A's on there too.

http://www.islamonline.net/english/index.shtml

Thanks Chewy,

This site is actually very good at introducing Islam to people willing to learn about it. As long as people read and know about each other, the more peaceful we become.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

moghrabi said:
All other Arab/Muslim countries have churches as their population is both Muslims and Christians.

That's true but building new churches in most Islamic countries is difficult if not impossible. Even getting a permit to do menial repairs can be an onerous task.

Persecution of non-muslims is rampant as well.

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/news_syndication/article_040331jub.shtml

Four Christians have been arrested in Sharm El-Sheikh in Egypt after police found that they had Bibles and Christian music tapes in their possession

http://www.maknews.com/html/articles/savich/savich9.html

This is what NATO occupation has achieved: The genocide of the Serbian Orthodox population of Kosovo-Metohija. The UCK has expelled over 240,000 Kosovo Serbs, Roma, and Jews. The UCK has destroyed 112 Serbian Orthodox Churches under NATO/KFOR/UNMIK protection. The UCK has desecrated and destroyed over 10 Serbian Orthodox cemeteries. Life in Kosovo for the remaining Serbian population is like life in a Nazi ghetto! This is what NATO has accomplished in 3 and a half years of military occupation.

http://www.maknews.com/html/articles/savich/savich9.html

THERE IS NOT ONE CHRISTIAN NATION ON EARTH WHERE MUSLIMS ARE PERSECUTED. Yet in 83% of nations where the majority of the population are Muslims, there is systematic government persecution of Christians.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/arabs/christianme.html

And it is not only the Holy Land from which many native Christians have fled. Throughout the entire Middle East, once significant Christian communities have shrunk to a miniscule portion of their former robust selves. In 50 years they may well be extinct.

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/christianspers-islamic.html

"But Kuwait is very intolerant of Christians," he said. "They just don't allow them."

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

moghrabi said:
What did the serbs do to the muslims? Should I start????

So that makes it OK? I thought you agreed that a wrong is a wrong is a wrong. The serbs were punished for their persecution...where is Milosevic now? Who put him there? Muslims?

The west expressed their outrage at what happened in Kosovo and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Where is the outrage over what is happening there now?

Kosovo is a small slice of the pie. Please explain to me what Coptics in Egypt did to the Muslims. What the Christians in Pakistan did to the Muslims. What the Hindus in Bangladesh did to the Muslims. Shall I go on?

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Chewy said:
On other forums I'm find there is a growing resentment to those that practice Islam.
Almost daily someone adds to these forums a comment or an article or a quote from the Koran. People site examples of the Islamic fundamentalist movements, the attacks on the WTC and the Pentagon, and more recently the planes in Russia. In all honestly I had little knowledge of Islam, I would like to know more. The question is simply does Islam promote violence and hatred to those that do not embrace it?

Not at all. Islam is fundamentally, a religion of peace. The Qoran promotes peaceful living. The way the religion has turned, could be put at the same level as the Christian Crusades and the Inquisitions. The bible itself does not promote violence, yet it has also claimed millions of lives in the name of Jesus and God. It is a few of the many clerics that use the religion for power.

PS: Late responce... Truly sorry.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Thanks Numere. Well said. All religions have faults. It will take us years to discuss all these problems.

I am not here to tell everyone that Islam is the religion you have to follow. But I do not like the injustice done to the religion itself. We have to blame the individuals who are using it for their own agenda as there are people using Christianity for their own.

The Coptic did nohing to the Muslims and neither the Hindu Christians and so on. But you have the facts a bit twisted. Aren't the Muslims attacked on a dialy basis? or is it only the Muslims who are doing the attack? How come Christians and Muslims are fighting together in Israel? In Iraq?