IPCC Lead Author and the Nazca Vandalism

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
IPCC Lead Author Sven Teske, as alertly observed by Shub Niggurath, was one of the leaders of the vandalism of the Nazca lines during the recent Lima conference.

Several years ago, I had criticized Teske in his role as IPCC Lead Author, a criticism also taken up by Mark Lynas.

Like the Nazca vandalism, Teske, a Greenpeace employee and activist, had promoted the Greenpeace scenario in the IPCC special report on renewables. Teske had been Lead Author of the chapter responsible for critical assessment of the feasibility of the Greenpeace renewables scenario – an assessment that was not carried out in the chapter or report, despite expectations of policy-makers and the public.

The Greenpeace scenario was then equally uncritically promoted in the IPCC press release, from which the following statement was widely distributed:
Close to 80 percent of the world‘s energy supply could be met by renewables by mid-century if backed by the right enabling public policies a new report shows.
WG3 Co-Chair Ottmar Edenhofer defended Teske at the time as having been nominated by the German Government:
Sven Teske was nominated as an author by the German government and selected by the WGIII as Lead author in the IPCC’s continuous effort to draw on the full range of expertise, and this includes NGOs and business as well as academia.

IPCC Lead Author and the Nazca Vandalism « Climate Audit

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

For those who were wondering...

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Greenpeace apology and event-action timeline: no damage has been done to the actual Nazca lines themselves... possible damage associated with the activity centers around the open area of the cloth-lettering statement inclusive of over-turned rocks, foot prints, and cracked/broken "patina".

clearly an unwise action; however, it's quite rich to read those who deny the impact/effects of warming/climate change on world ecosystems speak of this as "eco-terrorism"!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
All vandals make excuses for their actions... This is the first time though that the criminals plead that 'no damage was done'.... I say, allow the nation in which the Nazca Lines are located to make that assessment and any damages be immediately compensated in addition to heavy fines for desecrating a one of a kind historical site

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Greenpeace apology and event-action timeline: no damage has been done to the actual Nazca lines themselves... possible damage associated with the activity centers around the open area of the cloth-lettering statement inclusive of over-turned rocks, foot prints, and cracked/broken "patina".

clearly an unwise action; however, it's quite rich to read those who deny the impact/effects of warming/climate change on world ecosystems speak of this as "eco-terrorism"!

Are you really that stupid or just trolling again? This is typical of greenpeace, no respect for anyone or any thing.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
All vandals make excuses for their actions... This is the first time though that the criminals plead that 'no damage was done'.... I say, allow the nation in which the Nazca Lines are located to make that assessment and any damages be immediately compensated in addition to heavy fines for desecrating a one of a kind historical site

where are you reading anyone say no damage was done?
Peruvian government archeologists are on site actively assessing damage... I described the damage I've read that has been reported to-date.

Are you really that stupid or just trolling again? This is typical of greenpeace, no respect for anyone or any thing.

try to read the linked reference before you utter your standard drive-by BS!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Peruvian government archeologists are on site actively assessing damage... I described the damage I've read that has been reported to-date.

try to read the linked reference before you utter your standard drive-by BS!

So vandalism is OK when your heros do it. Just because some welfare bum does it for the greater good does not mean it is not vandalism. Much like writing KILL THE JEWS on a synagogue wall.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

I see.. The good, honest vandals at the IPCC will step forward and detail that damage, eh... How convenient

Fine the UN, IPCC and the individuals directly... Send a message by punishing them to the tune of millions and prohibit all of those groups and individuals from ever going to Peru, or possibly South America again

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Oh yes, of course, it would be sacriledge to point out the stupidity and crass ignorance of the High Priests of the GW Cult.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
we're sorry you were offended

anyway, greenpeace! yeah baby, yeah.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Those Greenpeace screwballs strung one of their banners where I worked. All it did was get them arrested. They didn't save single goldfish let alone whale or WTF ever they were going off about.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Those Greenpeace screwballs strung one of their banners where I worked. All it did was get them arrested. They didn't save single goldfish let alone whale or WTF ever they were going off about.

Racist a$$holes destroying priceless, irreplaceable cultural treasures. I get so damn tired of lefty imbeciles appropriating our heritage, using our names, claiming to be "sympathetic" to us, then doing this kind of sh*t.

Hey, lefty a$$holes! Why don't you go f*ck up Sorrano's "Piss Christ" or a Calder mobile? Those f*ckwits actually DID contribute to the global warming y'all are so pissy about. F*ck knows the Nazca never did.

Genocidal bastards.