IPCC Lead Author and the Nazca Vandalism

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
What I have hard time understanding is that how Peruvians could be involved-Peru holds this kind of cultural treasure like most people hold their children.

Maybe the perpetrators have been drinking GP Kool Aid for too long and have lost touch with cultural & political reality.

Last edited:

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
So vandalism is OK when your heros do it. Just because some welfare bum does it for the greater good does not mean it is not vandalism. Much like writing KILL THE JEWS on a synagogue wall.

try reading the following post again... notwithstanding I highlighted the apology. Apparently, to you, stating the action was unwise and emphasizing an apology, somehow... somehow... that to you equates to "vandalism is OK"! :mrgreen: But like I said, in the face of your denial of the impact/effects of GW/AGW/CC on world ecosystems, your fake-outrage and hypocrisy is duly noted!
clearly an unwise action; however, it's quite rich to read those who deny the impact/effects of warming/climate change on world ecosystems speak of this as "eco-terrorism"!

I see.. The good, honest vandals at the IPCC will step forward and detail that damage, eh... How convenient
so, even though you quote my post (this following post) that pointedly states "Peruvian government archeologists are on site actively assessing damage"... to you, that allows you to twist that quoted comment to where you equate "Peruvian government archeologists" to "honest vandals at the IPCC will be assessing the damage". That sir, that is you simply trolling!
where are you reading anyone say no damage was done? Peruvian government archeologists are on site actively assessing damage... I described the damage I've read that has been reported to-date.
Fine the UN, IPCC and the individuals directly... Send a message by punishing them to the tune of millions and prohibit all of those groups and individuals from ever going to Peru, or possibly South America again

yet more fake outrage and hypocrisy from another denier who refuses to acknowledge the impacts/effects of GW/AGW/CC on world ecosystems!

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
from the looks of that foto it appears that the damage is irreversible - hopefully, the culprits will pay dearly for their defiling of that sacred site

the yellow lettering is cloth material that has now been removed. No actual damage has been reported to the "Nazca Lines" themselves. As I said, as related by Peruvian government officials in separate reports I've read, the "possible damage associated with the activity centers around the open area of the cloth-lettering, inclusive of over-turned rocks, foot prints, and cracked/broken "patina"."

in a subsequent follow-up account it appears the assessment is branching off into how to repair and/or mitigate any damage done... I expect that would be a part of possible criminal and/or civil liability charges that may follow.

we're sorry you were offended

anyway, greenpeace! yeah baby, yeah.

I'm surprised you've shifted your emphasis from the IPCC... of course, the single guy in question (Teske) was a contributing-author of a single chapter of the 2011 sub-report, "Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation"... he, along with ~280 other contributing authors to that report. How was he chosen... as often happens for the "all volunteer IPCC reports", governments nominate candidates for the respective reports... in this case, the German government nominated Teske. Of course, you can find no end of witless denialsphere accounts referring to the guy as an "IPCC employee".

What I have hard time understanding is that how Peruvians could be involved-Peru holds this kind of cultural treasure like most people hold their children.

where a buck can be made... some years back, I travelled to Machu Picchu (multi-day hike/tenting, before the recent tourist streaking stupidity and the mass bus trips dumping tourists on the site daily)... back then it appeared there was little regulation and monitoring of the site by the Peru government; now it appears to have tightened up somewhat given the publicity over the nudity/streaking. As I experienced, it appeared to be a somewhat lucrative opportunity for locals to make much needed money. I expect there is some of this going on at Nazca as well... which is why I interpret some hesitation by the Peruvian government officials, at least to this point, to definitively tag particular damage to the recent GP event. But again, GP did cause some damage... which will eventually be assigned and valued in terms of repair/mitigation/costs, etc.

They can stuff the apology up your and their asses.

more fake outrage and hypocrisy from a denier who steadfastly refuses to accept/acknowledge impacts/effects of GW/AGW/CC to world ecosystems... equally, you can stuff your fake outrage and hypocrisy up yours!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
the yellow lettering is cloth material that has now been removed. No actual damage has been reported to the "Nazca Lines" themselves. As I said, as related by Peruvian government officials in separate reports I've read, the "possible damage associated with the activity centers around the open area of the cloth-lettering, inclusive of over-turned rocks, foot prints, and cracked/broken "patina"."

in a subsequent follow-up account it appears the assessment is branching off into how to repair and/or mitigate any damage done... I expect that would be a part of possible criminal and/or civil liability charges that may follow.

I'm surprised you've shifted your emphasis from the IPCC... of course, the single guy in question (Teske) was a contributing-author of a single chapter of the 2011 sub-report, "Renewable Energy Sources and Climate Change Mitigation"... he, along with ~280 other contributing authors to that report. How was he chosen... as often happens for the "all volunteer IPCC reports", governments nominate candidates for the respective reports... in this case, the German government nominated Teske. Of course, you can find no end of witless denialsphere accounts referring to the guy as an "IPCC employee".

where a buck can be made... some years back, I travelled to Machu Picchu (multi-day hike/tenting, before the recent tourist streaking stupidity and the mass bus trips dumping tourists on the site daily)... back then it appeared there was little regulation and monitoring of the site by the Peru government; now it appears to have tightened up somewhat given the publicity over the nudity/streaking. As I experienced, it appeared to be a somewhat lucrative opportunity for locals to make much needed money. I expect there is some of this going on at Nazca as well... which is why I interpret some hesitation by the Peruvian government officials, at least to this point, to definitively tag particular damage to the recent GP event. But again, GP did cause some damage... which will eventually be assigned and valued in terms of repair/mitigation/costs, etc.

more fake outrage and hypocrisy from a denier who steadfastly refuses to accept/acknowledge impacts/effects of GW/AGW/CC to world ecosystems... equally, you can stuff your fake outrage and hypocrisy up yours!

The point is that these guys are attention-hungry idiots and con artists.

Full stop.

Time for them to sink into obscurity.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

You sound like the classic white racist whose kids are caught defacing ancient monuments. "Waaaaal, there weren't hardly no damage nohow, and they's jest kids an' y'all know how kids are, and besides, who gives a damn 'bout some ol' Injun trash anyhow?"

So, who does give a damn about some ol' Indian trash? Clearly not Greengenocide.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
'You are Here' with arrow would have been cooler, . . . for an uncool act. Fine them $1M and next case or is that the only serious issue the UN is covering these days?
Looking at the quality we can rule them out as being masters of crop-circle s.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
so, even though you quote my post (this following post) that pointedly states "Peruvian government archeologists are on site actively assessing damage"... to you, that allows you to twist that quoted comment to where you equate "Peruvian government archeologists" to "honest vandals at the IPCC will be assessing the damage". That sir, that is you simply trolling!

Of course the gvt archaelogists will be the ones to assess damage... The greentards have already downplayed the issue by stating that the actual Nazca Lines weren't destroyed outright.... But again, that is the assessment of the vandals that know they are in line for some serious rebuke.

Banning greenpeace from South America is a start... Withdrawing their status as a Charity in NorAm is an excellent follow-up

yet more fake outrage and hypocrisy from another denier who refuses to acknowledge the impacts/effects of GW/AGW/CC on world ecosystems!

Note to waldo: globull warming didn't result in that vandalsim... It was the sheer stupidity and ego maniacal ideology of greenpeace and the IPCC that did this

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
waldo said:
where a buck can be made... some years back, I travelled to Machu Picchu (multi-day hike/tenting, before the recent tourist streaking stupidity and the mass bus trips dumping tourists on the site daily).
You are a f-cking LIAR!!!

I've been to Macchu Picchu and the only way to get there is by train. Buses only go as far as Ollantaytambo then you have to catch the train.

There are no roads. If you had been there you'd know that.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Could be, the guy was still huffin and puffin. It was about that point I knew I would never be making the trip, besides it would take me a year to see all the places. I'm thinking horse, on it's back or holding onto the tail I would still want one around.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
where a buck can be made... some years back, I travelled to Machu Picchu (multi-day hike/tenting, before the recent tourist streaking stupidity and the mass bus trips dumping tourists on the site daily)
You are a f-cking LIAR!!!

I've been to Macchu Picchu and the only way to get there is by train. Buses only go as far as Ollantaytambo then you have to catch the train.

There are no roads. If you had been there you'd know that.

:mrgreen: hey genius... how do you get from Aguas Calientes to the site itself

Incan trail.
"You are a f-cking LIAR!!!... it's called the Inca Trail... if you had been there you'd know that.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
You sound like the classic white racist whose kids are caught defacing ancient monuments. "Waaaaal, there weren't hardly no damage nohow, and they's jest kids an' y'all know how kids are, and besides, who gives a damn 'bout some ol' Injun trash anyhow?"

So, who does give a damn about some ol' Indian trash? Clearly not Greengenocide.

if repeating Peruvian government official accounts of the damage observed is, to you, "an attempt to sanction and/or diminish"... you are mistaken. Perhaps you might be more inclined to this projected approach/message... yes?

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
There is no road to the site. That is what blew your lie. Google isn't going help you now.

what do the buses that arrive at the site travel on... genius? Is there a train station right at the site? :mrgreen:

of course... if you'd actually been there... you would know this!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sh-thead. You take a bus from the hot springs to the train station then head up the valley. If you had been there you would know that.

You got caught lying and there is no way out.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Sh-thead. You take a bus from the hot springs to the train station then head up the valley. If you had been there you would know that.

You got caught lying and there is no way out.

are you now going to deny there are buses running to the site? I just posted an image of the schedule/details of the bus trips... and you're going to deny buses travel to the site?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
are you now going to deny there are buses running to the site? I just posted an image of the schedule/details of the bus trips... and you're going to deny buses travel to the site?

You have never been there f-ck face. Quit f-cking lying.