Invasion of Canada

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, Tucks wants the US to invade Canada and free us from Trudeau. Cause Russia/Ukraine.

I'm surprised some on this board aren't all over this like flies to honey, singing Tucky's praises.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...berate-canada/ar-AA16OV1M?li=BBnbfcL#comments ----- this is the only "mainstream" mention of it I came across.

https://thedeepdive.ca/tucker-carlson-gets-trashed-online-after-saying-the-us-should-invade-canada/ ------ a bit more 'unbiased' I suppose, since it's a financial place.

Considering he supports Putin, not sure I'm surprised.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I'm surprised some on this board aren't all over this like flies to honey, singing Tucky's praises.
Well that's because you're a hate-filled bigot who paints everyone who thinks differently than you as a single evil hive mind.

So we're not surprised you're surprised.

Having said that, this goes on all the time. I recall when harper was in power and obama was screwing up the US economy it was reported that Ben Shapiro met harper and asked him to invade the US to save them as soon as possible. Harper laughed and said "Isn't that treason" and Shapiro said "Not if you win!" :)

The "we should invade" meme has been around since.... well since the last time the US actually did invade. That and its counterparts "we should join the us/canada" and "that's it, i'm moving to us/canada".

Except quebec of course who thinks we should invade/move to/become part of France.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well that's because you're a hate-filled bigot who paints everyone who thinks differently than you as a single evil hive mind.

So we're not surprised you're surprised.

Having said that, this goes on all the time. I recall when harper was in power and obama was screwing up the US economy it was reported that Ben Shapiro met harper and asked him to invade the US to save them as soon as possible. Harper laughed and said "Isn't that treason" and Shapiro said "Not if you win!" :)

The "we should invade" meme has been around since.... well since the last time the US actually did invade. That and its counterparts "we should join the us/canada" and "that's it, i'm moving to us/canada".

Except quebec of course who thinks we should invade/move to/become part of France.
Well, maybe HALF an evil hive mind.

And she does have some cause. Morons blathering about the Covid shot turning everybody into Chinese 5G antennae. . .

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
LOL - ok that was funny, Touche. :)

And she does have some cause
Every ignorant bigot holding 'universal' views that are hate based about a group that's actually wide and diverse believes that. The slave owners absolutely believed they had some cause to believe blacks were inferior. The Germans would have argued all night that there's some cause to feel the jews are evil and therefore a 'final solution; should be sought to the problem. Every single time someone thinks they have 'some cause' to justify their rampant hatred and bigotry.

I mean, we ALL make sweeping statements from time to time. And usually if called on it people concede - "ok, i'm sure there's SOME people from new york who can drive", "Ok, SOME white men can jump", etc. But there are those who are truly bigoted and hate driven towards another group. And they always feel justified because of 'some cause'.

Sorry. In my world there's very very very few cases where there's ANY cause for that kind of unjustified rampant hatred towards others. In the vast majority of cases it's a result of ignorance and bad thinking. The blacks were not inferior, the jews were not trying to take over the world, the gays weren't all pedophiles and the conservatives don't want the US to invade canada. And Tucker says shit to get people wound up because that's how he makes his money. You really can't justify the constant bigotry and hatred she displays here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I may not support a few of the letters in the alphabet soup but in the end I do support the peas, carrots and broth.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sorry. In my world there's very very very few cases where there's ANY cause for that kind of unjustified rampant hatred towards others.
Dare I suggest that there are times when it seems like you have just such an attitude toward "liberals," or will that just unleash a spate of defensive denial?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

And she does have some cause. Morons blathering about the Covid shot turning everybody into Chinese 5G antennae. . .

Hate is a strong word that I reserve for those who truly deserve it (so the usual types, Hitler, Putin, etc... claiming I might "hate" Trump is laughable as Trump isn't worthy of that much emotional effort).

Nor do I hate everything that isn't me. I don't *respect* a lot of people, but that goes hand in hand with a lot of people. I don't even "hate" this guy, I just know actually replying to him is pointless so I don't bother. So I reply "around" him :p

I mean, I could name off a lot of Republicans/Conservatives that I actually am either indifferent to or actually like/admire, and have even, but that doesn't factor into the narrative that I'm this evil person, so it's ignored. So since pretending is a thing, I'll 'pretend' too :)

As to your point; I do "hate" morons. But when it comes to Covid, that was more frustration/anger towards idiots believing in conspiracy theories and, at the time, my mom was dying and vulnerable and I'm highly protective of people I care about. I could actually respect those against it for legitimate reasons. And now I honestly don't care; just don't ask me to care if so and so's family dies from it, and they were against the shot for stupid reasons.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Hate is a strong word that I reserve for those who truly deserve it (so the usual types, Hitler, Putin, etc... claiming I might "hate" Trump is laughable as Trump isn't worthy of that much emotional effort).

Nor do I hate everything that isn't me. I don't *respect* a lot of people, but that goes hand in hand with a lot of people. I don't even "hate" this guy, I just know actually replying to him is pointless so I don't bother. So I reply "around" him :p

I mean, I could name off a lot of Republicans/Conservatives that I actually am either indifferent to or actually like/admire, and have even, but that doesn't factor into the narrative that I'm this evil person, so it's ignored. So since pretending is a thing, I'll 'pretend' too :)

As to your point; I do "hate" morons. But when it comes to Covid, that was more frustration/anger towards idiots believing in conspiracy theories and, at the time, my mom was dying and vulnerable and I'm highly protective of people I care about. I could actually respect those against it for legitimate reasons. And now I honestly don't care; just don't ask me to care if so and so's family dies from it, and they were against the shot for stupid reasons.
Personally, I use "despise." It takes the edge off "hate," and adds a useful element of contempt.

Reactions: Serryah

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
So, Tucks wants the US to invade Canada and free us from Trudeau. Cause Russia/Ukraine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...berate-canada/ar-AA16OV1M?li=BBnbfcL#comments ----- this is the only "mainstream" mention of it I came across.

https://thedeepdive.ca/tucker-carlson-gets-trashed-online-after-saying-the-us-should-invade-canada/ ------ a bit more 'unbiased' I suppose, since it's a financial place.

Considering he supports Putin, not sure I'm surprised.
wheres a radical islamic jihadist when you need one? :( ;)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Dare I suggest that there are times when it seems like you have just such an attitude toward "liberals," or will that just unleash a spate of defensive denial?
Well lets get real, you'll suggest it whether it's relevant or not in defense. :)

However as i already conceded, everyone over generalizes SOME times. It's just a human trait. But there's a difference between that and actual hatred and bigotry. While i might occasionally opine that liberal supporters shock me with their suipport of someone like justin or say something like 'those who support justin are idiots', that's more of a moment of frustration thing. I don't go out of my way to spread hatred and constant suggestions of things like "all conservatives want to see children die' or the like which has been expressed here.

I mean this whole post was just an exercise in attacking the group she hates, right?

And it's a little telling that instead of addressing the issue of this behavior you instead attempt to deflect it on to others.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Nor do I hate everything that isn't me.
Serryah, you absolutely do. Your posts are vindictive, hate filled and utterly intolerant of those you perceive as being of different belief. I get why you're trying to claim it's 'just disrespect' - you don't want to be seen as a hater. But disrespect doesn't drive people to regularly make posts and then say "see?All conservatives are like this or would do that or are opposed to this" etc.

If you're not a hate filled person in this regard all i can say is you do an absolutely Oscar-winning job of faking it.

Reactions: petros

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I gotta agree with that. Some of the hate is unfounded

Example; hates the Catholics because they arent Pro Death and uses excuses such as abortion and cries that rape is why we need abortion. A little conservation on that would reveal a Catholic hospital will abort a baby conceived by rape. Its considered a continuation of the crime.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ok, I’ve never watched anything ever by this Tucker Carlson, but this shit sounds pretty funny. It’s got to be tongue in cheek. Just look at the picture he used, trying to get across his idea of invading Canada to liberate it. 😁
1675478534201.jpeg
“Bay of Pigs”-style operation ‘cuz that went so well? This has got to be satire.

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Ok, I’ve never watched anything ever by this Tucker Carlson, but this shit sounds pretty funny. It’s got to be tongue in cheek. Just look at the picture he used, trying to get across his idea of invading Canada to liberate it. 😁
View attachment 17177
“Bay of Pigs”-style operation ‘cuz that went so well? This has got to be satire.

The thing is, Tucker Carlson's lawyers have admitted that nothing he says should be taken as truth or valid.

Yet he says so much damaging stuff - and stupid shit like this - that people DO take it as truth and valid. Ergo the problem with him.