Invasion of Canada

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The thing is, Tucker Carlson's lawyers have admitted that nothing he says should be taken as truth or valid.

Yet he says so much damaging stuff - and stupid shit like this - that people DO take it as truth and valid. Ergo the problem with him.
I know nothing about this guy, but I’m assuming that he gets off the stage and hits the green room and sparks up a great big bong, trying to think up crazy stuff outdo himself for the next show. I have to admit that I admire his choice of pictures to show Trudeau as a threat to Jafar.
1675480794537.jpeg
Maybe why he needs to appoint a minister of anti-Islamophobia or whatever she is?

Reactions: petros

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Ok, I’ve never watched anything ever by this Tucker Carlson, but this shit sounds pretty funny. It’s got to be tongue in cheek. Just look at the picture he used, trying to get across his idea of invading Canada to liberate it. 😁
View attachment 17177
“Bay of Pigs”-style operation ‘cuz that went so well? This has got to be satire.
Of course. Tucker is infotainment for the most part. He does raise some serious issues and he does make some valid and good points here and there but he's kind of like a slightly more serious and newsy version of this week tonite and the daily show. THey're comedy masked as news, he's news masked as comedy but basically the same family. You'd always want to take what he says with a grain or three of salt.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The thing is, Tucker Carlson's lawyers have admitted that nothing he says should be taken as truth or valid.

Yet he says so much damaging stuff - and stupid shit like this - that people DO take it as truth and valid. Ergo the problem with him.
No sense of humour at all .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ok, I’ve never watched anything ever by this Tucker Carlson, but this shit sounds pretty funny. It’s got to be tongue in cheek. Just look at the picture he used, trying to get across his idea of invading Canada to liberate it. 😁
View attachment 17177
“Bay of Pigs”-style operation ‘cuz that went so well? This has got to be satire.

Regardless what you think of the Trudeau Liberals, suggesting this country needs to be liberated from a government that was duly elected barely a year ago is clearly a boneheaded idea. But Carlson makes a living spouting racist, misinformed and over-the-top comments. And much of the time, including his rant about invading Canada, he appears to be doing it for a lark.

This is, in other words, a matter best left to the punditocracy, rather than legislators. And to make matters worse, the NDP tried to frame Conservative opposition to a meaningless motion condemning a man who has no control over U.S. defence policy as support for attacking Canadian democracy.

Or maybe it’s that the NDP is obsessed with finding new enemies to “save” Canadians from. They’re already running against the Conservatives and constantly attacking the Liberals, despite being wholly responsible for keeping them in power.

Reactions: Serryah

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Or maybe it’s that the NDP is obsessed with finding new enemies to “save” Canadians from. They’re already running against the Conservatives and constantly attacking the Liberals, despite being wholly responsible for keeping them in power.
It's simpler than that. THey want to be seen by their supporters and potential supporters as agreeing and disliking the same things they dislike.

It has nothing to do with what he said. Nobody in canada and very few in the states take him terribly seriously And EVERY reporter and journalist in the states right now makes a living spouting racist, misinformed and over-the-top comments. At least any successful one.

But the ndp is losing that 'connection' with their base, and they're trying to reconnect by "Sharing" a "Moment" together, like a deadbeat dad trying to reconnect with is boy after years by taking him fishing. "Hey Son, remember when we both hated Tucker Carleson? Ha! Man - those were good times. Why don't you come out and vote with me again?"

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t this Tucker Carlson a comedian like Stephen Colbert? Admittedly, I’ve never watched anything by him ever, but just going by the contents of what he’s wanting to do (invade Canada, to liberate it)…. I assumed it was satire.
1675791543038.jpeg

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
For fuck's sake, we're a damn nuclear superpower with ten times your population, fifteen times your GDP, the longest unsecured border in the world, and we're arrogant morons!

You need NEW enemies?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Like they take Stephen Colbert seriously? That kind of seriously?
LOL - very similar. :)

The thing is, they all touch on important issues and occasionally raise a good point even if it's done in a comedic fashion. But it IS infotainment. And you can't take it as a serious thing like that. But of course some do.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Nope. Not even in the same county.
Pretty much identical, it's all infotainment. Colbert goes for the comedy more, tucker goes for the outrageousness more, cnn goes for the anger more, but they're all just spinning bullshit to try to get you emotionally involved for ad revenues.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Pretty much identical, it's all infotainment. Colbert goes for the comedy more, tucker goes for the outrageousness more, cnn goes for the anger more, but they're all just spinning bullshit to try to get you emotionally involved for ad revenues.
Well, target audiences are different (>100 vs. <100 IQ), and Tucker's goobers take him seriously.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well, target audiences are different (>100 vs. <100 IQ), and Tucker's goobers take him seriously.
The iq of the target markets are identical :) They're both largely morons, and a handful of intelligent people who can watch either and find them comedic without taking them to heart :)

And no higher a percent take tucker seriously than colbert etc. It's like arguing if coke or pepsi is better.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Forgive my ignorance, but isn’t this Tucker Carlson a comedian like Stephen Colbert? Admittedly, I’ve never watched anything by him ever, but just going by the contents of what he’s wanting to do (invade Canada, to liberate it)…. I assumed it was satire.
View attachment 17232
No he is more of a big headed pontificating bag of air , a t.v. Version of Rush and other commentators. The comments regarding invasion of Canada were clearly tongue In cheek and meant as a joke .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The iq of the target markets are identical :) They're both largely morons, and a handful of intelligent people who can watch either and find them comedic without taking them to heart :)

And no higher a percent take tucker seriously than colbert etc. It's like arguing if coke or pepsi is better.
Roe & Co. is better.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well that explains Serryah's reaction then.

Nah, I know Tucks is an absolute moron; it's other people who listen to him and believe him that are the issue, But that's a level of subtlety that I was sure you wouldn't get, Jin, and you did not disappoint.