I felt it was time to post this old article about Trudeau - Written by the highly

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
[FONT=&quot]Canada is better today because of the Liberal mind.[/FONT]

Socrates, Canada is certainly a better place because of Trudeau.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Being called an as hole by Nixon is a compliment more than anything.

Indeed. Trudeau had the guts to stand up to the Americans. While that pissed of conservatives here in Canada (many of them slavishly adore everything American), it endeared him to most of Canada. And of course, he endured the wrath of USA.

But hey, being criticized by Nixon? What could be a bigger honour?

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Pretty much. Nixon was a crook, a warhawk and an embarrassment to his great country. If he called me an as hole I'd spend the rest of my life bragging about it.

Indeed, I saw on CNN just yesterday that they released some Nixon tapes. On that Nixon says he is prolife, against abortion, except in a few cases. One of them is if it is an interracial marriage, then he thinks the baby should be aborted.

I am sure Trudeau probably was on Nixon’s famous ‘enemies list’. Many of his political opponents probably considered it a great honour to be on Nixon’s ‘enemies list’.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Indeed, I saw on CNN just yesterday that they released some Nixon tapes. On that Nixon says he is prolife, against abortion, except in a few cases. One of them is if it is an interracial marriage, then he thinks the baby should be aborted.

I am sure Trudeau probably was on Nixon’s famous ‘enemies list’. Many of his political opponents probably considered it a great honour to be on Nixon’s ‘enemies list’.

I doubt if there's anything Nixon said that is worth quoting. I think the most memorable thing he ever said is "I'm not a crook" and that would only be good for political cartoons.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Anyway, here are some of the juicer quotes.

Still basking in the afterglow of a landslide 49-state reelection in 1972, Nixon at one point tells aide Charles Colson that he wants nothing to do with those who would advise reaching out to critics in order to try and unify the country.

“Somebody wrote me a memorandum about that and I told [White House Chief of Staff H.R.] Haldeman if anyone ever showed me that again I'm gonna flush them down the goddamn john," Nixon says.

At another point, Nixon tells then-Republican National Committee Chairman George H.W. Bush that the GOP can further boost its electoral fortunes by recruiting "attractive" women to run for office.

“Understand, I don't do it because I'm for women, but I'm doing it because I think maybe a woman might win someplace where a man might not.”

Nixon also indicates a deep distrust of his senior Cabinet officers, telling Colson on January 5, 1973, to start keeping a detailed log of phone calls made by then-National Security Adviser Henry Kissinger.

"Incidentally, I want it on his private phone too," Nixon tells Colson. "We can get that, can't we?"

Nixon library releases tapes, papers from early in 2nd term - CNN.com

What a great guy. Personally, I would think less of Trudeau if he had not been on Nixon’s enemies list.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Why would I want to be any one else ,S the G

China great iq, first you would never date women like Barbara Straisant, second you do not have Pierre Elliott Trudeau's charisma to live such a life, I noticed on your avatar you are alone what happened to your friend?.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I wonder if the rifle he used to make the deer skin coat was registered?
Bloody hunters>
LOL

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hey China, not in a billion light years you will ever become what....
There is only "what is" StG .The process of becoming is a system employed by a loosers .But I,m sure that's beyond you

Pierre Elliott Trudeau was to millions of Canadians.

Hey man,not to the millions west of Winnipeg ; and they were the Canadians who were suffering because of the complete incompetence of that moron .

Last edited: