Hank Williams: Obama ''Enemy''

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
On Fox & Friends, Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama Playing Golf With Boehner To "Hitler Playing Golf With Netanyahu"

Williams Then Calls Obama And Biden "The Enemy"

On Fox & Friends , Hank Williams Jr. Compares Obama Playing Golf With Boehner To "Hitler Playing Golf With Netanyahu" | Media Matters for America

transcript:

WILLIAMS: Come on. Come on. It would be like Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu, OK? CARLSON: OK.
WILLIAMS: Not hardly. In the country this shape is in, the shape this country's in, I mean, no, I don't think so.

BRIAN KILMEADE (co-host): Yeah, I don't understand that analogy, actually.
DOOCY: Well, it's -- it's out there.

WILLIAMS: Well, I'm glad you don't, brother, because a lot of people do. You know, they're the enemy. They're the enemy.

KILMEADE: Who's the enemy?

WILLIAMS: Obama! And Biden! Are you kidding? The Three Stooges.
DOOCY: That's only two.
[...]
CARLSON: I just want to say that we disavow any of those comments or analogies that he's made, at least I'm going to say that, disavow the analogy between Hitler and the president.

-------------------------------------------

At one time the far right decided that criticizing the president was tantamount to treason. This is why they criticized the Dixie Chicks so vehemently. They went so far as to threaten the singers, cause a boycott of their songs on radio stations, and cause the cancellation of several concerts. If they are consistent in the application of their ''principles'' they would do the same today.

Now let's see them do the same to Williams.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
H.W.Jr., sounds like a very stupid man, anytime anyone compares a respectable person, (but obviously a
person he doesn't like) to hitler, then it's all about their own lack of 'brain matter', and nothing to
do with the president at all.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
At one time the far right decided that criticizing the president was tantamount to treason. This is why they criticized the Dixie Chicks so vehemently. They went so far as to threaten the singers, cause a boycott of their songs on radio stations, and cause the cancellation of several concerts. If they are consistent in the application of their ''principles'' they would do the same today.

Now let's see them do the same to Williams.

Yes, I'll be interested to see the country music world band together like they did before.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Hank Williams Jr. is the voice of America's heartland.

In other news, America's heartland is absolutely batsh*t insane.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A stupid off-the-cuff comment by an entertainer who hasn't been relevant for 25 years or more.

But the cowardly reaction from ESPN was just as ridiculous. Well we won't use your song on our program. We'll show you boy oh boy.

The fake emotions being stirred are no worse really than previous hymietown, white interlopers or the current WaPo-made troll 'story' concerning the so-called niggerhead hunt camp.

MSM are the boss trolls.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
A stupid off-the-cuff comment by an entertainer who hasn't been relevant for 25 years or more.

But the cowardly reaction from ESPN was just as ridiculous. Well we won't use your song on our program. We'll show you boy oh boy.

The fake emotions being stirred are no worse really than previous hymietown, white interlopers or the current WaPo-made troll 'story' concerning the so-called niggerhead hunt camp.

MSM are the boss trolls.

ESPN saying they don't want to use a song is "just as ridiculous" as comparing Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

MSM are the boss trolls.

I guess you don't remember the Dixie Chicks foolishness, do you? This is exactly the same reaction. It's stupid now, it was stupid then, but the funny thing is, the whiners now were the ones threatening bodily harm back then. So it's pretty amusing, now that the shoe is on the other foot.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well Hank Williams Jr is already trying to back down from his initial comments. I think this, along with the fact that Republican social conservatism appeals to the demographics that traditionally are most supportive of country music will combine to ensure this generates no where near the media attention that the Dixie Chicks did. The passage of time (specifically more time to heal from the wounds of 9/11) also plays a part in this. I don't think we will see anywhere near the reaction, although Williams statements are far less supportive of democratic values.

I'll give the Dixie Chicks more props: they were willing to make their statement and stick to their guns, as opposed to folding their tents as soon as possible adversity cropped up. Williams isn't showing any strength behind his convictions, just the bluster of an idiot on a soapbox...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Idiots should be able to say any idiotic thing they want as long as its non-violent.

The Dixie Chicks were touring Europe at the time and getting a European viewpoint of the US decision to invade Iraq based on obvious lies and deceptions.... A majority of Americans believed US government lies and deceptions, because the US MSM played along and supported the US government's decision to start an unprovoked war. As a result a majority of Americans, who believed US government claims that Iraq possessed stockpiles of WMDs and were involved in the events of 9/11, considered questioning their government's decision to start an unprovoked war with Iraq as treasonous at the time. Eventually most Americans realized their government and MSM lied and deceived them into supporting an unprovoked war which cost American taxpayers hundreds of billions, killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people and made millions more homeless refugees. I still haven't seen any Americans demanding that Bush and company be held to the same standards of justice as Saddam Hussein, who also authorized torture, summary executions and started an unprovoked war which killed hundreds of thousands.

BTW, Obama, just like Bush and Cheney, also authorizes summary execution.

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The drama with Maines was just as 'ridiculous'. Radio stations and fans fretting all over themselves. Then GWB defended her rights. The marketplace took care of her though for the most part.

But back to Hank. This dork (seemed out of it too) used a piss-poor analogy because he didn't like the Obama/Boehner Biden/Kasich foursome trying to appear as though they got along. Hell, he could only name two of the stooges.

I think ESPN (aka Disney) panicked. MNF ratings are solid and male-based anyway. Should have waited a couple days.

It's freedom of capitalism here sure, but still. It's conditioning. 'What will people say"???? 'Oh my gawd'.

But have faith, Hank wants to run for the Tennessee Senate in 2012! The people will speak eh. :lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hank Williams jr. has been a second or third rate football comentator for the last twenty years.
Williams should have stuck to country music. The last decent song by him that I remember
was "Family Tradition".

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
And i'm wondering if HW Jr. is a bigot. If so his dad would be turning over in his grave because 'he' was
very close to the black people, lived amongst them at times, some of his music came from that culture, and although his life was a
mess because of alchohol, he was a thoughtful and open minded person, whith no hatefull thoughts to others.