Hamas attacks Israel

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Would you live under rule of Russian Orthodox Jews?
The Russians are currently the buddies of Iran (so Hezbollah, Houthi’s, Iranian National Whatever, and several other semi independent but dependent militias reliant on Iran, etc…) at this point, right? Isn’t Putin siding with not-Israel & not-USA? Generally those that haven’t criticized the Ukraine/Russia scuffle? Is a 3 day invasion that’s already stretched to over 2 years still considered a scuffle

(I doubt I’d want to live under Orthodox Jews, Orthodox Muslims, Orthodox Christians, or Orthodox Anyone else)

Anyway, back to the two state thing I guess:
If Bibi doesn't want a two state option that leaves Palestinians where? Utopia?
Same the other way, so I’m assuming the Israelis better learn how to swim, permanently.
The propaganda Putin uses about denazifying the Donbass is the same as Israel deHamasing Gaza.
Hmmm…two sides (at least) to every story. Back on October 7th, from the Cell Phone & GoPro video from the Hamas Militant Wing and the participating Palestinians, and even from some of the Israelis that morning…the antagonists refer to corpses of the murdered as ”Jews,” “dogs” and “settlers.” Not once do they refer to them as Israelis. They cannot bring themselves to utter the word. The victims are utterly dehumanized and demonized. Weird that.
What's the death toll?
According to whom? On what side? Starting with the most (or is it second most?) recent breaking of the cease-fire? Some other starting point?

The Special Military Operation to get those Avoz bastards out of the West Bank to rescue the Hebrew speaking people from the Arabs.
Paywalled article. I’ll hunt for one that’s not locked when time permits. I’m assuming, without currently having access to it, it’s a mirror reflection of the Arab side of the story wanting to rescue the world from the existence of the Jews/Zionists/etc…? Something like the special military operation the morning of Oct 7th but from the Hamas/Palestinian/Arab perspective?

For the first several decades (from the Peel thing forward) regarding a two state solution, it reads like the Israeli’s where for it and Arabs rejected it, repeatedly.
1712450360598.jpeg
Areas enclosed within the red line were part of the proposed Jewish state. The black line with hatched area represents an "enclave" (or "corridor") that was proposed as an international zone to remain under British control and administration, in recognition of Jerusalem's religious and historical importance to Christians, Jews, and Muslims.
Then it went downhill, repeatedly.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So the two state solution concept is only 30 years old then? Started about 1994-ish? So post-Arab Summit & pre-Camp David. Nothing before then?
View attachment 21665
Was the two state solution concept considered in the more than 1/2 century before 1994-ish and if so what prevented it? The first mention I can find a two state solution concept is the Peel commission, somewhat previous to 1994-ish.
There have been 2 state solutions around since 1967.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There have been 2 state solutions around since 1967.
Proposed 2 state solutions since 1937 as far as I can see. Maybe further, but at least to 1937. Never worked. Never accepted by both sides.
Yep. Pretty much the same as today.
Because Israel refuses to stop settling the West Bank. Same refusal for 57 years. That's why there's a Hamas.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Israel announces largest West Bank land seizure since 1993 during Blinken visit

By Cate Brown
March 22, 2024 at 7:06 p.m. EDT

Israel’s far-right finance minister, Bezalel Smotrich, announced the seizure of 10 square kilometers (3.8 square miles) of Palestinian territory in the West Bank on Friday. The move marks the single largest land seizure by the Israeli government since the 1993 Oslo accords, according to Peace Now, a settlement watchdog group.

“While there are those in Israel and the world who seek to undermine our right over the Judea and Samaria area and the country in general,” Smotrich said Friday, referring to the territory by its biblical name, “we are promoting settlement through hard work and in a strategic manner all over the country.”

Israeli settlements in the West Bank are considered illegal under international law. Still, Israel has used land orders like the one issued Friday to gain control over 16 percent of Palestinian-controlled lands in the West Bank. The newly seized area includes parcels in the Jordan Valley and between the settlements of Maale Adumim and Keidar.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Russians are currently the buddies of Iran (so Hezbollah, Houthi’s, Iranian National Whatever, and several other semi independent but dependent militias reliant on Iran, etc…) at this point, right?
Pay attention!

Russians in Israel or Russian Israelis are post-Soviet Russian citizens who immigrate to Israel and their descendants. As of 2022, Russian-speakers number around 1,300,000 people, or 15% of the Israeli population.[3][4] This number, however, also includes immigrants from the Soviet Union and post-Soviet states other than Russia proper.[1][5

They are Likud....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Because Israel refuses to stop settling the West Bank. Same refusal for 57 years. That's why there's a Hamas.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Israel announces largest West Bank land seizure since 1993 during Blinken visit

By Cate Brown
March 22, 2024 at 7:06 p.m. EDT

Israel’s far-right finance minister, Bezalel Smotrich, announced the seizure of 10 square kilometers (3.8 square miles) of Palestinian territory in the West Bank on Friday. The move marks the single largest land seizure by the Israeli government since the 1993 Oslo accords, according to Peace Now, a settlement watchdog group.

“While there are those in Israel and the world who seek to undermine our right over the Judea and Samaria area and the country in general,” Smotrich said Friday, referring to the territory by its biblical name, “we are promoting settlement through hard work and in a strategic manner all over the country.”

Israeli settlements in the West Bank are considered illegal under international law. Still, Israel has used land orders like the one issued Friday to gain control over 16 percent of Palestinian-controlled lands in the West Bank. The newly seized area includes parcels in the Jordan Valley and between the settlements of Maale Adumim and Keidar.
You can't blame one side in this. From what I have read, 1967 two state solution failed because the Palestinans would not accept Israel as a state. Both sides are guilty as hell at preventing any type of peace in the area. And yes, Israel is blatantly breaking. international law. They realize nobody enforces it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You can't blame one side in this. From what I have read, 1967 two state solution failed because the Palestinans would not accept Israel as a state. Both sides are guilty as hell at preventing any type of peace in the area. And yes, Israel is blatantly breaking. international law. They realize nobody enforces it.
Who is blaming one side? Again Israeli propaganda...how can there be a Palestinian state without recognizing Israel as a state? Pure propaganda.

They've came close to a deal numerous times and it hasn't been the propaganda heard over and over and over and over as to why they've failed. It's Israel not Palestine not wanting to settle by a long shot.

Read this to get caught up and learn about what really happened since the Oslo Accord in 91cuz what you two are claiming is far from accurate and a perfect example of regurgitated shit fed to the west.

Yes Israel has no respect for international laws and gets away with it by using a 75 year old guilt trip.

Yeah yeah yeah "River to the sea" shit and blah blah blah "genocide". They can have their propaganda rally cries too can they not?

Sooooo how many Hamas remain holed up and how many dead? What's the score? Who is winning?

Why has Israel killed 200+ aid workers?

What was the purpose of bombing Iranian embassy in Syria? To trigger the Samson option when Iran retaliates? Netanyahu is a far bigger threat to the world than anyone else with nukes. He'll use them long before Putin will.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Proposed 2 state solutions since 1937 as far as I can see. Maybe further, but at least to 1937. Never worked. Never accepted by both sides.

You could say the two state idea has been around since Britian agreed during WWI to give Palestine it's own state if they helped defeat the Ottoman Empire. And Israel was already a sort of 'plan in the works' so...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I would not willingly live under the rule of any religious fruitcakes. Which is exactly what muslims are.

So you'd have issue with the Orthodoxy in Judaism also controlling Israel?

Christians controlling the US?

Because their extreme branches - religious fruitcakes if you will - are trying real hard to get control too.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don’t doubt either of your statements.
It's what they (Isreal) is waiting for. This could have over decades ago if Israel would exit the West Bank.

Taking more West Bank land 2 weeks ago says Bibi has zero intent of doing so and not only pisses Palestinians but Israel's supporting allies.

It won't be long until an international peacekeeping force enters Gaza stopping the indiscriminate slaughter.