Haiti,lets discuss it civilly

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
That is just another reason to keep the military in those countries till they stabilize. I think we all left Haiti to soon. They still need a strong (UN) police presence that can support the people. As for Somalia, that would involve us with another war to crush the fighting factions and find out who is the legal government.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That is just another reason to keep the military in those countries till they stabilize. I think we all left Haiti to soon. They still need a strong (UN) police presence that can support the people. As for Somalia, that would involve us with another war to crush the fighting factions and find out who is the legal government.

Let's face it, if we'd never left Haiti it probably would have been too soon. When was the last time Haiti was truly stable on it's own, at least for any decent length of time?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That is just another reason to keep the military in those countries till they stabilize. I think we all left Haiti to soon. They still need a strong (UN) police presence that can support the people. .

You mean we didn't take over?