Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh, OK. So tell me, what are the 38,000 people in Canadian prisons? Tourists?

And how many of them have guns?
Well, let's see, about 350-400 homicides per year in Canada involve a firearm. And just as an FYI, 30% of the federal prison population are First Nations. Not that they're worse criminals than everyone else, it's just they're the least likely to be allowed to walk or get a reduced sentence, despite some of the sensationalization about a handful who got their wrists slapped for serious crimes, because ya know, White people never get their wrists slapped for serious crimes.

Reactions: taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, let's see, about 350-400 homicides per year in Canada involve a firearm. And just as an FYI, 30% of the federal prison population are First Nations. Not that they're worse criminals than everyone else, it's just they're the least likely to be allowed to walk or get a reduced sentence, despite some of the sensationalization about a handful who got their wrists slapped for serious crimes, because ya know, White people never get their wrists slapped for serious crimes.
No different here (just more Blacks and Hispanics to help fill up the prison population, closer to 40% non-White).

Secondly, not all gun crimes are homicides.

Having looked at the stats, though, I have to say your gun laws are working. Your gun homicide rate is probably close to the irreducible minimum.

We have a problem, you have a political show.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
No different here (just more Blacks and Hispanics to help fill up the prison population, closer to 40% non-White).

Secondly, not all gun crimes are homicides.

Having looked at the stats, though, I have to say your gun laws are working. Your gun homicide rate is probably close to the irreducible minimum.

We have a problem, you have a political show.
Yes but your problem is societal, not guns. Your population is 10x that of Canada yet you suffer 30x as many homicides than Canada.
Secondly, between 2000-2015 more Canadians were stabbed to death than shot to death.
Thirdly, the number one cause of criminal death in Canada is drunk driving, not all impaired driving ,JUST drunk driving. It kills 1500 Canadians every year. That's almost 5x as many Canadians as are shot to death. And yet the Fed still refuses to treat car ownership and driving anywhere nearly as seriously as firearms.
In fact, between 2000-2016 of the 13,168 firearm related deaths in Canada, 9919 of them were suicides. So over 16 years just over 3000 Canadians were victims of firearm related homicides or accidents.
Keep in mind that up until Groper's first gun grab Canada ranked third among Western industrialized nations in private gun ownership. (US, Norway, Canada) And depending on whose stats you used, there were 45-60 privately owned firearms per 100 citizens. Compare that to America's 90 guns per 100 people and it still doesn't explain the vast difference in murder stats.
In 2020 the US saw an increase of homicide by firearm of 30% over 2019. Only three states saw a decrease, Maine, New Mexico, and Alaska which is probably the most firearm prolific state in the union.

But, like so many other problems govts create, they'd rather focus on the surface issue than the root of the problem because THEY ARE the root of the problem.
Again in Canada, from 2000-2008 under the previous Liberal govt homicides and other violent crimes were trending upwards. Not rapidly but the trend was definitely upwards. From 2009-2015 under a Conservative govt and in the middle of a global recession homicides and other violent crimes started trending downwards and kept on doing so until Groper was elected. Since then those crimes have skyrocketed.
It's just more evidence that in Canada violent crimes increase under Liberal govts.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Meth rats gang bangers or Cree Christian Conservatives with carry permits on bear watch?

Saskatchewan UPDATED

Sask. RCMP ends shelter-in-place alert around La Ronge, multiple people in custody​

Residents were urged to shelter in place, children's festival was shut down​

CBC News

Posted: 5 Hours Ago
Last Updated: 27 Minutes Ago1655686543350.png

La Ronge shooting suspect
RCMP issued a photo of one of the suspects being sought in La Ronge, Sask., area on Sunday. (RCMP)

A shelter-in-place alert for communities around La Ronge, Sask., has been cancelled.

RCMP said earlier officers came under fire on Sunday, and urged residents in the communities about 300 kilometres northeast of Saskatoon to shelter in place while 2 men armed with handguns were sought.

Just after 5:30 PM CST the alert was cancelled. RCMP said multiple people had been taken into custody but nobody had been injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
One man whose photo was released by RCMP has not yet been located, or his identity confirmed.

He's described as a man with short, dark hair with the sides shaved, wearing dark pants and a dark shirt with gold patterns down the sleeves, and dark runners.

He was last seen on foot in the area of Far Reserve Road in the Village of Air Ronge, and that there was a possible sighting of the suspect going north on Highway 2, RCMP said.

Motorists are being advised to not stop for hitchhikers, and contact police immediately if he is seen. He's considered dangerous and should not be approached.

1655686607432.pngRCMP said there will be a heavy police presence in La Ronge and surrounding communities as the investigation continues.

RCMP urged residents of the northern village of La Ronge to shelter in place after gunshots were allegedly fired at officers. (Google Maps)

Children's festival shut down​

La Ronge had been hosting its annual children's festival, which started at noon, but organizers paused the event and sent everyone home after the RCMP alert. It was officially shut down at 2:45.

Viviana Ruiz Arcand, one of the festival organizers, says she heard police sirens but not near the event.

However, she wasn't taking any chances when it comes to safety.

"We just proceeded to make a general announcement on the stage of the children's festival to say that we're postponing until we get an all-clear from the authorities," Ruiz Arcand said.

Ruiz Arcand says the event usually draws about 500 people throughout the day, and people who didn't get the alert are being sent home.

Ruiz Arcand says performers were brought in from across the province for the event. For now, she says, the festival is on hold for the day, and organizers are already working on a rescheduling plan.

"A smaller scale version might happen if you can't get it back up and going," Ruiz Arcand said.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
All right! Since every gun law does no good, time to repeal the machine-gun ban!
Yeah, that's right buddy. And let's punish all the law-abiding firearms owners with even more onerous laws and gun grabs because of what criminals with guns do. That'll help the fucking situation. Let's see, the large majority of homicides by firearm are with already strictly controlled handguns. So what's the Groper govt do? Bans a whole range of semi-auto rifles. Homicide by firearms continues to increase.
Groper hears about a mass shooting at a school a few miles from the US-Mexico border and figures it's relevant in Canada and makes a further semi-auto rifle grab. Again, the stats aren't relevant to what happens in Canada because even while our cultures are rather similar, they are also very different in some ways.

Here's the thing about the anti-gun goofs. They don't want guns banned. They merely want them centralized in the hands of organizations they routinely call fascist and White supremist; the police and military. We no longer have real gun control in Canada. We have a fucking idiot who decides who can own what based entirely on whims and shit that happens in foreign countries.

Sixty-five. That's the number of people killed in Canada's WORST year for homicide by long gun. Sixty-five. That's long guns of all type. Sixty-five. Kind'a pales in comparison to the 1500 Canadians that are killed every year just by drunk drivers.

Again, this is why I campaign for car ownership and driving laws to be as onerous and unforgiving as gun laws in this country. If I accidentally kill someone with my car due to gross criminal negligence on my part, after getting out of prison I'll be allowed to drive again. Yet if I have an accidental misfire with my firearm, even if nobody is wounded or killed and there's no property damage I'll still be prohibited from ever owning a firearm again.

It doesn't matter if one is designed just for killing and the other isn't. Both of them can be lethal to others in the hands of idiots. An AR-15 can't shoot people by itself and a vehicle can't just up and start itself and drive off. Although maybe they can since cars are now hackable, I dunno .

Here's the thing. All idiot driving was described in the cover-all terms dangerous/reckless driving. Then govts needed to pretend they were doing something about the increase in drunk driving and made it a separate law with slightly higher penalties for it. However, so far it seems you can kill at least 4 people due to some form of careless/reckless driving and STILL get your licence back once yer out of the slammer.

Makes no sense to me. A no harm, no foul accidental discharge of a firearm nets you a lifetime ban on owning firearms. Killing 4 people in a drunk driving accident doesn't prohibit you from ever driving again.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We no longer have real gun control in Canada. We have a fucking idiot who decides who can own what based entirely on whims and shit that happens in foreign countries.
Yeah, that's what I said.

Well, the gun control part. Not the slobbering hatred.

Any luck coming up with some sensible phone control laws?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yeah, that's what I said.
No, it's not.
Well, the gun control part. Not the slobbering hatred.
It ain't your country that Groper is fucking up so just give it a fucking rest, dildo.
Any luck coming up with some sensible phone control laws?
Yep. I use the same argument that Canadian leftards use. Nobody living in a city needs a personal automobile. There's public transit and taxis. Learn to appreciate them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, it's not.

It ain't your country that Groper is fucking up so just give it a fucking rest, dildo.

Yep. I use the same argument that Canadian leftards use. Nobody living in a city needs a personal automobile. There's public transit and taxis. Learn to appreciate them.
Sounds like fun. If you ever manage to state an opinion without really weird insults, do let us know.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to advance Trudeau’s gun control efforts​

5D2D778A-2542-482D-B5CF-46DA79CCC310.jpeg

• Angry

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki tried to ‘jeopardize’ mass murder investigation to advance Trudeau’s gun control efforts​

View attachment 14261

Another prominent female appointee in the Liberal fold who was apparently instructed to interfere in a judicial/criminal matter to influence political favour. The fact that Trudeau would unscrupulously and unconscionably use the tragic loss of the NS victims families to push his political agenda is not surprising. The fact that this PMO is NEVER held accountable...nor ever will be....for it's unprecedented level of corruption, interference, and countless scandals is honestly stunning.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

View attachment 14261

From your LINK:

RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki “made a promise” to Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and the Prime Minister’s Office to leverage the mass murders of April 18/19, 2020 to get a gun control law passed.

A week after the murders, Lucki pressured RCMP in Nova Scotia to release details of the weapons used by the killer. But RCMP commanders in Nova Scotia refused to release such details, saying doing so would threaten their investigation into the murders.

The Trudeau government’s gun control objectives were spelled out in an order in council issued in May 2020, and were encapsulated in Bill C-21, which was tabled last month, but the concern in April 2020 was the extent to which politics threatened to interfere with a cross-border police investigation into how the killer managed to obtain and smuggle into Canada four illegal guns used to commit many of the 22 murders.

The RCMP subsequently learned the killer paid a man named Neil Gallivan to purchase one assault-style rifle at a 2019 gun show in Houlton, Maine. The killer also obtained two illegal handguns from a close friend and collector named Sean Conlogue.

No charges have been laid against either Gallivan or Conlogue, and it’s still unclear why.

But the Mounties didn’t have that information on April 28, 2020 — just one week after the murders — when Nova Scotia Supt. Darren Campbell briefed journalists at a news conference. Campbell noted that Lucki went on at length and said she was “sad and disappointed” that he had not provided these details to the media.

Much more at your link. Gotta have priorities & it’s good to see what they where. What’s another Trudeau female appointee under the bus (‘cuz it’s 2015?)?
Isn’t Brenda Lucki some kind’a in-law or something to Trudeau or someone else in his upper cabinet??

Reactions: taxslave and Colpy

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sorry, my bad. Quick Google search found this:

It all began in late August, when Twitterusers began to assert that the RCMP’s Lucki is married to a relative of the finance minister, a man named Ray Gauthier.

According to this rumor, the kinship between the RCMP boss and the Liberal minister is the reason why Canada’s top police agency did not investigate the Liberal government’s handling of the SNC-Lavalin corruption scandal, which caused controversy in Canada in early 2019.

It was revealed in February 2019 that Prime Minister Trudeau and his inner circle had attempted to pressure his justice minister into avoiding a trial on corruption charges for the Quebec based construction company.

The false connection quickly spread across other social media platforms, was converted into easily-shared memes, and was repeated thousands of times by the first week of the federal election campaign.

1655860171263.png
I must have seen something like this & never bothered (didn’t care enough) to check it out. I was wrong. Bill C-11 me.