Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No, if the police shoot someone it's because a buck-naked man reached for his waistband.

They ain't even trying to come up with a decent lie anymore. It's "I was in fear of my life." The very fact that they use the awkward grammar and preposition, rather than "for" the obvious choice of a middlin'-educated English speaker, demonstrates that it's a rote-memorized line.

Hell, our cops have so much impunity they don't even bother to carry throw-down pieces anymore.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
No, if the police shoot someone it's because a buck-naked man reached for his waistband.
They ain't even trying to come up with a decent lie anymore. It's "I was in fear of my life." The very fact that they use the awkward grammar and preposition, rather than "for" the obvious choice of a middlin'-educated English speaker, demonstrates that it's a rote-memorized line.
Hell, our cops have so much impunity they don't even bother to carry throw-down pieces anymore.

You are projecting amurikin problems on Canada. In canada, we have a problem with police carding minorities, not shooting them.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Trudeau Government Defines the Firearms
They Will Ban Next

The Trudeau government’s next gun ban will target the best-selling semi-automatic rifles in Canada.

So says Member of Parliament Joël Lightbound, Parliamentary Secretary for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

In his response to ePetition e-2341, Joël Lightbound reiterated the Liberal government’s three criteria for banning and confiscating firearms from federally-licensed, RCMP-vetted firearm owners: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2341

• have semi-automatic action with sustain rapid-fire capability (tactical/military design with large magazine capacity)
  • modern design;
  • present in large volumes in the Canadian market.

What are the 10 (or 20 or 50) best-selling semi-automatic rifles in Canada? You know? The high-capacity 5-shot ones. (before you write a letter, that was sarcasm.)

They’ll be listed on the next gun ban by Order in Council.

We know Mr. Lightbound is a new M.P. and a relatively young man (32) but he is an educated person with a law degree from McGill University, the great bastion of Quebec liberalism.

An intelligent man like Lightbound (or even a total fool) must see the gaping hole in the master plan:

What about illegal guns in the hands of gangs and violent criminals?

The Liberal government has no plan to confiscate any of those guns from the criminals who own them and seem perfectly content to practice catch-and-release law enforcement, yet Joël Lightbound has the audacity to claim:

Canadians deserve to live in a society where they can feel safe and secure from gun violence .”

We agree. Canadians absolutely deserve to feel safe in their homes and in their communities.

Canadians are rightfully afraid of dangerous criminals like those who violate firearm prohibition orders. [ii]

The best way to keep Canadians safe is to disarm those members of society most likely to commit violent acts, but that's does not appear to be the Liberal government's plan.

The government ignores violent offenders and its plan does not include taking illegal guns away from dangerous criminals.

Instead the Liberal government will ban and confiscate ( from licensed, RCMP-vetted firearm owners only ), any firearm with:

• a “semi-automatic action”
  • that “is of modern design” and
  • is present in large volumes in the Canadian market.”

Is it any wonder Canada’s licensed gun owners get so frustrated?

Sources:
https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2341 https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-2341
[ii] https://christopherdiarmani.com/firearm-prohibition-order-violators/

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Re: "The Liberal government has no plan to confiscate any of those guns from the criminals who own them"

I don't think criminals can legally own a gun in Canada.

Therefore any gun they own would be taken from them as soon as it was found.

Would you like Trudeau to rewrite that law somehow?

Maybe they could confiscate it before they found it?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Who's winninv the debate so far?
Talk to your local police officer to see if legal gun owners are high on their check list?
You will probably get the same answer I got from an officer in a town where 90% of the adult population has a firearm for hunting and/or target practice!
As a matter of fact, I have never had a police officer knock on my door to check on any firearm I might own!
All those laws that Trudeau is popping out is to placate stoopid people like hoid!