Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What about the ice free North pole since 2013?

That should be enough to move any skeptic

I check weather conditions across the country quite regularly and I often notice temperatures of minus 30 and colder at Alert and even in summer Alert only has about six frost free weeks, so it's a mystery to me how the Pole can be ice free. Who perpetuates this shit?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I check weather conditions across the country quite regularly and I often notice temperatures of minus 30 and colder at Alert and even in summer Alert only has about six frost free weeks, so it's a mystery to me how the Pole can be ice free. Who perpetuates this shit?

No one perpetuates it anymore since the prediction failed so miserably. However, it acts in a manner to fully represent the many, many failed models, predictions, projections, etc of the ecoweenie crowd that make the feeble attempts at scaring people into believing in a nonexistent circumstance that appears to be engineered to be nothing more than an excuse to raise taxes.

Much like that emancipated polar bear that was used as nothing more than a prop for global warming, the lobby that forwarded that pict as proof-positive of global warming, conveniently forgot to mention that the photo was taken in the summer and their (expert) analysis was that the animal was starving as opposed to any possibility to being too elderly to hunt effectively or possibly in poor health (or both).

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Science does not deal with subjective experience... Well that is too bad because that is all any of us ever have. - Terence McKenna

Capitalism is the greatest scam in human history.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Just something to think over.

https://www.wunderground.com/resources/climate/melting_permafrost.asp

There is a great deal of difference between permafrost and snow.

1. A temperature profile that allows snow to reach the surface
2. Saturated air
3. Enough lifting of that saturated air to allow snow to develop aloft and fall to reach the surface
The phrase "it’s too cold to snow" probably originated as a misapplication of the relationship between temperature and the maximum amount of water vapor that can be in the air. When temperature decreases, the maximum capacity of water vapor that can be in the air decreases. Therefore, the colder it gets the less water vapor there will be in the air.
Most heavy snowfalls happen with relatively warm air temperatures near the ground -- usually at 15 degrees F or above. When the temperature drops into the single digits, or below zero, heavy snow is unlikely. That’s not because it’s too cold, but because its too dry. When temperatures are that low, the air’s capacity for water vapor becomes very small.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/features/trend/too-cold-to-snow/6953983

Last edited:

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
New glaciers in the making.
Not really ....if snow only forms when there is enough water vapor and the excess water vapor is forming because of melting permafrost....the snow will not last long enough to form permafrost never mind glaciers. Remember it needs a warm enough surface to allow such water vapour

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It has nothing to do with permafrost.

Glaciers begin to form when snow remains in the same area year-round, where enough snow accumulates to transform into ice. Each year, new layers of snow bury and compress the previous layers. This compression forces the snow to re-crystallize, forming grains similar in size and shape to grains of sugar.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
LOL for goodness sake if an Alaskan mountain top is receiving more than double the amount of snowfall than usual, could it be the surface in that area? We already know the oceans are warmer.....or at least the fish do!! And I know certain areas of Canada are producing crops on land they never could before because warming has lengthened the growing season. Now I remember why I generally do not respond anymore to some of the more outrageous posts!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There is no permafrost melting in the Alpine zone and snow is building up, compressed into ice and making glaciers grow.

But now that the Pacific lost 4° in one season, it won't snow on those Alaska mtns like it has in recent history.

Lakes melting?

New beaches?

Do you know what a beach is?