GB News could kill off the woke MSM

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
1611249545212.png

EXCITING: MSM News Is Dead 👏 Andrew Neil Mega Stars ⭐️ Nick Ferrari, Julia Hartley-Brewer & ME!!!

Former BBC heavyweight Andrew Neil is recruiting bighitters for his new anti-woke 24/7 news channel GB News, dubbed "Britain's Fox News", which will be launched soon and which could kill off the woke MSM like Sky News and BBC News.

Reactions: taxslave

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Same with anything in the Post Media group. They all have their agendas these days. I find the best route is to use multiple sources and your brain.

Reactions: Mowich

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
We've come to a point where issues are measured in right and left instead of right and wrong. So much time is spent squabbling based on political bias that real and serious issues go unaddressed. Government is doing squat to help, 95% of their time is spent tying to gain power or trying to hang on to it, and bias media coverage on both sides of center just feeds that. People think they are actually accomplishing something but fighting to support the left or the right when all that is really happening is we are standing still while problems grow around us.

Now I expect the question will be "What problems?". Two real big ones that I see, environmental decline and inequality both social and economic. Two issues that go largely unaddressed while people bicker over who's right and who's wrong.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Two real big ones that I see, environmental decline and inequality both social and economic. Two issues that go largely unaddressed while people bicker over who's right and who's wrong.
Two problems that sell a lot of inwash scent boosters and overpriced groceries in a box.

If addressed will Unstoppables be stopped?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can't wait for GB News to start on Sunday (which is also the day England kick off their Euro 2020 campaign against Croatia at Wembley). A right wing, pro-British, pro-Brexit, anti-woke news channel. Think Fox News or Sky News Australia. It'll be a breath of fresh air compared to Sky News and BBC News. And even though people here might not recognise them, it has recruited many what are household names and familiar faces here in Britain - newsreaders and journalists and pundits. I can't wait. A news channel on my side.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Interesting that the Toronto Sun, a bastion of Conservative thought, chose to keep the killing of the Azfaal family off the front page in favour of the breaking news "Get ready to Party on the Patio". After all, in the world of journalism one has to have priorities.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Interesting that the Toronto Sun, a bastion of Conservative thought, chose to keep the killing of the Azfaal family off the front page in favour of the breaking news "Get ready to Party on the Patio". After all, in the world of journalism one has to have priorities.

I find that the sun's main redeeming feature is the sunshine girl

1623510336476.png

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
The more the merrier! Differing perspectives are a good thing - just not what the "woke" want.
That door swings both ways my friend. Brow beating and name-calling is a favoured tactic of the low-brow demographic on both sides when it comes to suppressing opinions other than their own. The idea that one side does it and the other doesn't is partisan BS. At the end of the day we are still in a democracy, one vote each.

Last edited: