Flu is not the biggest danger ...... It's the vaccine

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
With medicine I doubt if there are any absolutes and I stay pretty open minded about everything pertaining to medicine. I am however convinced that once a vaccine is approved for administation, on average it will do a lot more good than harm not withstanding the fact that anyone can become allergic to any thing at any time.

Yep, I agree.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
With medicine I doubt if there are any absolutes and I stay pretty open minded about everything pertaining to medicine. I am however convinced that once a vaccine is approved for administation, on average it will do a lot more good than harm not withstanding the fact that anyone can become allergic to any thing at any time.

JLM - I have an open mind on it too, which is why I decided to look for the sources of the opposition to vaccination in general to see if there is anything substantial to it. I'm still looking, and it takes time to pick through all the stuff that is available on the Internt...kind of an information overload. But, there are some interesting bits out there that got my attention...here's one:

"Official data shows that large scale vaccination has failed to
obtain any significant improvement of the diseases against
which they were supposed to provide protection."

- Dr. Albert Sabin, developer of oral Polio vaccine

(Link to this is on my post #258

I'm trying to figure out when and where he said that. If he did say it, I'd really have to back up and take a second look at things, as I swallowed his vaccine on a sugar cube way back when. Mind you, I didn't get polio but neither did the farm kids who didn't get the sugar cube. A bit confusing, to say the least. Like you said, there don't seem to be many absolutes, but there sure as hell are a lot of opinions.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM - I have an open mind on it too, which is why I decided to look for the sources of the opposition to vaccination in general to see if there is anything substantial to it. I'm still looking, and it takes time to pick through all the stuff that is available on the Internt...kind of an information overload.

I'll say one thing for you - you have perserverence. :smile:

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
JLM - I have an open mind on it too, which is why I decided to look for the sources of the opposition to vaccination in general to see if there is anything substantial to it. I'm still looking, and it takes time to pick through all the stuff that is available on the Internt...kind of an information overload.

I'll say one thing for you - you have perserverence. :smile:

Well, I'm not sure about that but I have a sister in the medical biz who loves to debate this stuff with me so I get lots of practise at it. She's still trying to come up with a rebuttal to my comments on thalidomide. At the time it was introduced, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. :-(

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Think about it; a corporation's only real concern is the bottom line - profit and pleasing share holders. If they profit from illness, why would they want to cure their cash cow? Most major diseases that have been eliminated were by education, diet and hygiene. We have been brainwashed by the media and advertising to believe that we can be cured by the pharmaceutical industry and allopathic medicine. We have been sold a bill of goods. Nature was designed to provide all we need in the way of food and medicine. Health is our personal responsibility. As soon as you give that responsibility away to doctors and drug companies, you become a slave of that system.
Is that 100% true for each and every company for exactly every second of their existence? I hardly think so.
I think you forgot to wear your foil hat today Cliffy; Big Bro gonna getcha.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Well, I'm not sure about that but I have a sister in the medical biz who loves to debate this stuff with me so I get lots of practise at it. She's still trying to come up with a rebuttal to my comments on thalidomide. At the time it was introduced, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. :-(
So was factory tobacco. lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Is that 100% true for each and every company for exactly every second of their existence? I hardly think so.
I think you forgot to wear your foil hat today Cliffy; Big Bro gonna getcha.
I was wearing one when that realization came through.:cool:

Do you really think that the bottom line is conducive to or cares about the social good? There may be people working for them with a conscience, but corporations have no conscience. They exist to make money. I like the idea of the Chinese barefoot doctors.You paid them to keep you healthy. If you got sick, they paid to get you back to health.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I was wearing one when that realization came through.:cool:

Do you really think that the bottom line is conducive to or cares about the social good? There may be people working for them with a conscience, but corporations have no conscience. They exist to make money. I like theidea of the Chinese barefoot doctors.You paid them to keep you healthy. If you got sick, they paid to get you back to health.
Cliffy, if no company ever cared anything about the people they develop products for, the world would be a lot sadder than it is now. Would you like the entire planet to be driving chevies and have GM dictate to you exactly what your car should be like? Companies have to care at least a little bit what their customers are like or else they'd get no business ever. As long as a company has investors that have a say in what the company does, the company has to please them, and who the hell do you think investors are if they aren't humans and other companies with human investors?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If you want to make the GM analogy, them the pharmaceutical industry has a monopoly on "health care" in this country. There may be many companies but they have lobbied as a unit to push their agenda on the country. Health care in this country means Alopathic medicine. If you want to help yourself with alternatives you are on your own. And you are ridiculed for doing so.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
If you want to make the GM analogy, them the pharmaceutical industry has a monopoly on "health care" in this country. There may be many companies but they have lobbied as a unit to push their agenda on the country. Health care in this country means Alopathic medicine. If you want to help yourself with alternatives you are on your own. And you are ridiculed for doing so.
So who pays attention to ridicule? Everyone pushes an agenda. Big deal.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So who pays attention to ridicule? Everyone pushes an agenda. Big deal.
Some people are not as solid in themselves as you and I! :cool:

The pharmaceutical industry has been trying to destroy the natural health industry for decades to solidify their monopoly.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Some people are not as solid in themselves as you and I! :cool:

The pharmaceutical industry has been trying to destroy the natural health industry for decades to solidify their monopoly.
And it hasn't worked. We still have acupuncturists/acupressurists, chiropractioners, people like my father-in-law (herbalist), etc. The only thing that we really need is a gov't with the balls to regulate the capitalism.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And it hasn't worked. We still have acupuncturists/acupressurists, chiropractioners, people like my father-in-law (herbalist), etc. The only thing that we really need is a gov't with the balls to regulate the capitalism.
How do we get politicians to grow balls?8O

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
As in: "What if they held an election and nobody showed up?"
If enough people told their MPs that they are tired of the same ol same ol in Ottawa and just refuse to accept the same ol same ol, what do you think would happen? It's happened in other countries before (the USSR was the last one that got world attention that I can think of). Even the French did it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If enough people told their MPs that they are tired of the same ol same ol in Ottawa and just refuse to accept the same ol same ol, what do you think would happen? It's happened in other countries before (the USSR was the last one that got world attention that I can think of).
Yes, but now you are talking about whacking 33 million people upside the head to get their attention.