Floriduh

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Gruesome, but funny.

I just feel bad for the poor girls who are left in 50's era dark about periods. Bad as it is that parents in a lot of families don't talk about it, now they won't learn. How will they know if there are problems?

I suppose there's some asinine assumption that kids will talk to parents...
I suspect that the Bill doesn't say any such thing. It's just like the "don't say gay" bill that doesn't even have the term in it. I'll wait to read the actual bill to see what is really in it.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Hope so. One law for all.

Sleep with whom you like. Wear what you want.

Anybody who wants a law against a man in a dress, wig, and makeup reading to kids, but is OK with a woman in a suit and tie doing so is a hypocrite.
Unfortunately, that's not what is being talked about. If it were, I doubt if there'd be as much rancor. It's what they're wearing (which is basically nothing) & what they're saying/teaching that's at issue,

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What do YOU think?
Depends. To which "they" do you have reference?

Far as I'm concerned, as long as they adhere to "One law for all," I'm good with it.

Ya see, Dixie dear, right-wing fears notwithstanding, there is not one shred of evidence that a child can be "turned" gay, or trans, or cross-dresser.

Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Depends. To which "they" do you have reference?

Far as I'm concerned, as long as they adhere to "One law for all," I'm good with it.

Ya see, Dixie dear, right-wing fears notwithstanding, there is not one shred of evidence that a child can be "turned" gay, or trans, or cross-dresser.
Boy have you missed the boat. The concern isn't about "turning kids into whatever you want to insert here." It's about the ability for kids to actually understand what the hell they're being told and whether it is AGE APPROPRIATE. That's the issue. As older teens & adults, who cares if they want to attend this garbage but our children should be free to be kids & not have this crap "in their face" and the parents who allow this are simply ignorant, don't give a damn about their kids. I have not heard of ANYONE stating that these will "turn kids into gay, lesbian etc. etc." Total nonsense trying to deflect from what the real issue is.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Boy have you missed the boat. The concern isn't about "turning kids into whatever you want to insert here." It's about the ability for kids to actually understand what the hell they're being told and whether it is AGE APPROPRIATE. That's the issue. As older teens & adults, who cares if they want to attend this garbage but our children should be free to be kids & not have this crap "in their face" and the parents who allow this are simply ignorant, don't give a damn about their kids. I have not heard of ANYONE stating that these will "turn kids into gay, lesbian etc. etc." Total nonsense trying to deflect from what the real issue is.
Who gets to decide what information is "age appropriate?" And if that's the issue, why aren't they passing laws against teaching general relativity and quantum mechanics to kids below grade 6? That's what Floriduh is trying to do with menstruation. And some of the kids they're forbidding to hear about menstruation are already menstruating. And those who ain't will be menstruating long before they're ready for general relativity.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Who gets to decide what information is "age appropriate?" And if that's the issue, why aren't they passing laws against teaching general relativity and quantum mechanics to kids below grade 6? That's what Floriduh is trying to do with menstruation. And some of the kids they're forbidding to hear about menstruation are already menstruating. And those who ain't will be menstruating long before they're ready for general relativity.
Wow, I'm referring to Drag Queen shows and you are comparing it with Menstruation? I'm confused at what your point is because I'm totally missing it. Parents should be responsible for what their kids see that is appropriate for them. It's not up to anyone else to decide on their behalf. I will add that parents who think this is ok need their heads examined & I feel sorry for the kids.

What general relativity & quantum mechanics have to do with kids' sexuality is totally incomprehensible. Just sayin'

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wow, I'm referring to Drag Queen shows and you are comparing it with Menstruation? I'm confused at what your point is because I'm totally missing it. Parents should be responsible for what their kids see that is appropriate for them. It's not up to anyone else to decide on their behalf. I will add that parents who think this is ok need their heads examined & I feel sorry for the kids.

What general relativity & quantum mechanics have to do with sex is totally incomprehensible. Just sayin'
It's two examples of right-wing "cancel culture."

Now. . . "De Almighty says to quit changin' de subject and answer de fockin' question."

If parents should be responsible for kids, why do so many conservatives want state legislatures to dictate what kids may see and hear?

General relativity and quantum mechanics are "age inappropriate" for six-year-olds. See how that works?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

What general relativity & quantum mechanics have to do with kids' sexuality is totally incomprehensible. Just sayin'
It is called obfuscation. That is what lawyers do when they know their client is guilty but feel obliged to say something. Politicians use similar methods. Basically yelling “squirrel “

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It is called obfuscation. That is what lawyers do when they know their client is guilty but feel obliged to say something. Politicians use similar methods. Basically yelling “squirrel “
Or perhaps they're both part of the "Let's go back to the Fifties of Happy Days, ignoring the fact that they never existed."

Or is that level of abstract thought beyond you?